What's new

Outer dome installs on Hualong One reactor in Karachi

Way better..better than Japanese reactors
really?

The interesting thing about that series is the level of effort their govt. took to clean up afterwards. If you read the wikipedia entry on the subject you will learn that they spent massive sums on it. In fact Ukraine is still paying for it. It makes up 5-7% of their budget even now. If we had a disaster like this in Pakistan I can guarantee that our govt. won't care. They will cover it up and kill a lot of people. After all they let terrorists run free for years and only took action when the elite's interests were threatened with the attack on khi airport.

No, Not in these times especially after chernobyl. I know that stringent guidelines now exist globally in the aftermath. Problem with soviets was the system worked against them. You have tossers who are incharge who don't know s#it but get to make and dictate policy because they have seniority in the communist party. Pakistan with all its fault is not that naive especially when the west and its agent india are always looking to demonoise Pakistan.

It's located near the sea. I hope there are no tsunamis. I've heard Karachi lies on a seismic faultline and may one day be hit by an earthquake.

really?

No, Not in these times especially after chernobyl. I know that stringent guidelines now exist globally in the aftermath. Problem with soviets was the system worked against them. You have tossers who are incharge who don't know s#it but get to make and dictate policy because they have seniority in the communist party. Pakistan with all its fault is not that naive especially when the west and its agent india are always looking to demonoise Pakistan.
they are generation ahead..i short if Fukushima situation is repeated these will not melt
they are considered gen3/gen2+ reactors
china is even testing gen4 reactors with pelt fuel(i.e the fuel will not be radioactive once used as they will be pelts engulfed in ceramic

reality is nuclear is the only current technology that is clean enough...unless revolution in battery system happens..lithium batteries are too toxic and problematic

I was watching the HBO mini series Chernobyl, I hope the outer structure is strong enough.
bhai after watching Chernobyl i am really scared of knupp knowing our safety standards and record!

they are generation ahead..i short if Fukushima situation is repeated these will not melt
they are considered gen3/gen2+ reactors
china is even testing gen4 reactors with pelt fuel(i.e the fuel will not be radioactive once used as they will be pelts engulfed in ceramic

reality is nuclear is the only current technology that is clean enough...unless revolution in battery system happens..lithium batteries are too toxic and problematic
China has developed Molten Salt Reactors which are safer than fission reactors!

bhai after watching Chernobyl i am really scared of knupp knowing our safety standards and record!
I highly doubt that in the realm of nuclear we are so naive.

Pakistans nuclear safety is world recognised

they are so underrated and do a amazing job

Then we need a plant in Punjab specially in the Lahore, Faisalabad, Gujranwala regions.... will get rid of paindu khota khors. Two in one benefit.
Rest of population would die due to radiation,famine and radiation poisoning.Karachi with no underground water would suffer a slow painful death due to famine and poisoned waters of Indus.

i hope we are not but have you been to that area the roads leading to nuclear plant is fked up its torture to get there and if god forbid there is any accident then i dont think emergency services can get there in time!

still experimental..
this is the latest chinese reactor

Rest of population would die due to radiation,famine and radiation poisoning.Karachi with no underground water would suffer a slow painful death due to famine and poisoned waters of Indus.
more radiation is leaked into air by burning coal in surrounding Punjab..coal is burned in millions of tones and therefore added together has more radioactive material

Back
Top Bottom