What's new

Ousted Prime Minister Imran Khan Arrested: News and Discussion

Is Martial Law/Emergency a real possibility after IK arrest?

• Yes

Votes: 145 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 83 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Secular?
View attachment 930704

The lack of this attachment to the soil is what has led us to this precarious situation. When you are attached to the soil, you will defend this soil and fight for this soil.…and I’m not talking about revolutions.

I’m talking about politicians….every politician is corrupt no matter what part of the world you might be in. BUT, at the end of the day the corrupt American politician serves America. The corrupt British politician serves Britain.

Our corrupt politicians don’t even serve Pakistan, let alone their own families (Look at the Bhuttos and Sharifs and the constant infighting).

This lack of attachment to the soil is part of the reason why we are the way we are.

Apart from Fazlur Rehman, yes. Also, frankly, as you know, JUI, Fazlus dad was opposed to Pakistan. And also, the real power sits behind these individuals. This is the B-team.

I strongly disagree with your assessment about lack of soil attachment. The problem is that there is nothing besides that.

If there was any nationalism beyond that, we wouldn’t have come to this point. But all of us were perfectly happy with having corrupt politicians as long as they came from our part of the soil. Complete rubbish mentality. Has completely handicapped us.

Please try to understand...

IK is extremely cunning and manipulative person.

He is not some revolutionary.

Army never said that she didn't do mistakes in 71. There were lot of other factors present at that time that led to the surrender.

Turks don't have 7x times bigger enemy on their doorstep but we Pakistanis have.

Pak Army cannot be allowed to be weakened...

Generals/soldiers, most of them are good people by heart.

And they are HUMANS...they can make mistakes.

IK is the most dangerous threat Army has ever faced arising from political spectrum. He was trying to cause mutiny among the ranks.

Mark this...He will be and should be taken to cleaners.

Lot of water and blood has passed now.

IK has literally dumped his followers as he saw that shit has hit the fan after 9th May. He is not even owning his own workers who were nurtured/prepared and instigated by none other but him and his tier 1 leadership...

He is a snake. He changes his colours like a lizard. He is extremely stubborn.

Good thing is - that finally, his tamasha has come to an end now.

Pakistan would never be the same after 9th May events.

PTI will be sent to oblivion.

Please try to understand...

IK is extremely cunning and manipulative person.

He is not some revolutionary.

Army never said that she didn't do mistakes in 71. There were lot of other factors present at that time that led to the surrender.

Turks don't have 7x times bigger enemy on their doorstep but we Pakistanis have.

Pak Army cannot be allowed to be weakened...

Generals/soldiers, most of them are good people by heart.

And they are HUMANS...they can make mistakes.

IK is the most dangerous threat Army has ever faced arising from political spectrum. He was trying to cause mutiny among the ranks.

Mark this...He will be and should be taken to cleaners.

Lot of water and blood has passed now.

IK has literally dumped his followers as he saw that shit has hit the fan after 9th May. He is not even owning his own workers who were nurtured/prepared and instigated by none other but him and his tier 1 leadership...

He is a snake. He changes his colours like a lizard. He is extremely stubborn.

Good thing is - that finally, his tamasha has come to an end now.

Pakistan would never be the same after 9th May events.

PTI will be sent to oblivion.
Dear Young Man, I have seen too much of the world to understand it too well. I wish I had seen much less....

Brother Ali Zaidi, this time will also pass...

346984761_1586362025194952_9442325596999707_n.jpg
Inshallah this too will pass.

DDD10071-9972-40EB-8C79-7FA123268094.jpeg

And they try and call this man a terrorist. They can never defeat Imran Khan.

This is not about IK or PTI, this is about Humanity.
May the eyes of these cowards never sleep.

This is the thing. Nothing anymore is about PTI. Anyone who lives in Pakistan should frankly be mortified at what is happening, PTI or not.

You tweet against the army and you and your 3 generations can get picked up, harrassed, tortured, and ridiculed, all for a tweet.

You stand at a protest with a chart paper and write on it 'Ghulami Namanzoor', 'Say yes to democracy' or any other thing, you get your knees and arms broken.

This isn't even about those who ransacked the CC house or set fire to installations, it's about normal middle class people who silently protest or tweet or talk, they are fcked up by the state that is supposed to be their mother.

Today it is someone else, tomorrow it will be you.

We used to hear that these things happen in North Korea, Russia, Congo, or other authoritarian countries. But it is happening right here in Pakistan.

Fck the establishment, and fck anyone who supports their actions.

Is waqt fauj main koi bhi banda whatsapp ya phone par baat nhn karta. Majors and Cols are mortified, even Brigs. And no, I am not kidding. I know kids of Maj Gen's who were picked up by MI all because of a tweet aur woh MG ja kar tarlay karta tha. Those two kids (brother and sister) were kept in a safe house for a week and then released. Us jarnail ki to future naukri khatam, to tum kis khet ki mooli ho?

This is the thing. Nothing anymore is about PTI. Anyone who lives in Pakistan should frankly be mortified at what is happening, PTI or not.

You tweet against the army and you and your 3 generations can get picked up, harrassed, tortured, and ridiculed, all for a tweet.

You stand at a protest with a chart paper and write on it 'Ghulami Namanzoor', 'Say yes to democracy' or any other thing, you get your knees and arms broken.

This isn't even about those who ransacked the CC house or set fire to installations, it's about normal middle class people who silently protest or tweet or talk, they are fcked up by the state that is supposed to be their mother.

Today it is someone else, tomorrow it will be you.

We used to hear that these things happen in North Korea, Russia, Congo, or other authoritarian countries. But it is happening right here in Pakistan.

Fck the establishment, and fck anyone who supports their actions.

Is waqt fauj main koi bhi banda whatsapp ya phone par baat nhn karta. Majors and Cols are mortified, even Brigs. And no, I am not kidding. I know kids of Maj Gen's who were picked up by MI all because of a tweet aur woh MG ja kar tarlay karta tha. Those two kids (brother and sister) were kept in a safe house for a week and then released. Us jarnail ki to future naukri khatam, to tum kis khet ki mooli ho?
Dil ko thandak ponchey reading your post. I’ll admit a little emotional - so many of my friends and as you know family are in a very difficult position right now.

And I swear on all that I hold holy, not one of them would ever lift a dirty eye towards this country - I dedicated my entire youth despite studying paramedical science in the west to setting up pre hospital care in Pakistan.

And I have literally held for this country and her people and it broke my heart to see what happened to it because of a few peoples avarice, they are so blind to it they can’t see the mendacity creeping into the depths of their souls.

Analysis of the importance of Overseas Pakistanis for PTI ( This is what truly scares the shit out of the establishment and that is why they issues that statement earlier).

Please take a moment to read it in its entirety:

The overseas strength of PTI.

Unlike other political parties, PTI has two parts. One is inside Pakistan & other part is overseas Pakistanis.

Then, PML N & PPPP have only internal parts. The overseas part of PTI is still active on social media & lobbying with international legislators & organizations. It's quite visible that PTI supporters in Pakistan are quiet on social media & likewise, their political workers are underground or hibernated. Hence, for the time being, the federal & provincial governments have limited the bulging outreach of PTI in Pakistan.

Pakistani political parties aren't organized, therefore their political resistance is always compromised. Accordingly, they have not been able to resist the onslaught of federal or provincial governments. Political parties in Pakistan are more of a cult than organized functional units.

There is a weak grassroot organizational structure & almost all parties organize through electables. So, if electables are inactive, the party is inactive. In this context PTI, PML N & PPPP are the same one political party barring their leaders. Then, PTI is more effective on social media than other political parties.

Irrespective of the merit of organization, however, PTI seems to have an advantage despite all organizational & second tier leadership issues. They have the unique support of overseas Pakistanis.

Overseas Pakistanis not only mobilize international help but also influence their Pakistani relations as latter are financially dependant upon them. More, overseas Pakistanis are running the social media narrative of PTI & defending their party as most of their supporters in Pakistan are almost silent.

Overseas Pakistanis might be the most potent challenge for PDM governments. It shall remain a question how PDM governments tackle or woo overseas Pakistanis.

It is pertinent to mention that all overseas Pakistanis aren't in favor of PTI but a significant part is. As long as overseas Pakistanis keep on supporting PTI & IK, the PTI shall remain a potent political force atleast on social media. Instead, it won't be exaggerating to comment that future of PTI depends upon the leadership of IK & his overseas supports for the time being.

PTI faces a serious political crisis. The detractors of PTI refer the crisis as an existential threat. If PTI sails through the crisis, the role of overseas Pakistanis shall be significant.

Dil ko thandak ponchey reading your post. I’ll admit a little emotional - so many of my friends and as you know family are in a very difficult position right now.

And I swear on all that I hold holy, not one of them would ever lift a dirty eye towards this country - I dedicated my entire youth despite studying paramedical science in the west to setting up pre hospital care in Pakistan.

And I have literally held for this country and her people and it broke my heart to see what happened to it because of a few peoples avarice, they are so blind to it they can’t see the mendacity creeping into the depths of their souls.

The estab is hopelessly trying to portray opposition to their heavy handed tactics as opposition to the army in general.

No you fucktards, no one hates the shaheed Lance Naik jis ki bewa kay tum interview ARY par chalwa rahay hai, neither does anyone show disrespect towards MM Alam or Karnal Sher Khan or anyone. They hate you lot at the top.

This false equivalence needes to stop, no one falls for that anymore.

I swear that interview of the Lance Nk's widow was such an embarassement. These Lt Col's at ISPR are so unoriginal now and frankly behind the times. In haramzadon say bas tea break main club sandwich khilwao aur kuch nhn hota in say.

Are you saying jin faujion nay 30/35 saal service ki hai, woh usi idaray ya mulk kay khilaf ho gaye hain? Jo log bahir say sab chor kar aye to seve their country, they hate the country? MM Alam kay liay rally nikalti hai to yehi saray FSc aur Matric kay bachay nikaltay hain in support. I used to practically beg all my connections to get passes to the JS parade on 23 March.

Yeh jo beej bo rahay hain is ka sila 4 saal bad milay ga. Just how you alienated people of Balochistan from the state, now you are doing the same in mainland Punjab.

The sadder part specific to PTI is, they are the only national party we have right now. PML, PPP, ANP, JUI, MQM all are ethnic parties with a voter base in a very narrow demographic. PTI is the one that unites the whole country together.

I don't contact my Army friends to not put them and myself in a similar situation, But this pressure and hatred is what will blow up in their face the most somewhere down the line soon Army Officers will understand Merit is long dead and buried and that time they might go for the kill once and far all and actually do the unthinkable.

My cousin was telling me a number of years ago (during PMLN rule) how I was wrong to leave the country and settle abroad. This that, patriotic fervor, etc.

I remember telling him straight that I am no sacrificial lamb for anyone. Pakistan is not a place to live for decent people.

Then I had hope after IK was in power. The conditions were still not right but I could imagine coming back, not for myself, but to serve in whatever capacity I might.

Now I realize that the issue was never about PTI/IK being there or not. The issue has always been a corrupt establishment. At times, they have ruled directly and at other times indirectly.

Historically, when they have ruled directly, it has been marginally better than when they ruled behind corrupt politicians. But now it seems that they are not even competent at the margins. It’s one thing if we talk about Ayyub and Musharraf who had some competence. This recent duo do not even have this trapping.

So Pakistan is screwed. For all the Pakistanis living within Pakistan, best thing is to leave until things settle. This is my advice to all my family. The country is no place for decent people who don’t want to give rishwat and live a halal life.

On the aggregate, overseas Pakistanis are more patriotic, better Pakistanis and frankly closer to the ideal of Islam than Pakistanis living in the country. No one needs to be a sacrificial lamb. Leave the country wherever you can. With some hard work and good ethic, you will get further than you ever could within Pakistan if you come from a family that is not part of the liberal secular elite leeches that rule it.

Besides, the idea of Pakistan is larger than the ethnicities that have lived in the Indus Valley. It is Iqbal’s and Jinnahs dream to form a modern republic that marries Islamic ideals with modernity. There was none of this son of the soil component to their dream.

I don’t see IK winning this round. Whoever can jump ship, should. You have to focus on yourself and your family before you focus on your country. All of this has to happen within the boundaries of Islam. The only place to do the above is outside of Pakistan. Even Jinnah and Iqbal lived abroad when they needed to. No issue with us doing so.

I understand that you feel disheartened and overwhelmed, but I disagree with the suggestion that all the decent people should just pack up and leave Pakistan. If everyone who wants to make a positive difference simply leaves, who will be left to bring about the change we so desperately need? The journey towards unadulterated independence and securing rights is often a lengthy one, and our struggle has only just begun. We need such resourceful minds with good intentions to stay put and fight for a better future instead of quitting and granting the oppressors greater room to maneuver and exert their control... So, let's not give up hope just yet, and let's keep striving for a brighter tomorrow right here in Pakistan.

I don't contact my Army friends to not put them and myself in a similar situation, But this pressure and hatred is what will blow up in their face the most somewhere down the line soon Army Officers will understand Merit is long dead and buried and that time they might go for the kill once and far all and actually do the unthinkable.

It's been dead for a while TBH.

In the upper ranks, after MG, it is dead, had it not been dead we wouldn't have had Bajwa and Asim Munir as COAS (or even Raheel Sharif although that can be debated). For the lower ranks, if not dead, then severely compromised.

I know of an officer who didn't get promoted to Brig because his subordinate (when he was commanding a unit as a Lt Col) was slacking and got a bad ACR by the said Lt Col. The Maj then got posted to ISI and then ruined the guy's career on count of him being a 'security risk'.

Case went pretty high up in the chain of command, but you rarely get a second look in the military.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom