What's new

‘Padma’ latest Bangladesh Navy warship

Ships looks very interesting. Is this one of them that were being built in Khulna with Chinese assistance. Congrats to BD. I am sure in future Bangladesh will built better modern ships. Its definitely a good start.

Even Hillary Clinton, during her recent visit to Bangladesh, praised the efforts we are giving to build our nation. She precisely said, "Some countries never give a try, some give up on the way, but, Bangladesh is not giving up. It is even building warships by itself." So, what our north Indian twin cousins are saying has no effects on our goals.

There was a time when we started our textile production in tiny makeshift dark shops with a few broken sewing machines which now has mushroomed to such a scale that it has overshadowed the production bases of our bickering twin cousins' in the north and west. We have surpassed both of them.

Similarly, we have surpassed these ugly twins in building commercilal ships for european countries these twins can only dream of. Today, it is fast attack guncraft, tomorrow, it will certainly be corvettes and frigates. And, who can tell about the day after tomorrow? We may even build aircraft carriers provided our economy can afford it. Our naval architects are superior than the brainless vegies and sheepies.

So let's compare BD's latest PAtrol Ship with India's latest Patrol Ship:

INS Saryu:

Naval Offshore Patrol Vessel
Displacement: 2300[1] ton
Length: 105 metres (344 ft)
Beam: 12.9 metres (42 ft)
Draught: 3.6 metres (12 ft)
Propulsion: 2 x 7790 kW engines
Speed: 25 knots (46 km/h)
Range: 6,000 nautical miles (11,000 km) at 16 knots (30 km/h)
Complement: 8 Officers and 102 Sailors
Armament: 1 x 76 mm Oto melara gun with FCS
2 x 30 mm CIWS
SA-18 MANPAD's
Mines of Various types
Aircraft carried: 1x HAL Dhruv or 1x HAL Chetak

BNS Padma:

The Tk 580 million warship is 50 metres in length and 7.5 metres in width. Navy says it can travel up to 44 kilometres per hour.

‘Padma’ has four 37mm and two 20mm canons capable to aim at targets both on land and in air. It can also plant mines in river and the sea to hinder enemy entry.

another idiot here comparing 600 ton boat with over 2000 ton boat. Someone kill me!

INS Saryu:

2 x 30 mm CIWS
SA-18 MANPAD's
Mines of Various types

BNS Padma:

The Tk 580 million warship is 50 metres in length and 7.5 metres in width. Navy says it can travel up to 44 kilometres per hour.

‘Padma’ has four 37mm and two 20mm canons capable to aim at targets both on land and in air. It can also plant mines in river and the sea to hinder enemy entry.

Yes you need huge ships to patrol your huge border and we need small ships to patrol our small one. Lack of common sense is becoming a trait in these trolls :rolleyes:

INS Saryu:

2 x 30 mm CIWS
SA-18 MANPAD's
Mines of Various types

BNS Padma:

Do you see any bulbous bow on the ship? Clearly BNS padma was made to patrol the inshore and coastal areas.

However, INS saryu was made to patrol the deep seas.

Each ship was tailored for the needs of each country. Comparing them makes no sense

@Some Indians,

You need to leave some Bangladeshis alone.

It is this kind of arrogant nature that will just keep pushing Bengladeshi masses further and further away from us.

@Topic,

Congratulations Bangladesh. Big success stories start with a small idea :)

BNS Padma

424450_522505867790400_44657398_n.jpg

Inside of BNS Padma

379706_279537758840938_1857014450_n.jpg

BNS Padma

424450_522505867790400_44657398_n.jpg

Inside of BNS Padma

379706_279537758840938_1857014450_n.jpg

What a beautiful ship this Padma is!! This shows the real image of this vessel. But, I do not like that lady PM sitting in the pilot's cabin with cap on her head. It is an ugly site.

As I thought,this ship was built by Chinese and is Bangladeshi in name only.
You can see 2 chinese in the above pic.

It is built with chinese assistance. Weapons and tech was provided by the chinese, ksy built the ship.

Anyway, we built our first "warships"(patrol boats) all by ourselves (Pabna class patrol boat) a long time ago. They currently serve our coast guards.

As I thought,this ship was built by Chinese and is Bangladeshi in name only. You can see 2 chinese in the above pic.

Big baby, do you know the expression, "Juta Abiskar" or invention of shoes? So, after such a long time you have finally come to know that the Chinese are in this FAC project in Khulna. Note, it is not a China-built ship, but, it and other four FACs are being built by BD with Chinese technical collaboration.

However, BD is quite capable to build 30,000 ton ships by itself without any collaboration from others. But, warships are different because these are fitted with guns and misssiles. Note another thing. China wants our cooperation to break India's neck.

7 pages for a simple patrol boat with brainless Indians trolling. And can anybody tell me how the hell is this an warship albeit its a decent achievement. If this is causing this much agony among Indians, I wonder what these lunneys would do if Inshallah we make an Indigenous frigate in the future.

You people are wicked. At least they built a ship. Now let them sail it and leave them alone

That is a Patrol Boat. And considering the Delta riverine topography all over Bangla Desh, I see it as an adequate design to perform its tasks. There is certainly no need to equip it with any missiles. The gun armament is good enough for its role.

Congratulations, BD Navy on the new induction! :tup:

p.s. if the guns do not work, then Rabindra Sangeet can be considered.

i think khulna shipyard should from some Co-operation with "garden reach shipbuilders & engineers" (GRSE) kolkata as this,being the the oldest shipyard in India,has tonnes of experience in indegenously desigining and building heavier ships like the destroyers,frigates etc..this will help khulna shipyard to indegenously design and develop the future ships of BN,which,i guess,would be heaviour,stealthier,and incorporated with missiles and other accessories

i think khulna shipyard should from some Co-operation with "garden reach shipbuilders & engineers" (GRSE) kolkata as this,being the the oldest shipyard in India,has tonnes of experience in indegenously desigining and building heavier ships like the destroyers,frigates etc..this will help khulna shipyard to indegenously design and develop the future ships of BN,which,i guess,would be heaviour,stealthier,and incorporated with missiles and other accessories

Mate khulna shipyard has its limits. It is build alongside a river(rupsha), it will be difficult to build heavy ships like destroyers or frigates. By current standards the most it can build is a light frigate or corvettes

Anyway, the navy said they will be discussing with the chinese to build OPVs in khulna shipyard after this project finishes.

Back
Top Bottom