What's new

PAF can counter India’s new war doctrine, says air chief

Status
Not open for further replies.
The diplomatic cables, accessed by The Hindu through WikiLeaks, suggested that the purpose of the sale was to divert Pakistan's attention from “the nuclear option,” and give it “time and space to employ a conventional reaction” in the event of a conflict with India (151227: confidential). Privately, however, the U.S. acknowledged the “reality” that the F-16 programme would not change India's “overwhelming air superiority over Pakistan.

these comments are self contradictory and at the end that superiority thing kill the purpose for what the US has stood..

For the f-16's.. it was a no brainier..
The R-77's 21km at sea level is for a head on engagement.. take a climbing target.. and a tail chase. and see how it reduces.
the same goes for all missiles.
Missile motors are also a factor.. is it a dual motor(boost and sustainer) or just a large boost?
A large boost will make it get to the target faster and with higher KE but at expense of range..
One also has to consider the close proximity of airbases in this case.

How much time will it take to reach, say 45kft shortly after take off?.

How much time will it take to reach, say 45kft shortly after take off?.
Depends on the jet.. published data is available for the F-16s.
but why is 45k relevant to this battlefield?

Depends on the jet.. published data is available for the F-16s.
but why is 45k relevant to this battlefield?

Aggressor wish to go that altitude, can't they?

Not to mention Pakistan's indigenous H-4 SOW (Stand off Weapon)....
It has a stated range of 120 km. Indians sources state that its a "BVR Bomb":lol:...

The diplomatic cables, accessed by The Hindu through WikiLeaks, suggested that the purpose of the sale was to divert Pakistan's attention from “the nuclear option,” and give it “time and space to employ a conventional reaction” in the event of a conflict with India (151227: confidential). Privately, however, the U.S. acknowledged the “reality” that the F-16 programme would not change India's “overwhelming air superiority over Pakistan.

these comments are self contradictory and at the end that superiority thing kill the purpose for what the US has stood..

How it is contradictory ? kindly explain.

I wouldn't consider the last (diplomatic) option a real option.....as currently clowns are running the diplomatic process in the important places.....i.e. West.

Thanks to PPP.

I freaking hate clowns.

:mamba:

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

What's your fetish with heavy?

When they will fall from sky, you or we would just have more scrap to clean....in India and Pakistan respectively.

by heavy fighters i mean fighters like MKI which have long range, ability to do deep strikes and can act as AWACs Killer

IAF AWACs are heavy, jet powered with more powerful radars

BTW you didn't reply to 4th line of my post

Of course, the PAF, being a very professional airforce WILL have made plans to counter any contingency, and due to the nuclear status of both countries and the fear of escalation , we wont see all out conflict. So in any small scale war the paf will definitely have an adequate capability to deny us full on air supremacy over pakistani skies for at least about a week, though they will take heavy losses if india chooses to go offensive. I can see their capability becoming more of a reality with the induction of more jf-17s and j-10b aircraft. As of now the main backbone of pakistani air force capability is the f-16, which will be pretty much nullified , considering that we have israeli EW equipment on most of our frontline fighters, which are more than capable of jamming the an/apg 68 radars on the paf f-16s .

even with the induction of more chinese aircraft, i dont see the qualitative rift closing . just my 2 cents

F16 BlK 52

What are those ? :what: ... What advantage does Phalcon offer against the Erieye in Pak-India scenario ? :azn:

PAF doesn't need strategic bombers and i would love to know what Indian aircraft do you refer as such ?

we have leased 4 TU 22M bombers from Russia

fighters are much harder to detect, they aren't sitting (flying) ducks.
LR SAM are a threat for bombers...

there's simply no need to have bombers unless you're the US and can afford the B-2.
You as an airforce make do with smaller aircraft optimized for A2G role, you don't need to take the risk of sending a vulnerable bomber to do the job.

In our theater of war, bombers wouldn't survive over enemy territory, they can be spotted and killed at long ranges.

the TU 22Ms can carry up to 10 cruise missiles ( off coarse 300 KM due to MTCR )

they can fire these missiles while remaining 50-60 KM away from PAK Airspace and can return to base or they can use the same tactic to destroy PN ships patrolling near Pak

Aggressor wish to go that altitude, can't they?

they can.. but Im not sure if they wish.
depends on the tactics employed.
Is 45k always the best altitude?
Why cant 20k or 10k not do it?

Not to mention Pakistan's indigenous H-4 SOW (Stand off Weapon)....
It has a stated range of 120 km. Indians sources state that its a "BVR Bomb":lol:...

Sir, Im mainly based in Australia and it was funny when I compared Indian military with the Australian last night. Total number of combat aircrafts of Australian air force is ‘24’ Super Hornet only as rest of their around 70 old Super Hornets are almost inactive, with having serious maintenance problems etc. and if these 4th gen, only ‘24’, Super Hornet are top end for a2g roles, then Indian SU30MKIs are considered as top end for air superiority roles and 33 of this types are being delivered every year. While the Mig29Ks for aircraft carriers, 9 being delivered every year, are fit in comparison with F16 block 52 for a balance of both a2a and a2g roles. And here I find, 2 frigates, one nuclear submarines, one aircraft carrier with these ‘42’ 4.5 gen aircrafts, 40 new military helicopters, etc., the added strength of Indian military for just one year would be enough to win over Australia, the so called 3rd biggest power of Indian ocean. :lol: :rofl: I find only AESA radar of ‘24’ 4.5 gen Australian Super Hornet gives little advantage to it but here, the new batch of SU30MKIs will also come with this 5th gen AESA radar with proposed upgrading of existing Su30s :wave:

While if delivery of about 33 SU30MKIs per year to IAF will continue till 2015/16, then it will then be followed by ‘Rafale F4’ from 2014/15 onwards. And if delivery of 9 Mig29K will continue till 2014 then it will then be followed by LCA mk2. At the same time upgrading of existing aircrafts, upgrading of submarines with new order, frigates, IAC-1 would come in service by 2015/16, increased production of T90s, with P8Is, C17s, next gen helicopters and so on……………………………… :tup:

China and India are emerging as new dominant powers of the world and no doubt we will see Indians and Pakistanis closer to each other in future for a combined progress :cheers:

Russian World Weapons Analysis Center released U.S. report shows that Russian-Indian military-technical cooperation in the field this year will implement a number of major trading scheme. It should be noted that a considerable part of the transaction which is based on a previous contract implementation. Among them, one of the highest value end of the year was undoubtedly the Russian deliveries to the Indian Navy, “Admiral Gorshkov” aircraft carrier. For modernization of the cost of the ship has been changed several times and eventually freeze-frame 23.4 billion. The second major deal between Russia and India for the delivery of two 1135.6 frigate, with a total value of about $ 1 billion. Russia ranked third in the transaction in January this year for the Indian Navy to lease a 971-type submarines. According to the latest news, the amount of the transaction will involve up to $ 920 million.

Russia and India according to finalize the delivery schedule, Russia will be delivered to India in 2012, more 40 m-17V-5 type of military transport helicopters, 21 Su-30MKI (signed in 2000, according to contract to license the assembly), 12 Su-30MKI (according to the 2007 supply contracts signed) and nine carrier-based fighter aircraft MiG -29K/KUB. In addition, this year, Russia and India will continue serving on the Indian MiG-29 fighter jets, Figure -142 patrol aircraft, helicopters Mi-17 upgrade and maintenance of 877EM submarine contract. At the same time, Russia will provide card-31 shipborne helicopters, AL-55-and TRDD-50MT engine, “club-S” anti-ship missile systems, Mi-17 helicopter training simulator, the assembly authorized the Indian T-90S a series of main battle tanks and other contracts. :tup:

be noted that, with a number of major sales contracts, the United States from 2013 to replace Russia as India’s largest source of arms for the country. The United States plans to provide arms and equipment to India, including P-8I anti-submarine patrol aircraft, C-17A large military transport aircraft, AH-64D “Longbow” helicopters. The correlation between the US-India arms contract will be implemented between 2013-2015.

Russian media: United States next year will replace Russia as India’s largest source of weapons « Military of China, force comment.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

after comparing total strength of Australian military w.r.t. to the total strength Indian military add every year, today I remembered my that line in my all the letters to Australian Prime Ministers, (Mr Rudd and Ms Gillard), during mid 2009 to mid 2011, that, "Power exercise on a single man is a sign of weakness of Australia as a nation and continuous misuse of government resources to give me personal losses, (mental, financial and career prospects), is a sign of their failures with me."

most of the time I find Australian media showing Australian strengths as per performance of Michael Clark, David Warner with publicity of 'Agnipath' series showing braveries of Australians but the ground reality is totally different, as per the comparison of military strengths as above. even if I have a look on myself, over 5 years have passed like this, continuous medicines were given to me to break me down mentally, with months long visits to mental hospitals, but, what I told to that Italian girl living in my flat on quay st in Sydney in July 2011, when my father was very sick, that, "Im sure I won't let myself go on the hands of those who can organize so many things for so long. even if my father is given intentional sickness and I may lose my all the family members one by one, I mustn't let myself go on the hands of those who may do all these with me to bring me in the current position to make me in the position for a bargain for this ongoing politics. these people musn't be successful, at any cost, Im totally convinced. those who can die must die.........." and even if I have lost my father, Im living in India in a continuous life threat right now, Im fully convinced that I mustn't surrender and let those win who organized so many things for so long. even if my time is close, I must register victory over those who may do so many things to get their political interests fulfilled, Im dead sure. and I find, only my willingness to win over these type of people, even if it may result in my certain death, has given me so much mental strengths to keep doing all these politics. so long medication for mental treatments of mine to bring me down and this is the end result. more I fought, more mental strengths I find in myself. I will never conpromise with my political view, not on gun point, definitely not.
(I may hardly keep doing prays in Christian religious way for survival as I was promised that at the end of all these politics, at the end of my all those unwanted political involvements which are enforced on me, I will be allowed to walk away alive if I do pray in the way I was told to do so. but, those who organised so many things for so long will get nothing from me........................)

and whenever I see any banned member, I always find myself thankful to PDF who has given me a platform to do all these politics :pakistan:

they can.. but Im not sure if they wish.
depends on the tactics employed.
Is 45k always the best altitude?
Why cant 20k or 10k not do it?

I just take an example of 45kft. Nothing special on it.

May be in higher altitude then can be out of the range of the ground based SAMs, lesser fuel consumption. More BVR range etc.

In order to intercept, the other has to reach to the aggressor altitude..right?

I just take an example of 45kft. Nothing special on it.

May be in higher altitude then can be out of the range of the ground based SAMs, lesser fuel consumption. More BVR range etc.

In order to intercept, the other has to reach to the aggressor altitude..right?

Well.. yes.. and not necessarily these days.
For eg.. in the earlier days you would preferably try to reach at the same level to ensure optimum conditions for the missile shots.
And being at 45k is not an advantage for lets say CAP's or sweeps.
But it can be a great advantage when trying to hit High value targets such as AWACS or refuellers.
Since at 45k there may still be some low flying targets that will evade your scan and slip through the net.
But at 45 k you may also zoom over any existing CAP's around HVAA's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom