What's new

PAF and IAF Active Duty Inventory/ Assets in February 2019 Conflict

Maybe not use Wiki (which seems to get you caught out often on this forum)

Most accurate database on the internet is here, and I admit I was wrong. It is 7 MIG-21 units, not 6! :-)

like I said keep using out dated data, to make you feel less,insecure

today on March 1 India has the following nos

12 Rafale rising to 36 by 2022 .. 1 sqd
260 mki ..13 sqd
59 mig29 smt ..3sqd
45 mirage 2000 dash 5 .. 2 sqds
23 tejas mark1 ..1sdq
110 jaguar with 55 phased out by 2028 .. 6 sqds
54 mig21 in 3 sqds,by end if 2021 ..sqds

I make this 28 sqds,only
but the second tejas sqds has been started
and the second Rafale sqd will.be started late taking now to 30 sqds by 2022

but again fall.to 27 when the remain 59 mig21 bison go by 2024.

but again India has addressed this by pending order 21 additional.s
mig29 smt and 83 tejas mark1a start arriving 2024 to 20029.

but again 3 jaguar sqds go by 2028 so again fall.in nos in 2029

my guess by 2029n

36 Rafale ... 2
123 tejas, mark 1 and 1a...6
270 su30mki ...13
45 mirage2000 dash 5 ...3
55 jaguar darin 3 aesa upgraded ...3
80 mig29smt ...4

I make this 31 sqds
with Rafale tejas and jaguar mig29 all.carrying aesa radars,

at some point this year news of su30mki upgrade will be formally announced to super mki programme no idea.

of course,their is also talk of second Rafale order of 36 to 40 f4 version s to be ordered by 2024

let's,see

you can add 120 off Hawks which can provide CAS for Indian troopers these are very much capable platforms also.
Also 80 odd Mig 27s can be pressed into service if need be..

also for 2029 numbers you are missing MRCA-II numbers which will start arriving by 2025 this contract is not being canceled expect more Rafales or F-18s
at least 40 odd by 2029

you can add 120 off Hawks which can provide CAS for Indian troopers these are very much capable platforms also.

also for 2029 numbers you are missing MRCA-II numbers which will start arriving by 2025 this contract is not being canceled expect more Rafales or F-18s
at least 40 odd by 2029
PAF and IAF Active Duty Inventory/ Assets in February 2019 Conflict

As,far as pakistan inventory is concerned I believe it's

18 block 52 f16
55 block 15 mlu f16
120 thunders,
55 f7pg
100 plus,mirage 5

officially mirage could be higher but they are such old airframes some planes are cannablised for spares,only .
still the best looking fighter in pak.airforce and
I may be wrong but most kills possibly
As,far as pakistan inventory is concerned I believe it's

18 block 52 f16
55 block 15 mlu f16
120 thunders,
55 f7pg
100 plus,mirage 5

officially mirage could be higher but they are such old airframes some planes are cannablised for spares,only .
still the best looking fighter in pak.airforce and
I may be wrong but most kills possibly

I can't see what else,is realistically Coming to pakistan .
euro canard impossible financially
usa f16 seem so hard to concluded yet they offer India the entire production line for f16 and hornets ... double standards stink
and talk of j10 has been going on for 10 years
lately somebody was guaranteeing j10 c
but I have seen this before.
just can't see anything other than block 3 thunders

Last edited:
like I said keep using out dated data, to make you feel less,insecure

You mean scamble.nl, the must up to date ORBAT on the web is outdated compared to your 2019 Wiki source?

Please carry on posting like this, it gives many of us on PDF hours of amusement...

at least 40 odd by 2029

80 MIG-27s have been stored in airworthy condition ready to immediately fly into combat if need be?

Any source for this other than your crack dealer?

12 Rafale rising to 36 by 2022 .. 1 sqd
260 mki ..13 sqd
59 mig29 smt ..3sqd
45 mirage 2000 dash 5 .. 2 sqds
23 tejas mark1 ..1sdq
110 jaguar with 55 phased out by 2028 .. 6 sqds
54 mig21 in 3 sqds,by end if 2021 ..sqds
Bit wrong boss.
Su-30 MKI..... 13 sqnds
Mig-29..........3 sqnds
Mirage 2000.....3 sqnds
Tejas.......1 sqnds
Rafale..... 1 sqnds
Jaguar..... 6 sqnds
Mig 21 Bison...5 sqnds
Mig 21 UM/Bis...1 sqnds (OCU)

In a SINGLE engagement that the PAF planned and executed with several assets and the best of the best of the PAF, not regular line pilots from ordinary squadrons.
Yeah and who said they were not regular pilots? Even inexperienced Flying Officers were part of the package and they did very well so cut the BS.

The PAF also retreated the moment the IAF put nearly 20 Su-30MKIs and MiG-29UPGs in the air. Out of the 5 REK bombs dropped, 4 were recovered intact without having exploded. Only a nincompoop will say that was also done deliberately. 5 AMRAAMs were fired at Su-30MKIs, all missing.
Even if this 20 Su30 story is true,I would say PAF made a wise decision,no need to fight with the enemy when you are outnumbered,not forgetting mission was already complete by that time.

Who said 5 ReKs were dropped? Total 6 bombs were dropped over 4 locations and this 6 figure includes H4 as well so yes another false claim by you.

Oh and AMRAAMs..I wonder why did you guys found only 1 missile and that too an exploded one..wait that one hit the Mini Awacs..!

Meanwhile, on the night of Feb 26, nearly a dozen Mirage-2000s ingressed INTO Pakistani airspace unchallenged and dropped weapons. So, while I don't expect a Pakistani forum to have any context, the facts are that shooting down a single Bison doesn't prove much.
Hmm unchallenged..after being denied airspace violation all over South,one package managed to enter Kashmir just for a few seconds and you say unchallenged...Once DG ISPR said zra 25 minute reh k dekhaen ap hamari airspace me

Next time, be sure that the IAF won't be following RoEs that prevent it from firing BVRAAMs at PAF targets from across the border, the way the PAF did.
Next time make sure your Su30s carry a missile with enough range to counter our F-16s and your Mirages dont go Blind on Radars..

A war is not based on a single mission. Attrition will occur, several missions will fail and others will succeed. Only the force that has the depth, resources and the courage to sustain losses and continue will win a war. One battle alone doesn't matter. The real question would be how many days would PAF and IAF be able to sustain a full fledged war? It's clear which force has the greater resources at it's disposal, both of it's own as well as national resources.
This was not a war,this was a battle and the world knows who won .

Its also clear the force with greater resources couldn't do crap against a force much smaller.

One battle does matter if your front line fighter has to go defensive in its own airspace,your second best fighter goes blind,your army HQs get bombed and you shoot down your own chopper.. but it only matters if you are in your senses and not filled with pride of being the greatest power in South Asia.

Bit wrong boss.
Su-30 MKI..... 13 sqnds
Mig-29..........3 sqnds
Mirage 2000.....3 sqnds
Tejas.......1 sqnds
Rafale..... 1 sqnds
Jaguar..... 6 sqnds
Mig 21 Bison...5 sqnds
Mig 21 UM/Bis...1 sqnds (OCU)

thats,33,squadrons,

India,is supposed to be at 27 to 29 max primary reason being phased out mig21 and tejasdelays,.

so your 33 sqds,are not taking account of the bison phased,out programmes,running between 2019 and 2025

Block 52+ is possible if both parties are happy with payment details. Cant say about Block-72.

How much is the amount ?? Certainly less than a billion right ?

Why are they not paying it up if it adds significant increase in capabilities ?

thats,33,squadrons,

India,is supposed to be at 27 to 29 max primary reason being phased out mig21 and tejasdelays,.

so your 33 sqds,are not taking account of the bison phased,out programmes,running between 2019 and 2025

Of the 6/7 Bison units can you name one that has been phased out in the last 2 years please.

I'll wait.

Of the 6/7 Bison units can you name one that has been phased out in the last 2 years please.

what is your point yasser
the mig21 calling nos and withdrawn mig27 fighters left India short by 10 sqds,. something that is well.documentated for years now
6 bison and 4 mig27 sqds would have left just
13 mki
3 each of mirage and mig29 and 6 jaguar sqds ie 25 sqds,
we,try to address,this with 2 Rafale and 2 tejas mark 1 and 4 tejas mark1a now,confirmed
1 more mig29smt is pending for 21 fighters,
this is well.documemtated
our numbers,are falling
but capability is going thru the,roof due to much better Force multipliers,be it
Rafale,
s400
or aesa equipped Tejas

mig loses,numbers,but a fire power reach a d,mm
stand off detection and strike goes up double even triple

what is your point yasser
the mig21 calling nos and withdrawn mig27 fighters left India short by 10 sqds,. something that is well.documentated for years now
6 bison and 4 mig27 sqds would have left just
13 mki
3 each of mirage and mig29 and 6 jaguar sqds ie 25 sqds,
we,try to address,this with 2 Rafale and 2 tejas mark 1 and 4 tejas mark1a now,confirmed
1 more mig29smt is pending for 21 fighters,
this is well.documemtated
our numbers,are falling
but capability is going thru the,roof due to much better Force multipliers,be it
Rafale,
s400
or aesa equipped Tejas

mig loses,numbers,but a fire power reach a d,mm
stand off detection and strike goes up double even triple

Simple question, and I will ask again. Name me one Bison unit of the 6/7 units in service, that has been phased out in the last 2 years?

If it is "well documented" as you claim, you should have a link no? I cannot find a single one on a Google search.

You claim only 54 Bisons in service, so each squadrom much have only 9 planes?

You are a joke

Back
Top Bottom