What's new

Featured PAF Center of Artificial Intelligence and Computing

its not worth reading, it has just 4 pages, it simply states that if a low quality video is fed into an object detection NN model, the results will not be good. i mean, its like saying if a person with a weak eyesight doesnt wear glasses, he/she will not be able to see clearly. its like an assignment report of an undergrad student.

that is why there is a peer-review system in place. and everyone knows which conferences/journals are good ones, and which are predatory and/or crap.

agreed. you only need contacts, and someone who can place a call to selection bodies of some unis.
Amazing... This is so trivial. Any basic object detection would be sufficient and it has been used all over the play.

my area of interest in retinal area and just finished a major contribution; trying to get that paper published with support with 4 different universities in 4 continents.
:D
Grammar is switched off on this browser, and even I don't care about coherence and grammar on the forum, @Meengla knows that :P . Also, no spelling is required in speaking and the pronunciation during interview can be ignored considering interviewee nationality.

The thesis is 6 months+ work. Yes, a man can have proof reading and review it several times then polish it before publishing. However, there must be a style and that style must reflect in his speech.

I would correct you on this thesis topic. It depends if this is for masters or doctorate level?

My 3rd disertation has been much longer - now into its 4th year and continued to evolve. Thesis work can take easily up to 6 years in doctorate level.

My 3rd disertation has been much longer - now into its 4th year and continued to evolve. Thesis work can take easily up to 6 years in doctorate level.
Sure, in some cases. A PhD which involves some project/product development can take that much time. One of my advisor has done PhD in 6 years. A very competent person and have published many papers. I am publishing papers after my PhD and it took me a year from start to submission of my thesis. I could have done it in 8 months, but I started teaching meanwhile. Similarly, my sister did her PhD in 6 years just bcz of the project requirements (publications, meetings, objectives achievement writings, etc.) and also, she took 2 years maternity leave.

Sure, in some cases. A PhD which involves some project/product development can take that much time. One of my advisor has done PhD in 6 years. A very competent person and have published many papers. I am publishing papers after my PhD and it took me a year from start to submission of my thesis. I could have done it in 8 months, but I started teaching meanwhile. Similarly, my sister did her PhD in 6 years just bcz of the project requirements (publications, meetings, objectives achievement writings, etc.) and also, she took 2 years maternity leave.
Correct - it can take a longer time depending on the area you are researching. My first Phd one was 3 years; 2nd one was 4 years. This 3rd one is totally unrelated.

Correct - it can take a longer time depending on the area you are researching. My first Phd one was 3 years; 2nd one was 4 years. This 3rd one is totally unrelated.
Yup. MashaAllah brother. I hope you get the 3rd one sooner. Also, stay blessed and safe. I am planning to keep fit and healthy as I am 36 years old now and have a 4 years old kid. Also, I will be the main bread earner for the family right now. I know this is off topic, but do watch this informative video.

Yup. MashaAllah brother. I hope you get the 3rd one sooner. Also, stay blessed and safe. I am planning to keep fit and healthy as I am 36 years old now and have a 4 years old kid. Also, I will be the main bread earner for the family right now. I know this is off topic, but do watch this informative video.

Noted - frankly speaking, i dont pay much attention to anything youtube based.

However what i can tell you based on retinal analysis work - you can predict which one will have high bp or is even pre-diabetic or heart issue.

You have done well. Congrats man.

Yes i am past kids long back. now just focused on a major development to help in retinal disease work.

my area of interest in retinal area and just finished a major contribution; trying to get that paper published with support with 4 different universities in 4 continents.
is there a pre-print anywhere? would like to read it.

Seventy-five percent work of Pakistan first high-standard artificial intelligence laboratory under CPEC at National University of Science and Technology (NUST has been completed while the equipment installation is almost 100% finished.
At the beginning of this year, the laboratory under CPEC–Qingluan Artificial Intelligence Laboratory was officially established at NUST, with joint efforts of NUST and Guangzhou Institute of Chinese Academy of Sciences.

Research, development and customization is currently underway. I would say work is almost finished to 75%.” Muhammad Khubaib Shabbir, Deputy Director of China Study Center of NUST told.

The lab has been put into full use, both students and teaching staff are keen on researching Pattern and Facial Recognition algorithms, the reporter learned.

“Currently, Cogniser-V1 intelligent video analysis project-a pilot project with the Government of Pakistan, and a commercial project, namely GymBot are the main projects that are under development.” Muhammad Khubaib Shabbir revealed.

“Ideally, Cognizer-V1 is one of the most sophisticated surveillance equipment, which has the capability of converting ordinary cameras and surveillance equipment into a Smart Equipment, using AI and Computer Vision Algorithms.” Muhammad Khubaib Shabbir said.

“To put it simple, the Cognizer-V1 has the ability to sense the people who are lurking around in certain areas and generate warnings, regarding dangerous behavioral patterns such as suicide, or other suspicious activities.” Muhammad Khubaib Shabbir said.

BLESS. Reverse the numbers and you have my age. Stay blessed and healthy and lots of love for your young one.
A

You cant expect Pakistan to compete with multi trillion dollar economies.

Also, in other countries, such research is usually conducted by research institutions, not militaries.

So kudos to PAF for trying, and better late than never.
Pakistani companies should be competing with multi trillion dollar companies 🤦‍♂️

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom