What's new

PAF Advanced Attack Helicopters And Transport Helicopters

A.Rafay

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I wanted to discuss the Advanced Attack helicopters and transport helicopters that PAF And PA owns
I think Pakistan Really should look towards this more because these are essential tools in fighting Talibans and militants.

AH-1 Cobra
pakistan+army+aviation+corps+ah-1f+s+cobra+gunship+attack+missiles+wot+war+terror+fata+Baktar-Shikan+ATGM+tow+anti+tank+missile++%252813%2529.jpg

pakistan+army+aviation+corps+ah-1f+s+cobra+gunship+attack+missiles+wot+war+terror+fata+Baktar-Shikan+ATGM+tow+anti+tank+missile++%252815%2529.jpg
\
AH-1Cobra_003_PakistaniDefence_com_1_.jpg

The Bell AH-1 Cobra is a two-bladed, single engine attack helicopter Currently in service with PAF.Pakistan Acquired around 20 AH-1F gunships in 1983, these were later upgraded with the C-NITE thermal imaging package.Pakistan has several AH-1F and AH-1S Cobra attack helicopters.Pakistan seeks to replace its current AH-1 Cobras when the AH-1Z becomes available for export, probably in 2015.

I wanted to discuss the Advanced Attack helicopters and transport helicopters that PAF And PA owns
I think Pakistan Really should look towards this more because these are essential tools in fighting Talibans and militants.

AH-1 Cobra
pakistan+army+aviation+corps+ah-1f+s+cobra+gunship+attack+missiles+wot+war+terror+fata+Baktar-Shikan+ATGM+tow+anti+tank+missile++%252813%2529.jpg

pakistan+army+aviation+corps+ah-1f+s+cobra+gunship+attack+missiles+wot+war+terror+fata+Baktar-Shikan+ATGM+tow+anti+tank+missile++%252815%2529.jpg
\
AH-1Cobra_003_PakistaniDefence_com_1_.jpg

The Bell AH-1 Cobra is a two-bladed, single engine attack helicopter Currently in service with PAF.Pakistan Acquired around 20 AH-1F gunships in 1983, these were later upgraded with the C-NITE thermal imaging package.Pakistan has several AH-1F and AH-1S Cobra attack helicopters.Pakistan seeks to replace its current AH-1 Cobras when the AH-1Z becomes available for export, probably in 2015.
P.a does'nt have ADVANCED ATTACK HELICOPTERS ah1 cobra is not at all comparable to new gen attack helicopters like ah64d apache, mi28 nighthunter, lch and some others. :)

P.a does'nt have ADVANCED ATTACK HELICOPTERS ah1 cobra is not at all comparable to new gen attack helicopters like ah64d apache, mi28 nighthunter, lch and some others. :)

LCH is in service?

LCH is in service?
Nope.....in prototype stage..

I think that was his reason to post the thread....and he is probably asking for possible options Pakistan Army and AF should consider...

LCH is in service?

not yet but still.. It 'll enter service soon, no problem with the programe. Little slow but steady. Lch with helina will be comparable to any other new gen helicopters for sure. :)

I think that was his reason to post the thread....and he is probably asking for possible options Pakistan Army and AF should consider...

wz10 would be best for paf.. Or super cobra.!

LCH is still a ongoing program but going is better than LCA so we hope its induction soon. I think Pakistan may go for Turkish T-129 its serial production has already been started but the selection between WZ10 & T129 will depend on credit line, tech transfer is not an issue with both the countries .

wz10 would be best for paf.. Or super cobra.!
WZ10...will be the best....as there are other issues one has to consider when purchasing these weapons, and China is very trusted partner of Pakistan....same can't be said about US and Turkey...as latter can be forced not to provide spares etc.

i think TAI 129 Will be alot better then Z10....Only problem with it is Turkey need U.S approval for it as TAI 129 is American Engine......

@ A.Rafay

dude, try to post something new. There are lot of threads over that. Pakistan is now looking for other new and economical way outs.

i think TAI 129 Will be alot better then Z10....Only problem with it is Turkey need U.S approval for it as TAI 129 is American Engine......

I really do not think that engine issue will be hindrance in exporting TAI T 129 to any country. America again started getting Turkish big ticket defense deals and Turks are having other way out if problem arises.

Exactly PAF Or PA dont own any AAH but they should consider buying them or look for Advanced Attackers from somewhere to make army and PAF Stronger, They will come in handy in fighting militants and could replace the ageing cobras which are not advanced, Maybe Pakistan should look in chinas inventory, if they have any. BTW which is the most favorable option for PAF AHH? Apache or else?

At this moment in time the chinese and turkish options are the only viable options.
The TAI 129 is probably more mature as a program and is ready for serial production. Not enough is known about the Z 10 outside china, though l do believe the pakistani elite will have inside info about the project.
I would like to see a combo of both.
But then it all comes down to finances.

Other than Chinese or Turkish, I think we should consider Russian attack helicopters too. At least they will be free from threat of sanctions.

Why cant PAF buy These Apache Helicopters from USA As they will fight in WOT and secure our borders from taliban terrorists
Apache_DOS.jpg

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom