What's new

PAF CAS confirmed the SU-30MKI kill in addition to MiG-21 Bison - Alan Warnes

Public was given release by ISPR - Alan Warnes is not just another British journo since he has over the years built some very good relationships with the PAF and has proven capable of keeping quiet when asked.
Not to mention he has written entire books on the PAF and is otherwise well respected in the aviation journalist world.

Try releasing the news to some local journalists and they’ll add cheap animation to it and add idiotic comments to release.

After all, we already have plenty of members here who are posting two-bit youtube videos and asking questions based on them as if they are verses of the Quran
Moreover, it's specifically Alan Warnes who's given this kind of access.

I was at IDEAS and I know for a fact that people from other Western publications tried getting info, and the forces put as much of a distance with them as they did with most others.

@Falcon26 Why are you stressing so much on an off topic discussion? PAF did not claim to have downed Mi17 since the day one and it has maintained its stance.
Furthermore, it happened inside IoJ&K and since PAF fighters were not involved in downing of Mi17 so it does not matter that much whether it was downed by a spyder SAM or another of Indian A/Cs or even crashed due to some technical fault. BTW, I'm sure CAS would have used the word "may be" but due the twitter limit of 140 words.. Alan Warnes just left the unimportant stuff out. Anyways he will be writing a detailed article soon.

Hopefully his article clears some of the confusion his tweets caused. And yes, facts are important. The mi-17 crash imo is more important than the mig-21 downing for obvious reasons. After the events of the 2/27th India immediately threatened to unleash missile attacks on Pakistan, this shows that whatever PAF did seriously destroyed India’s belief in its own IAF.

Hopefully his article clears some of the confusion his tweets caused. And yes, facts are important. The mi-17 crash imo is more important than the mig-21 downing for obvious reasons. After the events of the 2/27th India immediately threatened to unleash missile attacks on Pakistan, this shows that whatever PAF did seriously destroyed their belief in their own IAF.
Well, IAF itself is investigating and as per their initial findings it was downed by friendly fire.. further details I don't know

Oh ofcourse. Convenient. :D
The black box may not provide anything as such to the identity of who brought it down but would provide a clue whether it was a “technical fault” or a catastrophic failure due to being hit.

Moreover, it's specifically Alan Warnes who's given this kind of access.

I was at IDEAS and I know for a fact that people from other Western publications tried getting info, and the forces put as much of a distance with them as they did with most others.
Alan tends to keep quiet on certain aspects unlike others

The black box may not provide anything as such to the identity of who brought it down but would provide a clue whether it was a “technical fault” or a catastrophic failure due to being hit.
IAF has already established it was brought down by a friendly attack.

It does record the data recorded from RWR I believe.

Agreed, but mi-17 being downed by Indian SAMs vs MiG-21 changed the dynamics a bit. For one, if downed by SAMs it establishes a successful manipulation of India’s capable air defense systems which has serious ramifications for future conflicts. If it’s downed by mig-21 it’s still bad but not as serious as exploitation of the air defense systems.

No evidence provided for the su-30 so it is still a claim. Granted Pakistan has much better and more importantly consistent narrative backed by neutral sources, it still doesn’t help PAF’s overall credibility to make unsubstantiated claims
Doesnt matter how it was shot down the fact is mi17 is down

When it comes to su30 we have various counts thw most interesting is a bunch of Kashmiri civilian in IOK stating that a twin seater jet was confirmed down this was on indian media later dismissed as mi17 shot down but for civilians to messing up a helicopter with fighter jet and saying "sir its not a choppee but conformed jet" makes it unlikely to be untrue..

Similar huge number of witness forced IAF to chnage story of mi17 from fall to shotdown

Doesnt matter how it was shot down the fact is mi17 is down

When it comes to su30 we have various counts thw most interesting is a bunch of Kashmiri civilian in IOK stating that a twin seater jet was confirmed down this was on indian media later dismissed as mi17 shot down but for civilians to messing up a helicopter with fighter jet and saying "sir its not a choppee but conformed jet" makes it unlikely to be untrue..

Similar huge number of witness forced IAF to chnage story of mi17 from fall to shotdown

Sorry to disappoint you but how the mi-17 fell is very significant that changes the entire calculus.

Sorry to disappoint you but how the mi-17 fell is very significant that changes the entire calculus.
It only changes the calculus for IAF and not PAF.

And how IAF undergoes changes in its command and structure due to this blunder is not our concern. We have always adopted a defensive doctrine and we always will.

27th February was an exception.

Alan tends to keep quiet on certain aspects unlike others
Yep ... and when he does speak, it usually means (besides being greenlighted) that things in that direction are quite far into motion (11th hour). That's why the news he revealed about the LIFT program was a big deal.

I was on Mars yesterday and I have proof.

Screenshot_2019-04-10-23-44-22-1-1.png

Back
Top Bottom