What's new

Our Heroes need their identity back - Pakistan Army

1635472522346.png

Some pioneering officers of Pakistan Army in the 1950s. Captain Islam Muzammil Khan standing first from right.
Courtesy : Haris Zuberi

1635948381578.png

Major Zahid Bari & Captain Irfan Ahmad, who have sacrificed their life for Mother Earth Pakistan.
Allah says in Quran ‘don’t call them dead but they are alive’ & heaven is their destiny.
Please join us in prayers that May Allah raise their ranks in heaven. Ameen

1636145501274.png

We shall never forget the countless sacrifices of our Martyrs for the defence of the Motherland,

Maj Sahibzada Yaqub Khan (later Lt Gen), as Comdt Governor-General’s Bodyguard, receives the Chinese representative to Pakistan at Karachi, 12 August 1947.

1636149839137.png

Sahabzada Yaqub Khan was a Pakistani statesman, diplomat, military figure, pacifist, linguist, and a retired three-star rank army general in the Pakistan Army.

Born into an Indian nobility, he was educated in England and at the Indian Military College at Dehradun, then the Indian Military Academy and served during World War II as an officer in the 18th K. E. O. Cavalry Regiment of the British Indian Army. After the Partition of India in 1947, he opted for Pakistan and joined Pakistan Army where he participated in the Indo-Pakistani war of 1965.

He was the commander of army's Eastern Command in East Pakistan. He was appointed as Governor of East Pakistan in 1969 and 1971 but recalled to Pakistan after submitting resignation amid civil unrest. In 1973, he joined the Foreign Service and was appointed as Pakistan Ambassador to the United States and later ascended as Foreign Minister, serving under President Zia-ul-Haq in 1982.

His stint as Foreign Minister played a major role in Soviet intervention in Afghanistan (1979–89) and took part in negotiations to end the Contras in Nicaragua (1981–87) on the behalf of the United Nations. In the 1990s, he served as an official of the United Nations for Western Sahara until reappointed as Foreign Minister under Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto. After retiring from diplomatic services in 1997, he spent his remaining years in Islamabad and died in Islamabad in 2016.

late 1971, East Pakistan.

1636299049350.png

Troops offering 'fatiha' at the grave of a Captain of the 27ᵗʰ Baloch, who was killed in action during a counter-insurgency operation on 6ᵗʰ August 1971, near Kushtia. in the months leading up to December, casualties stood at 1,686 killed or missing.

Captain Sabih Abrar Shaheed:
Heroic Story of Supreme Sacrifice

Captain Sabih Abrar Shaheed: Heroic Story of Supreme Sacrifice

Unit:..................................... 20th Baloch Regiment.
Year of Commission:....................... 2015.
Hometown:.................. Kahuta Panyali (Punjab).
Date of Shahadat (Martyrdom):........................... 20 June 2020.
Place of Shahadat: .................................Shaktu Algad (North Waziristan).
Watan Baqi Rahe Ye Zindagi To Ani Jani Hai….
Bas Yehi Allah Ke Sheroo Ke Tarz E Zindagani Hai!

Freedom is not free; someone must pay the price. Freedom price can be paid by blood of young men, serving for our peace. This price was paid by Captain Sabih Abrar Shaheed who embraced shahadat on 20th June 2020. On this day Pakistani army was following a lead of an informant for an IBO.

Captain Sabih Abrar Shaheed got information from one of his informants that most wanted TTP commanders are having meeting at a compound. Captain Sabih Abrar Shaheed without wasting any time asked for go ahead from 2IC, which he rejected as it was not safe. Then Captain Sabih Abrar Shaheed contacted CO although was on leave. He gave permission to go for operation.
Captain Sabih Abrar Shaheed assembled team of 2 JCOs including Sepoy Naveed Akhtar Shadeed with him and went out for operation with very limited ammunition in civil dress.

On arrival Captain Sabih Abrar Shaheed spotted 2 of the wanted TTP commanders name as “Talwar and Gohar”. He wirelessed to his senior officer (Major); I must most wanted commanders in front of me what should I do? He asked him to wait, he is coming with backup. Captain Sabih Abrar Shaheed knew waiting is not an option right now they will miss this chance of hell bounding these commanders. He replied “Sir main wait nai kr sakta ap party ly k phochien aur cobra ko bula lien main aghy bhar rha houn”

As Captain Sabih Abrar Shaheed proceeded with the mission he killed both the commander with headshot and wirelessed back with his final words “Sir dono mary gai hain humien gher liya giya ha ap jaldi krien Pakistan Zindabad”. They were surrounded by unknown number of men. When backup party approached and tried contacting with Captain Sabih Abrar Shaheed and Sepoy Naveed Akhtar. They were completely silent and soon backup party found bodies of both Shuhada. Sepoy Naveed Akhtar Shaheed was shot 7-8 times and Captain Sabih Abrar Shaheed was shot 34 times.
Captain Sabih Abrar Shaheed & Sepoy Naveed Akhtar Shaheed achieved which army was not able to achieve from a long time. Army conducted operation with SSG to get these commanders many times, but they always managed to escape but this time Allah had his plans. The valor of both Shuhada is unmatched and they preferred Pakistan over their lives.

Mother of Captain Sabih Abrar told “He was such an obedient son that I never had to cook because Sabih used to do all cooking when he used to come on leave”. Father Of Captain Sabih Abrar told “I am very proud of my son, he has set an example of bravery for his brothers & cousins” His brother told “I met Sabih bhai in Ramadan , his words were “main nai choro ga talibano ko jaan bhi deni pari main dy doun ga likn main choro ga nai in ko” His cousin told “Sabih Bhai used to call me every time when he used to visit home, let’s go for hunting and we have a lot of memories together”. Every member of his family misses his presence. Truly a story of valor. It is also important to mention Captain Sabih Abrar Shaheed got married 6 months prior to his Shahadat.

His parents wanted him to be an engineer, but he preferred to join the army, followed his passion to server nation as defender and defended till his last breath. He was commissioned by the Pakistan Army in 2015 and participated in various counter-terror operations in South & North Waziristan Agency. He also served in killing mountains of Siachen in his early days of commission.

4th shahadat anniversary of Capt Junaid Hafeez Shaheed Sitara-e-Basalat 128L/C ex 1LCB.
On13 Nov 2017, he embraced Shahadat while fighting bravely against militants. Capt Zain Ali Shaheed 32Med Arty. Capt Jazib Rehman Shaheed 19Lancers.

Nov 13, 2021

1961, Cherat, Peshawar...

General Muhammad Musa Khan
became the Commander-in-Chief of Pakistan Army. These days, formation and training of an elite unit of Pakistan Army, SSG (Special Services Group) was the hottest topic of discussion among all the ranks of Army. It was imminent that among the barren an dry mountains of Cherat in presence of extreme climatic situations; Colonel (later Major General) Abubakr Osman Mitha, shortly pronounced as A.O Mitha is building something marvelous under his supervision. General Musa was also there to verify this impression.

Although the demonstration and training of the commandos was enough to tell that Mitha is building best of his men, but General Musa was keen to find something more fantastic for his knowledge. During his visit, he was taken to a hideout of the training ground, designated for the survival course. Here Musa felt an unpleasant odor in the air. He felt it coming from a nearby clay stove where a soldier was cooking something in his mess tin.

"What are you cooking here?", General asked.

"Sir I am cooking frogs", the soldier replied.

"Oh really? Have you ever eaten one or just trying to impress me?", General asked.

"Sir what if I eat one?", Soldier asked.

"I'll eat two", General replied.

The soldier picked up a frog from the tin and swallowed it. To everyone's wonder, General picked up two frogs and chewed them before swallowing.

Major General Rahim Khan, HJ.

1637081313179.png

GOC of the ad-hoc 39 Infantry Division at Chandpur, he was wounded in an airstrike on 8ᵗʰ December 1971 - evacuated to Akyab, Burma by the 4ᵗʰ Army Avn Sqn, in the early hours of 16ᵗʰ December.
Golden wound stripe is visible.

On this Day, the Kamalpur BOP in East Pakistan is attacked by the Indian 95ᵗʰ Mountain Brigade.
It's defended by a platoon of the 31ˢᵗ Baloch, boosted to company-strength by auxiliaries. the commander, Captain Ahsan "Big 'Stache" Malik .

1637524636012.png

circa 1970-71

1637965713036.png

Commander Eastern Command, Lieutenant General Sahibzada Yaqub on a visit to the 29ᵗʰ Cavalry, at Rangpur.

As an orphan child was raised by aunt & uncle who also died. He had no family. Joined Pakistan Army.
In 1971, defending Jessore, 2 of 3 tanks of his troop destroyed, fought back from burning tank. Killed an Indian Major before Shahadat. His family is Pakistan. Lt Anwer Saeed, SJ.

1637976852349.png

1637976968571.png

Captain Sher Jan Tajik, a 29ᵗʰ Cavalry troop leader whose tanks were in direct support of 4ᵗʰ FFR's 'D' Coy at Hilli.

Then he was just a 21 years old Lt, his troop was embroiled in relentless combat till 14ᵗʰ December, claiming several enemy tanks in battle.

He was awarded the Sitara-e-Jurat.

1638199148328.png

Back
Top Bottom