What's new

Our Heroes need their identity back

On this day (July 18, 1935) the brave son of soil, Sqn Ldr Sarfaraz Ahmed Rafiqui (Shaheed) was born. An epitome of leadership and integrity, he carved his name in the annals of air combat during Indo-Pakistan War of 1965.

On 01 Sep 1965, he took down two of 4 intruding enemy Vampire aircraft in a breath-taking dogfight that was cited and accredited even by former IAF officers in their writings. Later, on 06 Sep 1965, he shot down another IAF Hunter aircraft during an epic aerial engagement over Halwara. His guns got jammed during the dogfight, yet he refused to exit the enemy area leaving his formation members. Having been outnumbered in enemy area with no weapons, he embraced Shahadat while providing cover to his formation member.

For this act of utmost bravery and valor, Rafiqui was awarded with Sitara-e-Jurat and Hilal-e-Jurat. The PAF Base at Shorkot was also named after him posthumously as PAF Base, Rafiqui to acknowledge his bravery and ultimate sacrifice for the Nation.

1626611298963.png

1626629520038.png

July-17-2009
12th Shahadat anniversary of Squadron Leader Saud Ghulam Nabi.
May Allah Grant him the highest place in Jannah. Ameen.

Air Commodore Patrick Desmond Callaghan stands next to the wreckage of an Indian Sukhoi Su-7 fighter-bomber, downed over West Pakistan during the 1971 War.

1627563204958.png

The IAF fielded 6 squadrons in total on both fronts, losing 17 in action, including 5 shot down by PAF interceptors.

1627754890247.png

Eric Gordon Hall HJ SJ HI (12 October 1922 – 17 June 1998)
He was a Pakistani fighter and bomber pilot, and former Director-General of the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA). A two-star general in the Pakistan Air Force,

Hall had served as the Vice Chief of Air Staff and was one of the most distinguished pilots belonging to the Christian minority who had participated in all of the major India−Pakistan wars, most notably the First Kashmir War, the Second Kashmir War and the Indo-Pakistani War of 1971.

He had also served as the Director-General of the Pakistan Air Force's Air Force Science Research Laboratories (AFSRL) where he led atomic weapons research efforts as part of Pakistan's nuclear technology project.

11/09/65

1628100098663.png

Cecil Chaudhry, Anwar Shamim and Imtiaz Bhatti photographed after returning from a strike mission targeting the Amritsar Radar Station. the 4-ship section had lost Muniruddin to ack-ack fire.

All four were awarded the Sitara-e-Jurat during the war.

It was a hustling and bustling day on second day of eid in rawalpindi's famous mall,GIGA mall.I too was with family that day.I drifted away from the family and went on my own exploring .I went into a souvenir shop.I went in the shop and started to admired the ambience of the shop.I saw a beautiful army crest and was standing next to it.A gentlemen arrived at the place.He was on a wheelchair , clean shaved , smartly dressed and wearing a cavalry unit cap. He asked me to hand him the crest on the top which was on a cabinet at some height."Thank you young man.",he said in a broken speech.His speech made me curious about him so i striked up a conversation with him. "Are you in the army?", i said just so the conversation would not strike awkward .He looked up to me and said he was. He was patrolling in orakzai agency and lost his speech abilty and his legs. My eyes were filled with utter respect for this man and i had goosebumps.I shook his hand yet the force in his hand and warmness in it conveyed he has a warrior spirit.To this day i am curious who that officer was and what did he accomplish. My last word to that man was thank you for your service.

It was a hustling and bustling day on second day of eid in rawalpindi's famous mall,GIGA mall.I too was with family that day.I drifted away from the family and went on my own exploring .I went into a souvenir shop.I went in the shop and started to admired the ambience of the shop.I saw a beautiful army crest and was standing next to it.A gentlemen arrived at the place.He was on a wheelchair , clean shaved , smartly dressed and wearing a cavalry unit cap. He asked me to hand him the crest on the top which was on a cabinet at some height."Thank you young man.",he said in a broken speech.His speech made me curious about him so i striked up a conversation with him. "Are you in the army?", i said just so the conversation would not strike awkward .He looked up to me and said he was. He was patrolling in orakzai agency and lost his speech abilty and his legs. My eyes were filled with utter respect for this man and i had goosebumps.I shook his hand yet the force in his hand and warmness in it conveyed he has a warrior spirit.To this day i am curious who that officer was and what did he accomplish. My last word to that man was thank you for your service.
this is him at 22:16

1628218974759.png

Two great Delta flyers from Pakistan Airforce
Sir AS Khan & Sir Gulzar Janjua

this is him at 22:16
Qasim Abbas had finished a six-month stint fighting the Taliban close to the Afghan border and was heading home to get engaged when the militants struck, ambushing his convoy, pitching his vehicle off a 90-foot cliff and leaving him with brain injuries that make speaking and walking a daily battle.

Abbas fought with paramilitary special forces in the Orakzai tribal area during the first half of 2010 and was awarded a commendation by Pakistan's army chief for his role in seizing a strategic hilltop.

The tall and lanky former army basketball player grew out his hair and beard during his deployment so he could blend in among the locals in the mountainous region near the Afghan border...

But his luck ran out when he was ambushed as he was leaving Orakzai to meet his future wife.

Qasim Abbas had finished a six-month stint fighting the Taliban close to the Afghan border and was heading home to get engaged when the militants struck, ambushing his convoy, pitching his vehicle off a 90-foot cliff and leaving him with brain injuries that make speaking and walking a daily battle.

Abbas fought with paramilitary special forces in the Orakzai tribal area during the first half of 2010 and was awarded a commendation by Pakistan's army chief for his role in seizing a strategic hilltop.

The tall and lanky former army basketball player grew out his hair and beard during his deployment so he could blend in among the locals in the mountainous region near the Afghan border...

But his luck ran out when he was ambushed as he was leaving Orakzai to meet his future wife.
make a movie on this.

Back
Top Bottom