What's new

PAF Exercise High Mark - 2010

They have used plenty of guided ordnance in Swat. There is also footage of it. Given that its being used so widely operationally, the PAF may have felt that it did not need to expend expensive smart ordnance in this exercise. Secondly, the LGB delivery is usually done from much higher altitudes where the people sitting in the stands cannot view the launch platform. So these considerations may have come up. All speculations on my part, but since I have not see any specific footage of LGBs, I thought I'd share this.
wrong brother.our PAF doesn't uses LGB.well they are in talks with US.as i m writing this post i m reading an article in defense weekly.there is very small article according to which our PAF officials are negotiating for more than 500 LGB.(along with laser designator).currently PAF can fire these LGB from two air crafts.F-16's and thunder.but to fire these weapons from thunder we will need laser designator with in bound laser mash.till then we can only rely on dumb bomb's.any ways bro LGB's have their own share of problem.

wrong brother.our PAF doesn't uses LGB.well they are in talks with US.as i m writing this post i m reading an article in defense weekly.there is very small article according to which our PAF officials are negotiating for more than 500 LGB.(along with laser designator).currently PAF can fire these LGB from two air crafts.F-16's and thunder.but to fire these weapons from thunder we will need laser designator with in bound laser mash.till then we can only rely on dumb bomb's.any ways bro LGB's have their own share of problem.

PAF has employed LGBs since mid-1980s. Don't confuse LGBs with satellite guided ordnance (JDAMs) which is what PAF is getting from the US currently.

Currently, PAF F-16s and Mirage III (Rose II/III) all have full LGB delivery capability. The F-7s can be used to deliver the LGBs as well with designation from an F-16 or a Mirage (or by troops on the ground).

PAF has employed LGBs since mid-1980s. Don't confuse LGBs with satellite guided ordnance (JDAMs) which is what PAF is getting from the US currently.

Currently, PAF F-16s and Mirage III (Rose II/III) all have full LGB delivery capability. The F-7s can be used to deliver the LGBs as well with designation from an F-16 or a Mirage (or by troops on the ground).
blain i m working with in a defense industry.i know what we have got.if u can give me any link which clearly stats we had LGB's since 80's.LGB's need n number of platforms to fire on.hold on .Mirage3(rose upgraded)can not fire a LGB.and any ways my job is that i m currently designing a inverted co-axial data linking cop-processor.i cant give you all the specifications on the net.any ways we are on track to get LGB's.

Well i m hugely disappointed with PAF's inventory.i know they are professional air force,but tell me which air force is termed as unprofessional.we are in 21st century and we are still using those chinese F-7's.(as i always hate chinese junk).we are still operating 40 year old Mirages.those Rose upgraded mirages are nothing.i feel sorry for my air warriors.where is our government ?can't they see our inventory need's modernization.yeah!they have started modernization program,but what are we getting chinese crap.on the other side of the border they have left no stone unturned to modernize their inventory.i know we can't compare themselves to our neighbor's purchasing power,but we wont stand a chance in case of war with india.many might disagree but i have my strong views against the official machinery.

ARIZ ZAFAR, as a pakistani you are an ignorant of your own country's history. I strongly suggest you to learn your own country's history before you talk any rubbish.

Shame for you if you really are a pakistani.

I think we havent seen Air to Air combat skills of PAF.

Nither we saw any pic of H2 (100-140KM) or H4 (140 KM ++++).

ARIZ ZAFAR, as a pakistani you are an ignorant of your own country's history. I strongly suggest you to learn your own country's history before you talk any rubbish.

Shame for you if you really are a pakistani.

better watch your words.first of all how dare you question my integrity?,secondly you don't need to teach me my history.what do you think we have done some defense deals with you that's why you can bark on me?if our government have not funded your projects you guys never would have made something like thunder.and yes i would accept i have been harsh on your technology but i m not going to say sorry.inshaallah one day pakistan will be self sufficient not only to fund its project but also produce sate of art weapons.:pakistan:and that day i will talk to you.

blain i m working with in a defense industry.i know what we have got.if u can give me any link which clearly stats we had LGB's since 80's.LGB's need n number of platforms to fire on.hold on .Mirage3(rose upgraded)can not fire a LGB.and any ways my job is that i m currently designing a inverted co-axial data linking cop-processor.i cant give you all the specifications on the net.any ways we are on track to get LGB's.

Ariz, below is the video of the air strikes launched in Swat by PAF during the last year offensive. Plz note, these are laser guided strikes. We even have the French AS-30 laser guided bombs way back. If you Google on net, you will find many pictures of PAF personnel loading up LGBs on F-16s way back in late 80s and 90s. Even in videos you will find some. After this video there is a picture of a PAF F-16s loaded with LGBs and targeting pod, which was lost in 1986, meaning more then 20 years back we had this capability.

PAF F-16B block 15 #85609 from the 38th TFW is parked on the tarmac with an Altis pod on the intake and an LGB under the wing station. The aircraft was lost December 18th, 1986
that means PAF is much Experienced in guided bombings,cuz it was just the beginning of F16 era in PAF.

Last edited by a moderator:
better watch your words.first of all how dare you question my integrity?,secondly you don't need to teach me my history.what do you think we have done some defense deals with you that's why you can bark on me?if our government have not funded your projects you guys never would have made something like thunder.and yes i would accept i have been harsh on your technology but i m not going to say sorry.inshaallah one day pakistan will be self sufficient not only to fund its project but also produce sate of art weapons.:pakistan:and that day i will talk to you.

he is right you dont jack about your history, if it weren't for this "junk" defending our skies we would be in living in different times. Or maybe you dont understand what the words "sanctions" and "nuclear tests" mean in pakistan's history..get schooled

Also the point you raised about the LGB's to which taimi replied, i feel sorry for the bloke your working for

Dude U better WAtch Out BecoZ I tHInK....U sHOuLD BE BANNED.......& StoP CalllIng ChinEse THiNGS JunK & TALk To them in gOOD MANNER or else......every here would love to report u.......including me.......Its the last warning!!!
:china::pakistan::cheers:
Sorry CHINESE FELLOWS FOR EVERY THING HE SAID..............................HE IS NEW HERE & HE kNow NothING!!!!!:pakistan::china::cheers:

Arif!!! its a harassment for us in front of Chinese fellows.........please first make ur self clear by going through history again & its them who give us all the things usually free or they take the payment after giving us the equipment....they gave us heavy loans........& they r the one who r helping us in NUCLEAR PROJECTS!!!
they have helped us a lot........so stop such comments.........!!!!
regardz ARSALAN!

PAF birds have now hit the Sindh areas as........many of the mirages-3 fighters have been seen doing there Awesome maneuvers near FAisal & masroor Airbases+ JinnAH TERMInAL!!!!!

he is right you dont jack about your history, if it weren't for this "junk" defending our skies we would be in living in different times. Or maybe you dont understand what the words "sanctions" and "nuclear tests" mean in pakistan's history..get schooled

Also the point you raised about the LGB's to which taimi replied, i feel sorry for the bloke your working for
Don't feel sorry for any body.i am working here so that i gain some experience.in future i have my own plans to work as a project engineer and give my expertise to my great nation of Pakistan.i wanted to tell all the forum members my 2 own brothers are in the Pakistani army.i m as patriotic as you all.you all are my brothers and i have respect for all of you. if you guys want me to leave i will with most respect.my only aim in life is to design and develop in the field of defense for my nation.the day i will reach my land trust me you will get to know me.and thats a promise to all my brothers.going to catch some sleep.have a nice day.but remember one thing if we really feel for our country ,then stand up and be counted.we can not achieve any thing unless we do some thing.go to colleges,join the defense forces,get elected.i m really ashamed i cannot join the army,as i don't have right leg.but my brothers are doing my nation and my family proud.allahhafiz.:pakistan:long live pakistan.

First of all, I'm only a personal. I don't stand for Chinese people or Chinese government.
Secondly, I'm not going to waste my time to teach you anything. I suggest you to learn your own country's history for one you claim you are a pakistani but you show no knowledge of Pakistan's history, for two what you said is potentially going to hurt your own country's interest.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom