What's new

Over Rs 834 crore spent on Sukhoi maintenance

bipi@342

Reaction score
Country
India
New Delhi, Dec 9 (PTI) A sum of Rs 834.76 crore was spent in 2013-14 for the repair and maintenance of country's frontline fighter aircraft Sukhoi-30, government informed the Rajya Sabha today.

Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar said Rs 877.84 crore was spent for the purpose in 2012-13, while in 2011-12 the amount stood at 551.35 crore

fullstory

any one know maintenance cost western aircrafts,or IAF mirage.

Its bigger than al-31fp and may not fit:mad:
Well then a customised version based on AL-41S should be ordered by the IAF which will perfectly fit into the Su-20 MKI.Btw is the present Su-35S a bit bigger in size compared to our Su-30 MKI:undecided:??

Well then a customised version based on AL-41S should be ordered by the IAF which will perfectly fit into the Su-20 MKI.Btw is the present Su-35S a bit bigger in size compared to our Su-30 MKI:undecided:??

Yes some difference is here in fan diameter,,maybe small but its there.

Correct me if I yam wrong >
834 crore equals some $135 millions.
135 millions over an estimated fleet of 200 jets equals some $700,000 per jet
Assuming 150 hrs per jet, we get less than $5000 per flight hour ~ less than Gripen NG let alone Rafale.

So will the mighty experts
@sancho @Abingdonboy @DrSomnath999 and others please help me know just WTF is up with MMRCA. Why we buying Rafale for some $15 Bn (that too when he is ranked only 3rd in ATP rankings:P)

Assuming 150 hrs per jet, we get less than $5000 per flight hour ~ less than Gripen NG let alone Rafale.

@sancho @Abingdonboy @DrSomnath999 and others please help me know just WTF is up with MMRCA. Why we buying Rafale for some $15 Bn (that too when he is ranked only 3rd in ATP rankings:P)

we don t know the variables that we are comparing!

Engines are too bad with 1500 hours life and no fadec.
We need newer engines.

No its just 1.5 hours, IAF also have mid-air engine changing facility :crazy:
Stop claiming garbage figures if you have no knowledge about the subject.

Su-30MKI uses Saturn AL-31FP (ultimate service life of 2000 hrs). Its an improvement over AL-31F (ultimate life of 1500 hrs), AL-117S is further improved version of AL-31FP whose ultimate life is 4000 hrs.

NPO "SATURN" > 117S

I'm sure the price hike is mostly due to depreciation in rupee.

No its just 1.5 hours, IAF also have mid-air engine changing facility :crazy:
Stop claiming garbage figures if you have no knowledge about the subject.

Su-30MKI uses Saturn AL-31FP (ultimate service life of 2000 hrs). Its an improvement over AL-31F (ultimate life of 1500 hrs), AL-117S is further improved version of AL-31FP whose ultimate life is 4000 hrs.

NPO "SATURN" > 117S

yeah great diff between 1500 and 2000 genius:chilli::chilli:.
Both al-31f and fp are shit engines.Period.

Let's understand the basics first, for normal flight hour also known as CPFH these are the various parameters which you need to consider:
– Aviation Fuel
– Consumable Supplies
– Operation and Maintenance
– Unit Level Manpower
– System Improvements
– Capital Charges
– Depreciation
– Amortisation
Have you included all of the above parameters?
The figure quoted in Lok Sabha is just for maintenance only.

Rafale bests mki in eveything except range.Thats why.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom