What's new

PAF CAS confirmed the SU-30MKI kill in addition to MiG-21 Bison - Alan Warnes

Mean to say---1 downed mig21 aircraft is nothing---. By default---the indians air force would have wanted immediate & total air superiority---for the very reason that the inventory of aircraft they had---dictated that they should have total air superiority---.

What stopped them to retaliate---what made PM Modi utter for the Rafale to come save them---something serious must have happened---something beyond
That is the same questions I asked, some other hypothesis are
1. Y IAF was operating 40 km away from border on very next day of PAF strike
2. Y India was going to such an extreme measure which could have easily exclated into full blown war like carrying out a missile strike, is it not strange that as per their narrative they shot down an F16 while loosing Mig 21which clearly indicate Indian victory
3. Mere loss of a mig 21 and PAF failed strike as per their narrative doesn't compel a country to go for an all out war or a missile strike.
4. If we critically analyse the body language of Indian military generals during press brief it clearly suggest some thing big has happened to them ie beyond downing of Mig 21 and that may be something which @TheTallGuy is claiming
5. Last of all was Modi comment regarding,, agar hamare pas Rafael hota,,

That is the same questions I asked, some other hypothesis are
1. Y IAF was operating 40 km away from border on very next day of PAF strike
2. Y India was going to such an extreme measure which could have easily exclated into full blown war like carrying out a missile strike, is it not strange that as per their narrative they shot down an F16 while loosing Mig 21which clearly indicate Indian victory
3. Mere loss of a mig 21 and PAF failed strike as per their narrative doesn't compel a country to go for an all out war or a missile strike.
4. If we critically analyse the body language of Indian military generals during press brief it clearly suggest some thing big has happened to them ie beyond downing of Mig 21 and that may be something which @TheTallGuy is claiming
5. Last of all was Modi comment regarding,, agar hamare pas Rafael hota,,

Let's not forget Qamar Bajwa had telephone exchanges with COAS of America, Britain, Russia, China, and even Australia. His statement (comprehension) "Pakistan will do whatever is necessary to defend itself". Those are powerful words after talking with some of the world's most powerful men. I also agree, 2 aircrafts down would only make India more berserk like a hyena kicked in the guts.

why do i need to backup my claims ...can you prove them wrong? I dont even ask for proof ..i only ask that lets discuss on IAF OrBat of 27th Feb 19 discuss tactics and deployments. share some details and by constructive discussion you can by valid argument nullified by claim. if i said one MiG-27 was shot down ...you can theoretically prove that there was no MiG-27M in theater of Kashmir and i can agree with you! certainly valid point..

Look its that easy...if you do not have the enough knowledge or expertise in this regard you can say tallguy i dont have enough info on the subject matter will not discuss and it would be Ok.

About arvind sinha why choose suicide on following date...was the world coming to end or he threatened to open pandora box?

Ok I will take the bait. Will discuss.

Mind you it is next to impossible to hide the wreckage of 7 other fighters as suggested by you.

@MastanKhan
IAF stood down or did not retaliate or escalate for the simple reason, they were ordered to by the political bosses.

Modi is a more seasoned political strategist to know when or how to play his cards. Balakot was the message. His massive election victory is witness to his political acumen.

His damp squib reply to Ik’s congratulatory message post election win is a sign India for a long time is going to keep Pak at arms length.

entire paf was airborne.why entire paf? this is a very good question.clearly nobody knows the real events.dogfight with mig-21 happened at the later stage but nobody knows what happened in the initial stages.paf bombed empty spaces near installations.paf probably intruded deep and one fighter jet probably used helicopter as cover against incoming indian missile from sam.anything is possible.i am sure paf jets infiltrated deep.hiding 7 jets is not possible.what was amraam doing inside india? india showed amraam to public which clearly means that it was either searching target or hit target.it is clear that we either targeted their helicopter or used their helicopter as cover.indian sam cover was broken and pakistan now have full information about critical locations.why india was angry is a totally different question.india either lost something big or wanted to save her face from pilot capture humiliation.indian radar data are still pictures but it's true that they were after our f-16 who was returning from bombing mission.either we lost our plane or they lost their su-30 but wreckage clearly falls on our side so 2nd jet is a mystery and more likely to be our jet.

@TheTallGuy if your claims are indeed true then why are pictures of only 2 PAF pilots with kills circulating the internet?

Last edited:
Ok I will take the bait. Will discuss.

Mind you it is next to impossible to hide the wreckage of 7 other fighters as suggested by you.

@MastanKhan
IAF stood down or did not retaliate or escalate for the simple reason, they were ordered to by the political bosses.

Modi is a more seasoned political strategist to know when or how to play his cards. Balakot was the message. His massive election victory is witness to his political acumen.

His damp squib reply to Ik’s congratulatory message post election win is a sign India for a long time is going to keep Pak at arms length.

Wow. Logic from an Indian. Screwed as usual.
Modi bemoaned not having Rafale. That doesn't sound like murmuring of a seasoned politician.
It is that Indians are idiots that they bought his narratives, like you are doing here.

Wow. Logic from an Indian. Screwed as usual.
Modi bemoaned not having Rafale. That doesn't sound like murmuring of a seasoned politician.
It is that Indians are idiots that they bought his narratives, like you are doing here.
Modi’s statements like “great loss” and “had there been Rafaels” are the best accolades for the PAF performance on 02-27!!! And, it’s the biggest garbage case for the IAF in the current form!!! Thanks to God he’s been re-elected...

The primary objective, for which Balakot strikes, were planned and carried out by Modi, has already been duly achieved, in an exceptional manner. Sans Balakot, he could never ever even imagine of 303 seats, and that also for BJP alone.

All the rest is secondary, peripheral and incidental.

Modi is, no doubt, an ideal and perfect embodiment of the Chanakyan philosophy and thinking.

The primary objective, for which Balakot strikes, were planned and carried out by Modi, has already been duly achieved, in an exceptional manner. Sans Balakot, he could never ever even imagine of 303 seats, and that also for BJP alone.

All the rest is secondary, peripheral and incidental.

Modi is, no doubt, an ideal and perfect embodiment of the Chanakyan philosophy and thinking.

Exactly !
And Modi knew that prolonging any air war will be a mistake right before the election. WHen the purpose is served then why risk even the slightest damage that will risk even a single vote?
Honestly, the next 5 years will keep PAF on it's toes. It is in no position to start anything at all. It can only react to what the IAF does . I'm not trolling, just being realistic.

Exactly !
And Modi knew that prolonging any air war will be a mistake right before the election. WHen the purpose is served then why risk even the slightest damage that will risk even a single vote?
Honestly, the next 5 years will keep PAF on it's toes. It is in no position to start anything at all. It can only react to what the IAF does . I'm not trolling, just being realistic.
And it has squarely put the IAF on the back foot and sent the planners back to the drawing board.
Ask anyone from India if the IAF aircraft are venturing anywhere near the LOC.

And it has squarely put the IAF on the back foot and sent the planners back to the drawing board.

It is Pak which has closed its airspace. News of F16 moved away from FOBs.

Why IAF is on the back foot?? If anything Pak and paf are on the back foot. It comes off even worse for paf if IAF is not even venturing anywhere near loc.

It is Pak which has closed its airspace. News of F16 moved away from FOBs.

Why IAF is on the back foot?? If anything Pak and paf are on the back foot. It comes off even worse for paf if IAF is not even venturing anywhere near loc.
Its tactics/stretagies of PAF/govt, so what the problems if our F-16 is not near to LOC, and we are not place our front line jets near to LOC in war or in peace @Mace

Exactly !

Yes. Rather, my contention is that there was absolutely no idea of war, at all, to start with. Modi made a well calculated move and, throughout the episode, proceeded in accordance with the initially laid out plans. I further believe, very strongly, to which most of my Pakistani friends would not agree, that Balakot strike was a deliberate miss, to avoid any human casualty and damage to any building or infrastructure, at all costs. Missiles struck precisely, where they were intended, that is at a small distance from the "proclaimed" targets. Whole game was to falsely claim the killing of so-called "Terrorists"; propagate it through the gullible media; and fool the voter. This objective has been achieved amply, even beyond the imaginations of its perpetrators.

Honestly, the next 5 years will keep PAF on it's toes. It is in no position to start anything at all. It can only react to what the IAF does .

First thing is that it is not a matter of PAF, but of Pakistan military, as a whole. At strategic level, Pakistan's posture against India has primarily been defensive and reactive, at least, since 2000. To remain on toes, is an essential and inadvertent consequence of such a posture and, therefore, it is nothing new. Two major military standoffs, between India and Pakistan, in the past 20 years, point towards this condition.

I'm not trolling, just being realistic.

I know, you are not trolling.:p::p::p:

The problem with letting the enemy go is that he will regroup and reorganize based on newfound insight into your abilities. In India's case, this is the Su-30 + Brahmos combination which I suspect will be launched with full cooperation of the Western suppliers of radars and AEWACS to Pakistan. We have simply raised the stakes against our favor and now we will have to contend with bigger and more lethal threats. India will not merely attack for show next time.

The problem with letting the enemy go is that he will regroup and reorganize based on newfound insight into your abilities. In India's case, this is the Su-30 + Brahmos combination which I suspect will be launched with full cooperation of the Western suppliers of radars and AEWACS to Pakistan. We have simply raised the stakes against our favor and now we will have to contend with bigger and more lethal threats. India will not merely attack for show next time.

However things are not stagnant at PAF end as well, PL-10, PL-15 and JF-17 Blk-3s will be entering service 2020. As per rumors JF-17 Blk-2s will be or have been equipped with PL-15s. Although they might not be able to take full advantage of PL-15s range but it will have a extremely good no escape zone (missile NEZ). To top this it is still a secret how despite their monster radars the SU-30s could not make any shots.

So stakes being upped on both ends. With difference being the myth of invincibility gone for InAF.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom