What's new

Padma division with Faridpur as headquarter soon

EastBengalPro

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
The country will get a new division named ‘Padma division’ with Faridpur as headquarter.

This was disclosed by Local Government, Rural Development and Cooperatives Minister Khandker Mosharraf Hossain Saturday in Faridpur.

Addressing a grand rally at new Bus Terminal of the town the LGRD minister said, "Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has wished to make Padma division and the 'Divisional Headquarter' will be set up in Faridpur which will be fulfilled very soon."

The programme was organized by Faridpur district Motor Workers' Union (1055) on the occasion of cheque disbursement among the relatives of deceased bus drivers and workers, accoeding to a report by BSS.

The minister urged the people to strengthen the hands of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina as well as Awami League to get a new look of Faridpur city"

He said, " Faridpur will be the finest city for habitation, business and trade as part of the development work of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina. Extending the area Faridpur Pourashava will be turned as Faridpur City Corporation as early as possible."

The minister advised the bus drivers and workers to drive the vehicle with a sound body and mind and not to drive recklessly in drunken or unwell condition.

http://www.thefinancialexpress-bd.c...ma-division-with-Faridpur-as-headquarter-soon

Its probably a good idea. A lot of major cities are under Dhaka division. Its better to make a few more division. I thought Maymensingh would be the next division after Rangpur. Anyway which districts would be under Padma division?

Its probably a good idea. A lot of major cities are under Dhaka division. Its better to make a few more division. I thought Maymensingh would be the next division after Rangpur. Anyway which districts would be under Padma division?

Mymensingh is already a division. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mymensingh_Division

Proposed Padma division will probably include Faridpur, Gopalganj, Madaripur, Rajbari and Shariatpur Districts of Dhaka Division.

Mymensingh is already a division. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mymensingh_Division

Proposed Padma division will probably include Faridpur, Gopalganj, Madaripur, Rajbari and Shariatpur Districts of Dhaka Division.
I am not sure, but Faridpur people say Magura and Narail will be added to the new division. However, sometime last year the people of Magura have protested against this inclusion, only because to them people of Faridpur are rough with Char culture and their Bangla is not as polished as the Magura dialect is. However, to the Magura people Faridpur town is nearer than Jessore town and very convenient through Jessore Road.

I am not sure, but Faridpur people say Magura and Narail will be added to the new division. However, sometime last year the people of Magura have protested against this inclusion, only because to them people of Faridpur are rough with Char culture and their Bangla is not as polished as the Magura dialect is. However, to the Magura people Faridpur town is nearer than Jessore town and very convenient through Jessore Road.
Local dialect of grater Jessore and Kushtia(Part of pre partition Nadia district) region is what we understand as the standard Bengali language today.Many people have wrong idea that the standard Bengali is something like an artificial language created by the Kolkata based Hindu intellectual class,so it is a west Bengal language and not part of Bangladeshi identity.Many Kolkata dadababu try to taunt us by this narrative. In 18th and 19th century,Kolkata based writer many of whom were from Jessore+Kushtia region used their beautiful dialect to write literature which was accepted as the standard form by all other writers.So, standard Bengali language is as much part of East Bengal/Bangladesh as much the region of Jessore and Kushtia itself.

In 18th and 19th century,Kolkata based writer many of whom were from Jessore+Kushtia region used their beautiful dialect to write literature which was accepted as the standard form by all other writers.So, standard Bengali language is as much part of East Bengal/Bangladesh as much the region of Jessore and Kushtia itself.
Yes, novelists like Rabindranath Thakur, Michael Modhsudan Dutta and Meer Mosharref Hossain were all based in Kushtia-Jessor. However, most of BD people speak in their own dialects except the girls try to speak in the standard one. To the Magura people, I would like to say that you should be happy, because at least, you will not be with Comilla and Noakhali where people have that horrible accent. Am I racist? Actually, it is not fun to hear that accent.

Yes, novelists like Rabindranath Thakur, Michael Modhsudan Dutta and Meer Mosharref Hossain were all based in Kushtia-Jessor. However, most of BD people speak in their own dialects except the girls try to speak in the standard one. To the Magura people, I would like to say that you should be happy, because at least, you will not be with Comilla and Noakhali where people have that horrible accent. Am I racist? Actually, it is not fun to hear that accent.
I find most horrible are the Chittagong dialect then Noakhali then Sylheti.Comilla dialect is not that bad.

Jaar jaar pona,taar taar shona.Same with dialect.I didn't mean any offense.I find them just funny.Are you originally from Chittagong?
I wasn't serious either. Well yeah I went through my primary schooling in Chittagong. Then came to Dhaka.

I find most horrible are the Chittagong dialect then Noakhali then Sylheti.Comilla dialect is not that bad.
To me, Chittagong dialect is difficult to understand, but it does not pain the ears. Others have hoarse intonations and accents that are painful.

Last edited:
No Sylheti gives a flying fak... :P
In a neutral mind, would you like to compare the Sylheti dialect with that of Nadia/Kushtia? When Sylheti dialect is liked by only the locals, Kushtia one is liked by all, and people try to emulate it in their daily conversation because it is the standard and beautiful one.

In a neutral mind, would you like to compare the Sylheti dialect with that of Nadia/Kushtia? When Sylheti dialect is liked by only the locals, Kushtia one is liked by all, and people try to emulate it in their daily conversation because it is the standard and beautiful one.
NO we Sylheti don't like to compare our dialect and ourselve with others. We like to think ourselve different then others.

If you have real life experience then you should know that...

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom