What's new

PAF Air Refueling Capability

1984107.jpg

they are doing the job which armed can't lolz these birds don't need to be armed dear they are mid air re fuelers
Thank you Sir for your kind response. Sir plz explain is their any possibility to arm these birds if not then why?

Thank you Sir for your kind response. Sir plz explain is their any possibility to arm these birds if not then why?
my dear piyara pakistan these birds mean IL-78 soviet made heavy transport planes .we got 4 of them for mid air re-fueler role .but at same time we use them for transport too .and there is no need for arm them as there job is always inside pakistan at war time they will never cross the border.we cannot arm them because they move all over the world time to time for carry loads delivery dear.you can see PAF use them for transport from canada usa russia china germany turkey sri lanka and many other place there are images in this thread .we can not send a armed plane as easy as we send the transport .there is no any need for arm them there role is unarmed but strategic .they increase fighter time in air after they refuel them .

its there job refueling jets
PAF%20Air-to-air%20Refueling%20Tanker-391.jpg

and transport heavy loads
pakistan+air+force+paf+il-78MP+MRTT+mk+ps90+tanker+refueler.jpg

Yaar they are made to refuel aircraft how in the hell and why should they be armed ? lolz.

Innocent question.....but those aircrafts are not meant for that role.....they are too big and can be a easy target for fighter planes.

Yaar they are made to refuel aircraft how in the hell and why should they be armed ? lolz.
I was mixing Re-Arming mid air and Armed Craft for Refueling but the above mentioned Questiones was in my mind because of this->
Whereas aerial refueling increases the range of an aircraft almost indefinitely, bombers still must return to base for rearming as they are limited in the amount of weapons they carry. However, when the target is situated hundreds of miles away from a friendly base, precious time and resources are lost on flights to base for rearming. Furthermore, in some cases the political situation precludes the use of friendly military bases near the operating theater.

To resolve these problems, the Israeli company Far Technologies developed the Airborne Rearming System (ABRA; currently patent pending) in conjunction with the Israel Aircraft Industries (IAI) engineering group that conducted preliminary system design. The ABRA concept is similar in many respects to airborne refueling, with a number of notable modifications. Far Technologies' system comprises a rearming plane (a C-130, C-130c, C-17, or even a C-5) with an internal bomb storage area and loading device consisting of a large aft door with a modified remote-driven robotic arm (boom) equipped with a day-night camera as well as sensors, and, on the attack aircraft, a special smart pylon to receive the arms from the boom. Each C-130c would be able to carry a payload of up to sixteen 2,000 lb (907 kg) bombs (such as an MK-84), while larger aircraft would easily be able to rearm a full squadron of planes. (A C-17 could potentially carry up to seventy MK-84s and a C-5, around 100.)
http://www.tfot.info/content/view/81...80f2c96c1fd1b7

This is a surprising concept, surprising because no one has come up with it before. I like the idea, and trust the Israelis to come up with something novel and useful, my question is, how likely is this to work. The weight of the robotics would be big enough, let alone the munitions. Besides the obvious danger to both the crew flying the reloader and the Fighter, which is the same for air re-fuelers, would the risk be worth it?
Either way, kool idea

All the bold one i read in an other forum:undecided:

you always welcome dear piyara pakistan .he feel stress sometime never mind he is nice .

Mara bahi iam never feeling stressed and even if iam i never show it here lolz i didn't know he is new here i meant no harm you know that and thx for the kind comment about me being nice :)

Back
Top Bottom