What's new

Oxford Debate: Partition of India.

Of course Pakistan culture is at par with Scandinavian countries where both men and women wear skirts.
Very funny. I never said Pakistan was on par with Scandinavian countries. But we certainly are not Indians.

The debate is tolerable - just. But the comments of PDF members are truly Godawful. Thank Heavens none of them had a voice in this.
Well we can raise our voices in Pakistan and in this forum.

We have nothing to do with your Indian ilk.

Thanks God for partition.

Otherwise we should have been dominated by the Hindus.

Can someone please tell me what is the point about talking about an event that happened 71 years ago that can NEVER EVER be reversed? Every other nation will cease to exist before Pakistan does. The ONLY way Pakistan would cease to exist is if the ENTIRE earth was destroyed.

Talking about the reasons of partition is as useless as talking about why Argentina, Brazil, Germany, Italy & Iran are not a part of Syria. Absolutely ridiculous and pointless.

Well I believe it is wrong. LOL! We are not Indians. We have nothing to do with Indians.

If I had my way with Pakistan, I would ban Saris, and make Shalwar Kameez the mandatory dress for men and women.

Enough of this "Indian culture."
Ironic you have Jinnah's pic there as your DP in a Western suit and the fact that both his wife and his sister predominantly wore sarees.

Sir @django bhai, I just watch 1.5 parts, I may watch the rest later when I get time..But personally I don't find it interesting to debate something that happened 70+ years ago and there is no chance of it getting reversed in near future...All we should debate is how to resolve the issues and live peacefully.
Understood as one of the speakers stated what if the US civil war never happened , what if the two world wars didn't etc.Kudos bro

I did not watch the videos yet.

But I will say that partition was the only solution to the communal problem.

Muslims were about to become minorities in their own lands, and by partitioning the land it ensured that Muslims would remain a majority in their own lands.

Partition was the right thing to do.
Naturally

Partition was the best thing happened to Indian sub-continent otherwise we would be another Syria or Iraq.

Brits or no brits, partition would have happened. It would have been even more bloody.
Agreed.

Can someone please tell me what is the point about talking about an event that happened 71 years ago that can NEVER EVER be reversed? Every other nation will cease to exist before Pakistan does. The ONLY way Pakistan would cease to exist is if the ENTIRE earth was destroyed.

Talking about the reasons of partition is as useless as talking about why Argentina, Brazil, Germany, Italy & Iran are not a part of Syria. Absolutely ridiculous and pointless.

The reason is very simple. Pakistan has left an incredibly deep psychological scar to the Western world and particularly India. I say the Western world in hindsight. Especially considering Pakistan's souring relationship with the West after the end of the Cold War. The answers to your questions are mostly hidden in the debate. Listen carefully to the words and try understanding the rationale.

The regret is deep. It is painful. You can also sense it during the debate. When some Indians claim that the partition was a good thing they are obviously lying. Deep down this is an injury they will never recover from. No nation can claim that losing territory is good. Indians will be mourning for generations to come. It is natural. All nations that lost territory mourn this part of history.

Do notice how almost every panelist is an Indian. Only the Indian narrative has been propagated during this debate. That is on both sides for and against the motion. This is obviously not a fair nor balanced debate. It doesn't take into account the Pakistani perspective.

One side interestingly argues that the Brits had an evil design to partition India in order to control the newly formed state and to prevent the former USSR from reaching warm waters i.e. Arabian Sea.

Whatever the case, we don't realize how lucky we are to have a separate nation. This is truly nothing short of a miracle.

Last edited:
Ironic you have Jinnah's pic there as your DP in a Western suit and the fact that both his wife and his sister predominantly wore sarees.
Fatima Jinnah wore a Gharara most of the time in Pakistan.

Where did you get that Jinnah's sisters wore saris. lol. Where did you get this from.
This is completely new to me. LOL.

Understood as one of the speakers stated what if the US civil war never happened , what if the two world wars didn't etc.Kudos bro

Naturally

Agreed.

Yet, the speaker you are referring to stood there and opposed the partition. He went in detail to explain why the partition was unavoidable yet regrettable. The word regret reveals everything in this debate.

Saris should be banned in Pakistan.
Agreed 100%. If I was in power I would even allow mini skirts but the sari would 'verboten' at point of death. Sari is Ganga central.

I swear you should have been on the panel
I would have torn extra excretion ducts in these guys if I was there. I must say and yes I brag that not many can stand in my way of verbal reasoning and articulation. Of late age is catching so slowing down but my son is taking over where I was.

More later. Chilling by listening to some music and musing over my next big project. Need more money. Loads of more money. Maybe a bank heist?

Agreed 100%. If I was in power I would even allow mini skirts but the sari would 'verboten' at point of death. Sari is Ganga central.

I would have torn extra excretion ducts in these guys if I was there. I must say and yes I brag that not many can stand in my way of verbal reasoning and articulation. Of late age is catching so slowing down but my son is taking over where I was.

More later. Chilling by listening to some music and musing over my next big project. Need more money. Loads of more money. Maybe a bank heist?
Why would you allow miniskirts. miniskirts are Haraam.

Miniskirts and Sari should banned in Pakistan.

Maybe a bank heist?
Try politics. Same thing, but the profit is significantly better and you don't have to move around as much.

Why would you allow miniskirts. miniskirts are Haraam.

Miniskirts and Sari should banned in Pakistan.
Every one should accommodate 1 haram thing to maintain sanity.

Try politics. Same thing, but the profit is significantly better and you don't have to move around as much.

Every one should accommodate 1 haram thing to maintain sanity.
nice try. Miniskirts and Saris should be banned in Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom