What's new

Ousted Prime Minister Imran Khan Arrested: News and Discussion

Is Martial Law/Emergency a real possibility after IK arrest?

• Yes

Votes: 145 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 83 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This 'search' was such BS.

4 din say lagay huay ho keh there are terrorists inside, so do you think they will still be inside when you come after balring it all on news?

Amir Mir is the biggest retard in Punjab govt. Hamid Mir bikaoo tha magr itni bongian nhn marta. Is ka bhai to is a total crack case. He says the team went there to finalize SOP's. Since when do you arrest terrorists after finalizing SOP's with them?

Sab topi drama hai.

Today, the state is spreading terror in the homes of those it wants to arrest, destroying their property and household goods, harassing and terrorizing their parents, wives and children, in the name of operations against terrorists, the government itself.

They are behaving like terrorists. In the name of enforcing the law, the law is being flouted and the flag of the constitution is being raised and the constitution is being violated.

We need a political party whose manifesto can rein in the strong horse of the state.
"Amir Abbas"

FwfxvBpXoAIZuex

This 'search' was such BS.

4 din say lagay huay ho keh there are terrorists inside, so do you think they will still be inside when you come after balring it all on news?

Amir Mir is the biggest retard in Punjab govt. Hamid Mir bikaoo tha magr itni bongian nhn marta. Is ka bhai to is a total crack case. He says the team went there to finalize SOP's. Since when do you arrest terrorists after finalizing SOP's with them?

Sab topi drama hai.
My brother this was all topi drama to embarrass and humiliate him. These dangar that two piece thekaydar CM who has no legal authority… All of it:

Even paid lafafa mentioned this on this tweet:

Imran says army chief 'clearly has some problems with me'​

I don't know what will happen in future but right now there's no dialogue with army, says former PM

AFP
May 19, 2023

pti chairman imran khan gestures as he speaks during an interview with afp at his residence in lahore on may 18 photo afp

PTI Chairman Imran Khan gestures as he speaks during an interview with AFP at his residence in Lahore on May 18. PHOTO: AFP

Former prime minister and Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan says he has had "no dialogue" with the military since violent protests broke out in the country following his May 9 arrest.

"The current army chief clearly has some problems with me," Imran told news agency AFP at his Lahore home late Thursday. "I don't know what will happen in the future, but right now there's no dialogue."

Hours after repeating accusations that a top intelligence officer was involved in a November attempt on his life, 70-year-old Imran was last week swarmed by paramilitary troops and arrested on graft charges.

Days of civil unrest followed — with government buildings set alight, military installations damaged, and at least nine people killed — before the Supreme Court declared the arrest illegal.

The former cricket star said the PDM government led by Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif is "scared" to face his party in general elections due no later than October.

"Our party has been facing a crackdown really for one year," said Imran, seeming tired but resolved, sitting between the twin draped flags of Pakistan and PTI.

"I was removed from power through this conspiracy by the ex-army chief."

The PTI chief said last week's violence was a "conspiracy" staged to justify repression of his PTI party.

More than 7,000 people were detained as the unrest broke out and at least 19 senior PTI officials were arrested, some in overnight raids on their homes, accused of instigating violence.

"This terrorism and mobbing was all pre-planned and this was done by Khan," Interior Minister Rana Sanaullah said last week.

The government has pledged to try those accused of violence against army installations in military courts.

But Imran said there were "outside elements that were planted inside" his protest movement, designed to discredit it.

"There were elements who deliberately incited violence, they were not part of a party," he said. "This pretext was used to crack down on a party."

Since Imran's release last Friday, PTI officials have continued to face arrest while some high-level party leaders have resigned under the onslaught of pressure from authorities.

"As we speak, they're picking up more people and putting them in jail," Imran said.

He has faced a series of further court appearances, some relating to the unrest, which his party dismisses as more political hurdles designed to keep him from power.

The former prime minister claims the popular momentum of his party will prevail — setting the stage for more escalation between the government and the military on one side, and his movement on the other.

"Political parties cannot be destroyed by banning, by disqualifying," he said. "Once people are with you, you are not dependent on candidates or names."

"If anything, what will keep this country together is my party," he said.

The PTI chairman was ousted via a parliamentary no-confidence vote last April, but the shaky PDM coalition which replaced him has struggled with a critical economic downturn and a worsening security situation, as charismatic Imran's favour has improved.

"To everyone's surprise, and I must say to my surprise, the party sort of just started getting more and more popular," said the formerer cricketer.

His campaign for a second innings has featured various claims that there are conspiracies to keep him from power.

In November, Imran was shot in the leg as he campaigned for snap polls. His most explosive claim — repeated just hours before his arrest last week — was that the attack was planned by Shehbaz Sharif and a top intelligence officer.

Despite the rhetoric, Imran says he is open to negotiations.

"Believe me, there is no issue from my side," he said. "The fact is, no one wants to fight with your own army."

@RescueRanger
I wish to personally thank you and give you a salute.
I am based in the UK and rather than following any mainstream media have been coming on here for a realistic and objective analysis what these rogues are putting our nation through.
Please ignore the paid trolls and those that attempt to put you down - they sir, are not fit to polish your shoes. Please keep up the good work and it’s greatly appreciated.

Many of the raids, manhandling, torture by Punjab police are done at the behest of Rana goon, PMLN crooks, to please the Army, rather the dirty harry group.

Shah sey Ziada shah Kay wafadar.

And to create further divide, resentment between Fauj and Awam, PTI.

New topi drama, Mohsin Naqvi orders police barricades to be removed if Imran Khan removes the encroachments outside Zaman Park. Fair demand I'd say. Remove the barriers and shutterings and everything blocking the streets, home security should remain though.

But, kdhr gaye 40 terrorists? You didn't manage to arrest them? So 40 hardcore Afghan terrorists (according to Rana muchar) are roaming around in Lahore? If there were no terrorists, then you were lying about such a serious matter?

@RescueRanger
I wish to personally thank you and give you a salute.
I am based in the UK and rather than following any mainstream media have been coming on here for a realistic and objective analysis what these rogues are putting our nation through.
Please ignore the paid trolls and those that attempt to put you down - they sir, are not fit to polish your shoes. Please keep up the good work and it’s greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much for your kind words. We are all playing our part. Allah protect Pakistan.

Pakistan belongs to its people!

New topi drama, Mohsin Naqvi orders police barricades to be removed if Imran Khan removes the encroachments outside Zaman Park. Fair demand I'd say. Remove the barriers and shutterings and everything blocking the streets, home security should remain though.

But, kdhr gaye 40 terrorists? You didn't manage to arrest them? So 40 hardcore Afghan terrorists (according to Rana muchar) are roaming around in Lahore? If there were no terrorists, then you were lying about such a serious matter?
They have been thoroughly exposed. I’ve been speaking to a friend who is a PPP man and us ney itni galian de hain apni leadership ko.

Back
Top Bottom