What's new

Ousted Prime Minister Imran Khan Arrested: News and Discussion

Is Martial Law/Emergency a real possibility after IK arrest?

• Yes

Votes: 145 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 83 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The official Pakistani government narrative is nonsense and holds no ground

He sold the gift as per the value set by bureaucrats in cabinet division. If the value was calculated undervalued then those bureaucrats in cabinet divisions are responsible for it

No action against those bureaucrats has been taken by Pakistani government and they are still working in the cabinet division thus confirming the fact that this bogus case was created just to persecute Imran Khan and to malign him
I agree that the case has been created to persecute and malign Imran Khan and that he could not have bought the gifts at a discount without the co-operation of bureaucrats and other enablers. But the fact that the others were involved does not change the fact that money that belonged to Pakistani taxpayers went into Imran Khan or his begum's pocket. I also think it is hypocritical of the present regime to ignore how Zardari and Sharifs ripped off the taxpayer, but how does that justify tranfer of public money into Imran Khan's pocket ?

I agree that the case has been created to persecute and malign Imran Khan and that he could not have bought the gifts at a discount without the co-operation of bureaucrats and other enablers. But the fact that the others were involved does not change the fact that money that belonged to Pakistani taxpayers went into Imran Khan or his begum's pocket. I also think it is hypocritical of the present regime to ignore how Zardari and Sharifs ripped off the taxpayer, but how does that justify tranfer of public money into Imran Khan's pocket ?

I never said others were involved. I simply said if others were involved then why no action was taken against them

Thus this proves my position that there was no corruption involved as you are trying to prove desperately

Nope

He simply sold something that belonged to him. There is no corruption in that
The gifts didn't belong to him though. They were the property of the state. That is why he had to pay the toshakhana for their ownership. The question is whether he paid a fair price for them. If he could immediately sell them for 5 times or more the price he paid, most people would agree he didn't pay a fair price for them. Since he was Prime Minister at that time, it is reasonable to question whether he was able to buy an asset of the Pakistani state at 20% or lower of market price only because of his influence. If you don't think that is corruption, then almost no one in Pakistan is corrupt because they all operate using the same modus operandi to a greater or lesser extent.

Tyranny has a very short life span. The will of the people if suppressed will create even bigger turmoil for coming days. There was time when it was said that if bhutto gives party ticket to an electric pole that pole is bound to win. Such is the mood now for IK. No matter it happens tomorrow or after an year.

All other reasons apart my one reason for voting for him is that he didn't give two or three tickets to the same person. As nawaz or shahbaz often contest from 3 or four seats and bye election expenditure is endurrd by people

All other reasons apart my one reason for voting for him is that he didn't give two or three tickets to the same person. As nawaz or shahbaz often contest from 3 or four seats and bye election expenditure is endurrd by people

That is not true in case of Imran Khan.

The gifts didn't belong to him though. They were the property of the state. That is why he had to pay the toshakhana for their ownership. The question is whether he paid a fair price for them. If he could immediately sell them for 5 times or more the price he paid, most people would agree he didn't pay a fair price for them. Since he was Prime Minister at that time, it is reasonable to question whether he was able to buy an asset of the Pakistani state at 20% or lower of market price only because of his influence. If you don't think that is corruption, then almost no one in Pakistan is corrupt because they all operate using the same modus operandi to a greater or lesser extent.

State allows him to retain those gifts after paying a price that is agreed by cabinet division and then do whatever he wants to do with them

He simply followed the same

Your mental gymnastics don't prove any corruption no matter how hard you try

That Corps Commander house burning was exactly planned on the pattern of the Reichstag Fire, and the subsequent, planned actions aganist the PTI workers and anyone remotely related to the party, the supporters.

"The Gestapo had 40,000 officials watching a country of 80 million, while the Stasi employed 102,000 to control only 17 million." One might add that the Nazi terror lasted only twelve years, whereas the Stasi had four decades in which to perfect its machinery of oppression, espionage, and international terrorism and ...

Back
Top Bottom