What's new

Oxford Debate: Partition of India.

Sir @django bhai, I just watch 1.5 parts, I may watch the rest later when I get time..But personally I don't find it interesting to debate something that happened 70+ years ago and there is no chance of it getting reversed in near future...All we should debate is how to resolve the issues and live peacefully.

I did not watch the videos yet.

But I will say that partition was the only solution to the communal problem.

Muslims were about to become minorities in their own lands, and by partitioning the land it ensured that Muslims would remain a majority in their own lands.

Partition was the right thing to do.

For debate sake, the topic should always be partition of "British Raj India", a colonial entity from which both Pakistan and the country which now call itself India came from. Otherwise the impression goes out as if Pakistan came from present day India, which of course is utter nonsense.

lol why is Sabriyah Saeed wearing a Sari? Is she an Indian? LOL.

Pakistanis do not wear Saris.

For debate sake, the topic should always be partition of "British Raj India", a colonial entity from which both Pakistan and the country which now call itself India came from. Otherwise the impression goes out as if Pakistan came from present day India, which of course is utter nonsense.
Agreed with you. Pakistan gots its independence from Britain, not from India.

I do not know why the Sabriyah Saeed is wearing a Sari lol? How bloody stupid can a person get.

She should have worn a Kameez Shalwar. Saris is the dress of Indians.

Saris should be banned in Pakistan.

For some people of Karachi it is their ancestral dress. Plus I believe some women serving in PA also wear sari as part of their uniform.

Partition was the best thing happened to Indian sub-continent otherwise we would be another Syria or Iraq.

Brits or no brits, partition would have happened. It would have been even more bloody.

For some people of Karachi it is their ancestral dress. Plus I believe some women serving in PA also wear sari as part of their uniform.
Well I believe it is wrong. LOL! We are not Indians. We have nothing to do with Indians.

If I had my way with Pakistan, I would ban Saris, and make Shalwar Kameez the mandatory dress for men and women.

Enough of this "Indian culture."

Well I believe it is wrong. LOL! We are not Indians. We have nothing to do with Indians.

If I had my way with Pakistan, I would ban Saris, and make Shalwar Kameez the mandatory dress for men and women.

Of course Pakistan culture is at par with Scandinavian countries where both men and women wear skirts.

We should ban anything Indian. We are Pakistanis and not Indians.

Back
Top Bottom