What's new

Our Heroes need their identity back - Pakistan Army

Havaldar Lalak Jan was serving in Northern Light Infantry Regiment when skirmishes broke out in Kargil. He volunteered himself to be deployed on the front positions located at the jagged peak in May 1999.

Sohail Ahmed

@sohailahmedsa

·
Jul 7

Havaldar Lalak Jan repulsed back many aggressive ventures by the enemy and imposed colossal losses on them. On 7 July 1999, Havildar Lalak Jan sustained serious injuries as enemies pounded the area with heavy mortar shells.

But despite being injured, he retained his position & frustrated the Indian assault. Due to severe injuries, he embraced martyrdom and was graciously awarded the Nishan-e-Haider for his bravery & his will to attack and defeat the enemy at all costs.

The martyrdom anniversary of Havaldar Lalak Jan Shaheed is being observed today with pledges of sparing no efforts for defending the frontiers of the country. He was awarded Nishan-e-Haider for his dauntless #courage and devotion during the Kargil War in 1999.

DG ISPR

@OfficialDGISPR

·
Jul 6

Nation pays homage 2 Havaldar Lalak Jan; NH, who laid his life defending motherland against hy odds in most challenging battlefield environment during Kargil conflict on 7 July 99. His fortitude & selflessness will keep inspiring the indomitable defenders of Pak 4 times 2 come.

https://twitter.com/hannan021

As an orphan, was raised by aunt & uncle who also died. He had no family. Joined Pakistan Army. In 1971, defending Jessore, 2 of his 3 tanks were destroyed. He fought back from burning tank. Killed an Indian Major before Shahadat. He is Lt Anwer Saeed, SJ. His family is Pakistan.

1630501894281.png

OTD Acting Lance Daffadar Ghulam Mehdi Khan of the 11ᵗʰ Cavalry makes the ultimate sacrifice as the Pakistani offensive, codenamed Operation Grand Slam (a reference to bridge, the card game) is underway.
He was awarded the Tamgha-e-Jurat.

1630670992310.png

1630671052249.png

With Chhamb secured by the morning of 2ⁿᵈ September 1965, Phase-II of Operation Grand Slam commenced; the 10ᵗʰ Infantry Brigade supported by the 13ᵗʰ Lancers was ordered to advance towards a defensive line along Troti-Jaurian, held by the Indian 41ˢᵗ Mountain Brigade..

1630697130972.png

"Know your Heros"

Major Abdul Rehman Ghazi the Prime Minister's war-injured ADC. He was injured twice, first in an IED blast and then in a Sniper ambush at Miran Shah in the year 2014 ...

1630712563463.png

Major Muneer Khan Orakzai of the 12ᵗʰ FFR, a 'Recon and Support' battalion operating in Chhamb-Jaurian during Operation Grand Slam.

Charlie Company commander in the 7ᵗʰ Infantry Division's integral R&S unit, he was killed in action on 5ᵗʰ September 1965, when hit by enemy anti-tank rifle fire near the Fatwal Ridge, 4 miles from Akhnoor.

1630866218119.png

Sepoy Niaz Badshah of the Sutlej Rangers - killed in action on 6ᵗʰ September 1965, at the Bedian sector.
He was awarded the Sitara-e-Jurat.

1630931615655.png

06/09/1965

Subedar Fazal Gul, commanding a Zhob Militia platoon at Chand Tekri, aka the Raja Post, makes the ultimate sacrifice while facing an Indian attack in battalion strength, inflicting heavy casualties on the 2ⁿᵈ Sikh before the post fell.

He was awarded the Sitara-e-Jurat.

1630958131214.png

General Musa Khan (CNC) decorating Col. Shafaqat Hussain Baloch (then Major) for his brave command at Hudyara Drain sector, Lahore.
Date: Oct. 1965

1631065597096.png

A captured Indian Tank.
Date: 1965

1631066195832.png

Today we remember, Lieutenant Colonel Sahibzad Gul Sitara-e-Jurat 6 Lancers (DCO)

1631103427776.png

9 September 1965 Valtoha, Tarn Taran remains the only commandant of a pakistani armoured regiment to have fallen in battle.

"11 Pakistani Soldiers Who Sacrificed Their Lives & Won Nishan-e-Haider"

1631212337167.png

The Nishan e Haider literally means “Symbol of the Lion” & is awarded to those who show utmost gallantry on the face of war. Moreover, Haider is the Sobriquet of Hazrat Ali (A.S), who in Islamic scripture is called the LION, the most chivalrous fighter & leader of the Muslims ...

Let me introduce you with the first two martyrs of war against terrorism.
They were martyred on 25 June 2002 at Waziristan.

Captain Naeem Tufail Shaheed (Wana, South Waziristan)
Major Rizwan Ahmad Shaheed (Khaza Penga, South Waziristan)

OTD at the Lahore Front, an artillery shell lands near OC 'A' Company 17ᵗʰ Punjab, Major Raja Aziz Bhatti, who is mortally wounded. for his role in a well fought delaying battle in and around village Barki, he is awarded the Nishan-e-Haider.
Seated second from left in photo.

1631448042253.png

Do not recall me. I don’t want to go back. I will shed the last drop of my blood in the defence of my dear homeland.
Nations live through the sacrifices of their heroes. They guard us with their blood and sweat that we may sleep in peace and comfort.

12th September the martyrdom anniversary of Major Raja Aziz Bhatti Shaheed NH

Hundreds of books have been written on 1965 war but one of the brightest chapters among those is that of Major Raja Aziz Bhatti Shaheed. Major Bhatti was a staff officer in Pakistan army when the war of 1965 war broke out. He had been commissioned into the Pakistan army in 1950 to the Punjab Regiment.

Being posted in Burki area of Lahore, Major Aziz Bhatti had a huge responsibility on his shoulders and that was of securing Lahore, the most important border city of the country.

Shelling was going on from the other side but despite the odds, Bhatti decided to move his platoon forward. Indian tanks and artillery continued to fire but the brave major continued to move his troops forward. Major Bhatti resisted the Indian army continuously for 5 days and 5 nights without sleeping for a moment. He was stationed at one of the most strategic outposts of Lahore, defending the BRB canal.

Despite the threat, Major raja Aziz Bhatti remained on the front while leading his team and kept his platoon informed about the moves of the enemy. For this purpose, he had to place himself on a higher position as the enemy tanks and artillery continued firing. Major Bhatti was exposed to the firing of the enemy and though he tried his best to counter Indian moves, he was hit by an enemy shell in the chest and embraced martyrdom on 12 September 1965.

Before getting martyred, Major Aziz Bhatti Shaheed was given a message that he needed to get some rest and that his replacement was going to arrive soon but he responded, “Do not recall me. I don’t want to go back. I will shed the last drop of my blood in the defence of my dear homeland”.

To honour his services in the 1965 war, Major Raja Aziz Bhatti Shaheed was awarded the highest military award of Pakistan i.e. Nishan-e-Haider. He is buried at his local village Ladian in Punjab.

1631448735614.png

BKSlPtN_

Major Aziz Bhatti:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom