What's new

Over 80 killed in China train mishap

IceCold

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Updated at: 1258 PST, Monday, April 28, 2008
BEIJING: A high-speed passenger train jumped the tracks andslammed into another train in eastern China on Monday, killing at least 80 people and injuring more than 200, a state news agency reported.

Seventy people were in critical condition after the pre-dawn crash in a rural area in Shandong province,

The accident just before the May Day long weekend holiday happened when a train traveling from Beijing to the coastal city of Qingdao derailed and hit a second passenger train at about 4:40a.m., local news agency reported. About 10 of the first train's carriages toppled into a dirt ditch.

The second train, traveling from Yantai to Xuzhou, also derailed, although it did not fall into the ditch.

Dozens of victims were being treated at the Zou village hospital, though most were not serious cases.

President Hu Jintao and Premier Wen Jiabao were monitoring the situation, Chinese television reported.

Vice Premier Zhang Dejiang and Railways Minister Liu Zhijun were headed to the site to oversee rescue efforts.

This is very sad. May the dead ones rest in peace and god bless their soul. Ameen:(

R.I.P. My sincere condolences to chinese friends. :cry:

thanks man, it's real troubled times for China.

btw, the preliminary investigation shows that the crash was due to the overspeed of T195 (BJ-QD), fortunately not the D-train (high speed).

May i offer my condolences as well? May the dead R.I.P.

Back
Top Bottom