What's new

PAF Celebrating Mirage Golden Jubilee

They did, and in fact we had the Mirages painted with the 50yrs celebration 2-3 years ago already. So why this maila now?
I think rubbing in on the “technological asymmetry” to the neighbors plus preparing our people for potential new acquisitions in view of the resource constraint I.e. time to send the Mirages to the pasture. There could be something to all the J10s lined up at Chengdu either waiting for engines or AESAs. The transition could be quick.

they're surely Gold...but about time we display each one of these at important avenues or Museums.... tbh

ایک زمانہ تھا کہ پاکستان ایرفورس میں ایرو پلین اور فلائیٹ جیسے رسالہ صرف چنیدہ افسران کی پہونچ میں ہوتے تھے اور ان پر خفیہ کی مہر بھی لگی ہوتی تھی۔ جبکہ وہ سب رسالے باقی دنیا میں کمرشل بنیاد پر ملتے تھے اور کراچی میں کھوڑی گارڈن میں کوڑیوں کے دام عام ملتے تھے۔ راقم حروف کو جنگی جہازوں کا جنون تھا اس لئے یہ رسالے جمع کئے ہوئے تھے۔ اب ہوا یہ کہ ایرفورس ڈے پرڈرگ روڈ (فیصل بیس) پر جہازوں کی نمائش ہوئی اور ان میں پہلی بار میراج طیاروں کو عوام کے لئے پیش کیا گیا تھا۔ میں میراج کے بہت سے ماڈل کی معلومات رکھتا تھا اس لئے میں نے سوال کیا کہ کیا یہ وہ ماڈل ہے۔ جواب تو نہ مل سکا مگر اس شخص کے اشارہ پر مجھے وہاں موجود ملٹری پولیس نے ایک قریبی دفتر میں پہونچا دیا۔ مجھ سے کہا گیا کہ ہمارے افسر آئیں گے اور تفتیش کریں گے۔ میں نے پوچھا کہ کس بات کی تفتیش ہو گی تو مجھے خاموشی سے بیٹھنے کے کئے کہا گیا۔ میں کمرہ میں انتظار کرتا رہا کہ نہ جانے کیا کر دیا ہے کہ انہوں نے مجھے یہاں بٹھایا ہوا ہے۔ ایک یا دو گھنٹے کے بعد ان کے پولیس افسر آئے تو ان کو کھسر پھسر میں کچھ بتایا گیا۔ اب تفتیش شروع ہوئی۔ اپنی شناخت کراو۔ کیا نام ہے؟ کیا کرتے ہو؟ میں نے نام بتایا اور بولا کہ میں طالبعلم ہوں۔ تم سے کس نے کہا کہ ان جہازوں کا ماڈل معلوم کرو۔ میں نے بتایا کہ مجھے میراج کے تمام ماڈل کی معلومات ہیں۔ وہ کیسے؟ میں نے کہا کہ فلائٹ سے یہ سب معلومات ملی ہیں۔ بولے کہ وہ تو ایک کلاسیفائیڈ میگزین ہے اس تک کیسے پہونچے؟ میں نے بتایا کہ میں فلائٹ میگزین کھوڑی گارڈن سے خرید کر پڑھتا ہوں۔ انہوں نے مجھے ایک اور افسر کے سامنے پیش کیا اور یہ سب بتایا کہ مجھے کیسے ان جہازوں کی جانکاری ہوئی ہے۔ انہوں نے مجھے شاباشی دی کہ میں اس عمر میں ان جہازوں میں اتنی دلچسپی رکھتا ہوں لیکن اس کے بعد انہوں نے حکم دیا کہ میرا پتہ اور دیگر کوائف درج کئے جائیں اور مجھے ملٹری پولیس کی جیپ میں بٹھا کر بیرونی دروازہ پر لا کر گھر جانے کی ہدایت کی۔ میں بغیر کچھ دیکھے گھر چلا آیا۔ آج پاکستان ایر فورس ان جہازوں کی گولڈن جوبلی بنا رہی ہے تو مجھے بھی یہ واقعہ یاد آگیا اور میں اس کو یہاں بیان کر رہا ہوں۔

remarkable interview of AC Syed Sajjad Haider:

listen to him at 6:28 about his wish for Mirages 2000-5 with PAF Pilots and his words for the young pilots.

can someone confirm during who's tenure as a Chief was this interview conducted? ACM Mushaf Ali Mir?

Last edited:
They are good, serve their purpose but now it's time to replace them, they are crashing with valuable human life with it.

img-20210225-wa0026-jpg.720275

I think rubbing in on the “technological asymmetry” to the neighbors plus preparing our people for potential new acquisitions in view of the resource constraint I.e. time to send the Mirages to the pasture. There could be something to all the J10s lined up at Chengdu either waiting for engines or AESAs. The transition could be quick.
tbh with the legacy they built with the Mirages, I'd feel bad about replacing them with anything less than a NGFA. They entered the region with an aura (much like the F-16s), but persisted with time into becoming a real threat (especially air-to-ground).

Notice the newly installed position of FLIR in the night attack Mirages.

View attachment 720384

It's a Mirage IIIRP from the first batch bought in 1967 and the thing infront of the Doppler navigation is the reconnaissance camera.
The particular aircraft is from 15 squadron and they don't hav any aircraft with FLIR's installed.

It's a Mirage IIIRP from the batch bought in 1975 and the thing infront of the Doppler navigation is the reconnaissance camera.
The particular aircraft is from 15 squadron and they don't hav any aircraft with FLIR's installed.
Are you sure , i thought this is position of cameras seen on the nearest aircraft.

1614358185646.png

The MRFs books are full apparently till 2025 overhauling these planes. There has been a stated need expressed by PAF higher ups of retaining M3/5s till mid to late 20s. I guess if we started a replacement programme now with a contract negotiated in 18 months, latency of 3 years while platforms are built we will have reached that stated aim. I fully agree tyat the bulk of this fleet should go but for ground attack a cheap cheerful and appropriate platform will be hard to replace especially at the costof these platforms. I wonder whether the PAF will retain a couple of squadrons for the precise role. Your thoughts on the matter.
A

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom