What's new

Ousted Prime Minister Imran Khan Arrested: News and Discussion

Is Martial Law/Emergency a real possibility after IK arrest?

• Yes

Votes: 145 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 83 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In recent months, crooked governing elites have come up with new excuse that it isn't them. Since an institute is an easy target and exactly what all of them been working for, to defame the institute.
That is the reason, Institution should come forward and tell the nation, they are taking order from who. Otherwise, hate is increasing everyday. I never knew the Baluch hate against Pak army, only encountered in US and was stunned. Because our establishment backs up feudal of Baluchistan. Baluchi has extreme hate against PA and Pakistan.

In recent months, crooked governing elites have come up with new excuse that it isn't them. Since an institute is an easy target and exactly what all of them been working for, to defame the institute.

See rafiki, it is the same foil plot; blame it on external forces etc. Ultimately - everyone knows the level of corruption at the top most level.

The country is in doldrums yet Pak PM is enjoying scenerades of his master Charles - there is not an iota of shame on these wretched establishment. Look at our region, - our President did not go - just sent off a twitter message; Kenya's and Uganda also did not go as a matter of unity. Yet Kagame who is the new wanna be commonwealth member broke ranks and went.

This NAB cunt a recently retd General was placed in specifically for this purpose.

1683633044031.png

What we are witnessing today is something that was brewing for some time. The final straw was IK directly criticising the senior military officer. The Pakistani army has a very thin skin and an extremely big ego. That much has been established. It is the most elite and corrupt institution in Pakistan.

This latest escalation can have many intended and unintended consequences. I hope the Pakistani army is ready for all outcomes.

Arresting IK on frivolous charges puts the judicial system on trial. PDM is playing itself thinking this will prolong their rule, but by detaining IK, they have allowed IK to call their bluff, turning him into a Mandela figure. The anarchy will be called an emergency and the nation will probably be under martial law by the end of the year. :(

With more instability, I doubt the Chinese will invest to expand CPEC for a while.

Now it’s down to the judiciary to push back and uphold the laws. Pakistan will be headed towards becoming another egypt.

Last edited:
That is the reason, Institution should come forward and tell the nation, they are taking order from who. Otherwise, hate is increasing everyday. I never knew the Baluch hate against Pak army, only encountered in US and was stunned. Because our establishment backs up feudal of Baluchistan. Baluchi has extreme hate against PA.
Correct that is why the ordinary person in Balochistan has risen up and is willing to lay their blood to get rid of these puppets and their masters.

Cant the rest of the pakistan recognise the terrorists are sitting in Islamabad?

It is time for Pakistan to do what was done in East Pakistan - line these wretched establishment into a firing squad. THe middle and lower echelon of the army must step in and get rid of this mafia unless they too are sold out.

I knew you'd answer that.

The US has tried this in Iraq. The Iraqi army was dismantled and "democratic" personnel loyal to the US were installed.

All it did was create a huge population of pissed off, unemployed commanders/soldiers who went on to lead various insurgent groups.

The root cause of corruption in Pakistan is not the Army. The Army is from the same pool of ordinary Pakistanis.

The issue stems from the culture of selfishness and preferring/identifying with your family/tribe/ethnicity over your country, combined with poverty and the fact that the avg Pakistani sits in their drawing room complaining how Pakistan is poor and corrupt while they themselves do not pay taxes and litter all the time.
The US model was not my proposal at all - the US disbanded almost the entire Army and Saddam’s Army was set up to exploit sectarian and ethnic fissures. I specifically said retain the soldiers and lower level officers and select high level officers.

Imprison, hang or chase out of the country every other Army officer involved in supporting treason and leaders like Bajwa and Munir.

The Iraqi Army was also set up

There won’t be mutiny.

What might happen is some Corp Commanders grouping and telling the Chief, your time is up. And then a new Chief will be selected.

For that to happen, the public would need to come out in big numbers. That point has not come yet.
Don't think it will go down like this. One potential outcome (overly optimistic one), if pubic response is massive/overwhelming is that the incumbent will be told by his senior commanders that this situation is untenable and some moderation is needed. Don't think the CoAS would be replaced etc. as that would amount to mutiny and then all bets are off. As our Amreeki friends says, this is a FUBAR situation!

What amazes me is the utterly tone-deaf outlook of the establishment. They remain oblivious to the sentiment on the streets. This is the absolutely mind-boggling part given the ones preaching about fifth-generation warfare for a decade are now oblivious to "sentiment" on the street which is the first gauge to assess fifth-generation threats.

People saying he's calling for suicide bombings.

I think depends on what he's asking to be targeted. I wouldn't mind the news of IG punjab or CM punjab, iykwim
I was asking about forum waala @Imran Khan lol

but yeah, that answers my other query about the real IK and his arrest/detention too

you guys need cooler heads, both the all powerful military brass establishment and the politicians (IK)

this infighting is not serving your country, is type ki political instability and political strife se sabse zyada ghabratey hain big money foreign investors.. ab aapki economy bhi crossfire me aa gai is ladai k chakkar me.

A civilian leadership elected via free and fair elections, without the rigging and fraud enabled by the Pakistan Army, can set up a process of appointing the Army Chief and intel heads.

The ISI head should be a civilian or from the Navy or Air Force and the CJCSC should be from the Navy and Air Force for at least a couple of decades.

Cut this bayghairat Army down to size.

The army needs to be sent back to barracks. This army has become an unsavoury group that seeks control over political proceedings. As long as generals are allowed to interfere and politically engineer nothing with change. You can have another hundred Imran Khan's. Nothing will change. The key to this entire problem is to completely snatch all powers from the armed forces.

Back
Top Bottom