What's new

Ousted Prime Minister Imran Khan Arrested: News and Discussion

Is Martial Law/Emergency a real possibility after IK arrest?

• Yes

Votes: 145 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 83 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
LONG POST WARNING:
Fwrcy5NWYAQ4qYg
FwrczMyWIAULyVt

The Frontier Crimes Regulations in ex-FATA allowed for residents to be arrested without cause
, or for collective punishment; a hated, black law we finally got rid of in 2018.

Yet why does it seem that most of Pakistan is under FCR today?

PTI workers across KP are moving their families from home, and kids from school, because they fear their relatives being picked up and held for barter; or they fear their family's honour being compromised. No one is attempting to get bail, because they know they will be arrested in other fake cases as they get out of the courts. Archaic colonial MPO laws, blank signed by an administrator, are being used to reverse engineer arrests.

The KP police are doing this. Moving on from KP, Islamabad & Punjab make KP look pleasant by comparison. So many arrested; Asad Umar; SMQ; Fawad; Ali Muhammad Khan; Maleeka Bokhari; Dr Yasmin Rashid... The sad videos of Dr Shireen Mazari being arrested, again and again, despite court bail, & the anguish of her daughter is incredibly sad to see; Shehryar Afridi's arrest, along with his wife, and their kids trauma.

The list is long. In Lahore, the sad case of Dr Salman Shah and his family; having worked with him in our economic team, an ex Finance Minister and one of Pakistan's best economic minds; the ludicrous assertion that his daughter, Khadijah Shah, masterminded the attack on Jinnah House; servants beaten up; husband arrested; houses being raided.

In drawing room discussions, we hound the privileged for not speaking up, and when some of them have the courage to have a view, we hound them for daring to have that view, and do anything to make sure it's deleted.

Mohsin Naqvi, the caretaker CM whose term is finished, proudly asserts that he wants to try 500 women through terrorist courts.
FwpPpsKaMAE2pIa

Maryam Nawaz - champion of democracy, now transformed to champion of military courts. And the Punjab Police are on a rampage.
FwoU6eoWYAAJSeI

There are many cases like this maybe 10000. How many can we talk about? If the idea is to stop people from speaking, or to stop protest - this is unlikely to work, or to benefit anyone. However, it is guaranteed to hurt Pakistan; to disillusion a generation of top talent from caring about this country; and to instill in a whole generation of youth that they should have no voice. At a minimum. And to what end?

I will share with you a Medico Legal exam; each injury on the body has been mapped - all are injuries consistent with prolonged torture: (Names and dates have been blanked to protect the individual involved).
1684705781333.png

Look at this, are we any better than Guantanamo Bay?

(Please note: As I type this I have been directly threatened with a shut up call). I will continue to speak out about this great injustice, otherwise how will I be able to look my children and grandchildren in their eyes!

all the international pressure, is there any mood change within GHQ? @RescueRanger
The pressure will come from the economy front sir.

Last edited:
LONG POST WARNING:
Fwrcy5NWYAQ4qYg
FwrczMyWIAULyVt

The Frontier Crimes Regulations in ex-FATA allowed for residents to be arrested without cause
, or for collective punishment; a hated, black law we finally got rid of in 2018.

Yet why does it seem that most of Pakistan is under FCR today?

PTI workers across KP are moving their families from home, and kids from school, because they fear their relatives being picked up and held for barter; or they fear their family's honour being compromised. No one is attempting to get bail, because they know they will be arrested in other fake cases as they get out of the courts. Archaic colonial MPO laws, blank signed by an administrator, are being used to reverse engineer arrests.

The KP police are doing this. Moving on from KP, Islamabad & Punjab make KP look pleasant by comparison. So many arrested; Asad Umar; SMQ; Fawad; Ali Muhammad Khan; Maleeka Bokhari; Dr Yasmin Rashid... The sad videos of Dr Shireen Mazari being arrested, again and again, despite court bail, & the anguish of her daughter is incredibly sad to see; Shehryar Afridi's arrest, along with his wife, and their kids trauma.

The list is long. In Lahore, the sad case of Dr Salman Shah and his family; having worked with him in our economic team, an ex Finance Minister and one of Pakistan's best economic minds; the ludicrous assertion that his daughter, Khadijah Shah, masterminded the attack on Jinnah House; servants beaten up; husband arrested; houses being raided.

In drawing room discussions, we hound the privileged for not speaking up, and when some of them have the courage to have a view, we hound them for daring to have that view, and do anything to make sure it's deleted.

Mohsin Naqvi, the caretaker CM whose term is finished, proudly asserts that he wants to try 500 women through terrorist courts.
FwpPpsKaMAE2pIa

Maryam Nawaz - champion of democracy, now transformed to champion of military courts. And the Punjab Police are on a rampage.
FwoU6eoWYAAJSeI

There are many cases like this maybe 10000. How many can we talk about? If the idea is to stop people from speaking, or to stop protest - this is unlikely to work, or to benefit anyone. However, it is guaranteed to hurt Pakistan; to disillusion a generation of top talent from caring about this country; and to instill in a whole generation of youth that they should have no voice. At a minimum. And to what end?

I will share with you a Medico Legal exam; each injury on the body has been mapped - all are injuries consistent with prolonged torture: (Names and dates have been blanked to protect the individual involved).
View attachment 930900

Look at this, are we any better than Guantanamo Bay?

(Please note: As I type this I have been directly threatened with a shut up call). I will continue to speak out about this great injustice, otherwise how will I be able to look my children and grandchildren in their eyes!

The pressure will come from the economy front sir.

A shut up call by who?

I have said it many times. Let PDM and the generals lay their hands on IK. Pakistan is basically cut in pieces. No two ways about it.

The reason Asim Munir's vendetta with IK.

But there is more to it than meets the eye...

Saudia was not happy with IK visiting Iran, and spoiled it with Asim Munir acting as a stooge.
Just as US was not happy with IK visiting Russia.

US was also not happy with IK visiting Iran.

IK was clearly trapped, in the intl' power politics, and intl' Estab. is against him. Saudia, UAE, Qatar are not the friends of IK.

Last edited:
The reason Asim Munir's vendetta with IK.

But there is more to it than meets the eye...

Saudia was not happy with IK visiting Iran, and spoiled it with Asim Munir acting as a stooge.
Just as US was not happy with IK visiting Russia.

IK was clearly trapped, in the intl' power politics, and intl' Estab. is against him. Saudia, UAE, Iraq are not the friends of IK.

Good analysis.

This is what is happening to PTI workers, supporters and ordinary people who joined the protest. As soon as Dr. Laang is released from prison under court order, masked men from Punjab police come armed with weapons to arrest this elderly frail man, breaching the court order.

Just so you know Dr Riaz Hussain Laang is a retired grade 19 officer, a very honest man and suffers from cardiac disease. This is how they treat people!

This has been their MO since time immemorial, you can bet money on contracts being awarded to close relatives, like the Overpass and Laptop scandals.

I just got to know that Nawaz Sharif has been also involved in doling out favors during Pakistan's contribution to the Kuwait demining mission. Ab un mausoof kay khandan main shadi bhi karayi.

This is what is happening to PTI workers, supporters and ordinary people who joined the protest. As soon as Dr. Laang is released from prison under court order, masked men from Punjab police come armed with weapons to arrest this elderly frail man, breaching the court order.

Just so you know Dr Riaz Hussain Laang is a retired grade 19 officer, a very honest man and suffers from cardiac disease. This is how they treat people!

Full respect to the Doctor.

I was thinking, this has now become a case of the old school political establishment (not the military) and the up and coming middle class.

Look at the people who are being picked up, Maleeka Bokhari, Shireen Mazari, Murad Saeed, the Awan from islamabad, Ali Muhammad Khan, Shehryar Afridi....people who are bang in the middle, upper middle class. The people everyone thought were burger, who did corporate C-level jobs and were generally disinterested from politics. They are all now coming up in resistance as a part of PTI. Then you have a different class such as this doctor. Then you have the city dwellers who are just scraping by.

Full respect to the Doctor.

I was thinking, this has now become a case of the old school political establishment (not the military) and the up and coming middle class.

Look at the people who are being picked up, Maleeka Bokhari, Shireen Mazari, Murad Saeed, the Awan from islamabad, Ali Muhammad Khan, Shehryar Afridi....people who are bang in the middle, upper middle class. The people everyone thought were burger, who did corporate C-level jobs and were generally disinterested from politics. They are all now coming up in resistance as a part of PTI. Then you have a different class such as this doctor. Then you have the city dwellers who are just scraping by.
So how are they all holding up? Can they sustain this? Additionally how long can the government sustain this?

I believe pdm vote bank will decrease further, but have to see how PTIs political machinery survive this. Additionally what can overseas Pakistanis do. For a start they can setup fund to help those who need the most help, such as legal fees and any loss being faced by them.

Back
Top Bottom