What's new

Padma division with Faridpur as headquarter soon

NO we Sylheti don't like to compare our dialect and ourselves with others. We like to think ourselves different then others.

If you have real life experience then you should know that...
What is the base of this feeling different from others? Any reason related to history or what ?

What is the base of this feeling different from others? Any reason related to history or what ?
Seniors like @Al-zakir bhai can explain if it has any historical base. But, I think it is about wealth and for many reasons Sylhetis has lack of trust on non-Sylhetis!

IMO the newly planned Padma division's districts should be distributed between Khulna and Barisal. Barisal will be little bit bigger. And other districts of that division are much close to south west people. Dont like the idea of that small division with less people. And Faridpur as a district headquarter wont serve properly to the people. Unless a planned city area is created somewhere there. SHW cant openly just say, she needs one division to herself and the headquarter is Gopalganj, hence its Faridpur.

দাবি কিন্তু একটাই, নোয়াখালী বিভাগ চাই। :D

Seniors like @Al-zakir bhai can explain if it has any historical base. But, I think it is about wealth and for many reasons Sylhetis has lack of trust on non-Sylhetis!
It means xenophobia, which is not a good characteristic. Japanese have so many good traits, but they are xenophobic towards other nationalities. However, Sylheti mentality may be a little ghetto type that may have arisen out of their superiority (or inferiority?) complex of first large group of people going to London.

However, Sylheti mentality may be a little ghetto type that may have arisen out of their superiority (or inferiority?) complex of first large group of people going to London.
Going aboard has nothing to do with it. Unlike others we don't show off our wealth. We are down to earth people as long as we aren't pissed.

And why we would have any kind of inferiority complex? Maximum of us are wealthy, successful and good looking!!!

দাবি কিন্তু একটাই, নোয়াখালী বিভাগ চাই। :D
Why Noakhali? I think we can make two divisions out of Chittagong. Well a separate division with Bandarban, Rangamati, Khagrachori, Coxs bazar wiith one or two more districts with Coxs bazar being the capital.

Wealthy, successful is ok. But, why it is that you guys are better looking than others? What is the base of this claim?
Hint: Wealth and success brings you good looking spouse(s). :P

Why Noakhali? I think we can make two divisions out of Chittagong. Well a separate division with Bandarban, Rangamati, Khagrachori, Coxs bazar wiith one or two more districts with Coxs bazar being the capital.

No separate United States of Noakhali..

Comilla,Noakhali,Feni,Lakshmipur,Chandpur,B Baria comes under Greater Comilla Division :yahoo:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comilla_Division
এ কেমন বিচার...:fie:

I am not sure, but Faridpur people say Magura and Narail will be added to the new division. However, sometime last year the people of Magura have protested against this inclusion, only because to them people of Faridpur are rough with Char culture and their Bangla is not as polished as the Magura dialect is. However, to the Magura people Faridpur town is nearer than Jessore town and very convenient through Jessore Road.
No offense but judging by my moms son of family, relevant people and people of their village.... faridpur people are backstabbing dickheads with unpleasant bangla.

Let's all agree noakhali dialect is shit... its not bangla.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom