What's new

Ousted Prime Minister Imran Khan Arrested: News and Discussion

Is Martial Law/Emergency a real possibility after IK arrest?

• Yes

Votes: 145 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 83 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As for Saeed Afridi, his earlier reports about Bajwa meeting US counterparts, in trying to get them onboard in imposing an emergency, martial law here and putting IK out of equation, rather eliminating him was true, US declined and Bajwa came back unsuccessful.

So this news about interior minister, Rana goon, and defence ministry with khawaja Asif blamed, with IB doing the actual planning and execution looks true.

But how such classified report presented to COAS got leaked.

Military would love if all the tirade and blame is directed towards the PMLN, to save their skin, as they were under huge unprecedented pressure, with ridicule and hatred from Awam.

So the news of report presented looks to be true, but the finding looks concocted.

MI was involved in the instigation and burning.

Last edited:
Smart move by IK to go to the hearing tomorrow.

My personal guess is that he has seen what jail is like, and that he was treated like a VIP (after the arrest at least). So it ain't that bad except no communication with anyone. So he wants to go to jail now.

1- If govt arrests him tomorrow, then he gets to show the world what the govt is doing, protestes might happen, he scores brownie points.

2- If govt does not arrest him, PR disaster for govt. Everyone will think it backed off and is now scared of PTI/IK and the public reaction.
Here is where IK was wrong, he could have just gone quietly before, and the workers may have been spared. He would have been out from SC any way! Had he been in jail, imagine the moral position PTI would be in. Even now PTI is in a better moral position, but politically they shouldn’t have given any excuse to the ones in power.

View attachment 931126
Jab raat ziada andheri ho jati hai, samjho din charhnay wala hai.
Any news on this front? Why aren’t court orders being implemented so far - why aren’t courts starting to hold the officials in contempt?

Unless there is no repercussion for the cop doing this, these sort of tactics will continue.

Dock the cop his pay for a month, or as many days the person was in wrongful detention.

I don't think the 9 May incident was a false flag, there certainly were PTI elements. But I do not for one second doubt that there were spoilers in between too.

No way a crowd can get past every naka and post and get into the Corps Commander house. Zero. Also from what I have heard from almost the horse's mouth, things are very murky. There's a reason the guy got replaced.

If it actually was 'ham nay khud socha keh ham relatiate nhn karain gay so as not to drive a wedge between the people and army, and we let those people get into the CC house', then the CC wouldn't have been replaced.
@PanzerKiel can you shed some light on the situation?

Being realistic is something but then we have to be full realistic !

With the statut quo we have since decades have left us on the side road of the development despite having all the ressources required.

I abroad since my childhood, had to follow my parents, my dad went abroad first for rozi, no job in Pakistan, same as my father in law, same as my uncles, mamoons etc.. and I guess that it’s the same for all overseas.
Had our Pakistan being truly on the path of development, do you think tat so many people would have settled outside ?

Today if USA says we give 223 millions green cards, we will have 223 millions applications from Pakistan!

Why ? Do you think all elders who are living abroad are happy ? They miss wind of Pakistan, they miss sun of Pakistan, they miss many many desi things… but have to come back here, because when you almost all of your life in a “rule of law” country it is impossible to return where rishwat, corruption is like a National Game, where there is a lack of many facilities etc ( yes I know the hard time make strong men, strong men make… weak men”)… the status of immigrants is not at home abroad, not at home anymore in own country.

at least don’t destroy it for the future generations. Give them hope, give them real developed environment. An environment where they can fully express their skills
, talentsetc
Sorry my English is not very good and it’s soon fajr time so really sorry if I didn’t write in proper English.
Your post reminded me of my late father and his dream to just return to Pakistan, and ride on his motorcycle with his friends like he use to in his youth. He wanted to give back the Knowledge he had acquired from his work experiences in the US, but alas it was not to be. Many Overseas Pakistanis barely get a few weeks every few years to visit, as many of us scrap by for a long time before we achieve stability and then prosperity, but Pakistan lives in our thoughts and our hearts like a mother. We don’t see her as she is but in an idealized and simple way. Perhaps this is why IK appeals to overseas Pakistanis. He is like a Mamu, caring for our mother while we are away and sending back money to support her, so she can support herself and keep the family home intact, so that our children maybe able to visit her one day, keeping our family together through the generations.

Last edited:
Your post reminded me of my late father and his dream to just return to Pakistan, and ride on his motorcycle with his friends like he use to in his youth. He wanted to give back the Knowledge he had acquired from his work experiences in the US, but alas it was not to be. Many Overseas Pakistanis barely get a few weeks every few years to visit, as many of us scrap by for a long time before we achieve stability and then prosperity, but Pakistan lives in our thoughts and our hearts like a mother. We don’t see her as she is but in an idealized and simple way. Perhaps this is why IK appeals to overseas Pakistanis. He is like a Mamu, caring for our mother while we are away and sending back money to support her, so she can support herself and keep the family home intact, so that our children maybe able to visit her one day, keeping our family together through the generations.

Yes and no. the main point is to not have the need to go abroad for rozi.

when I say « our next generation » « future generations » I’m talking about the youth of Pakistan ! All te youth. Not only mine or yours, but whole Pakistani citizen.

Hunt for Khadija Shah intensifies​

Lt Gen Salman Ghani is under inquiry for letting the protesters enter his house and carry out vandalism​

ISLAMABAD: Punjab Police have launched a massive operation, detaining hundreds of PTI activists suspected of involvement in the attacks on defense installations. However, the search for Khadija Shah, the granddaughter of a former army chief, remains ongoing as she continues to evade arrest, defying the army’s stern orders of “no mercy” towards anyone connected to such offenses.

Khadija Shah, a prime suspect in the case, continues to elude authorities, even as her husband, Jehanzeb Amin, has been taken into police custody. In a similar vein, Salman Shah, the former finance minister, was briefly arrested before being freed.

Jehanzeb was not only wanted in connection with the defense installations attacks but is also a proclaimed offender in a separate case involving a bogus cheque worth Rs8.3 million. His current predicament presents an uncomfortable situation, as his freedom is contingent upon the arrest of his wife. Failure to apprehend Khadija would result in Jehanzeb’s imprisonment in the bogus cheque case, according to officials familiar with the ongoing developments as disclosed to The News. It is likely that his swift cooperation upon initial arrest was driven by this impending consequence.

Acting on a tip-off from Jehanzeb, the police conducted a raid on an apartment in Gulberg, but Khadija managed to escape just minutes before the raiding party’s arrival. Leaked CCTV footage captured her fleeing the building through the basement parking area. Interestingly, the apartment where she had been hiding belongs to Mehar Tareen, the daughter of Jehangir Tareen, and her husband, Umar Sheikh. Although present during the raid, the Tareen couple’s attempts to assist Khadija proved futile. Awn Chaudhry, a special assistant to the prime minister, and a close confidante of Tareen, made unsuccessful efforts to intervene with the police on her behalf.

While Khadija’s case has garnered attention due to her refusal to surrender, it also exposes the intricate connections within the elites, transcending political affiliations. Apart from the Tareen family, other influential individuals have also been approached in an endeavour to secure relief for Khadija.Among them is Chaudhry Shujaat Husain, who served as a witness at Khadija’s nikah ceremony. However, he soon discovered that the army maintains a zero-tolerance policy towards offenders, treating all individuals equally without discrimination. Sirmed Amin, Khadija’s father-in-law and an old friend of Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif, held multiple meetings with him, including a recent one on Monday. However, the prime minister’s efforts to provide assistance proved fruitless, as he could only instruct the police to handle the matter in accordance with the law.

According to a reliable police official, the army has unequivocally stated that no offenders will escape punishment. During a recent visit to Lahore, Army Chief Gen. Asim Munir commended the police for their actions, affirming that there would be no leniency towards any culprits involved. He emphasized that arrests should be made lawfully and without disrespecting the female accused.

Khadija, a US citizen, has released several audio messages proclaiming her innocence, maintaining that she was merely present outside the corps commander’s house and played no part in the acts of ransacking.

While attackers are being apprehended, Lt. Gen. Salman Ghani who was corps commander Lahore on May 9, is under inquiry for letting the protesters enter his house and carry out vandalism. His links with different functionaries are also under investigation. Ghani’s wife is the first cousin of Chief Justice Umar Ata Bandial, it has been learnt.

IMG_1231.jpeg

IMG_1232.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom