What's new

Our Friends and our Enemies...

Neptune

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
I'll post the list upon my special analyst to answer the questions such as who's Turkey's allies/enemies. Based on Economy, Military, Defence Co-Op, friendship...etc. Here we go'

Turkey's Allies:
(Based on Military, Defence Co-op, Economics)

In terms of Economy:

1- RUSSIA, (no doubt the Rurskies take the first place. Just because of the economic relations they lifted the visa, there are very few countries that Russia had lift the visas)

2- GCC Countries, (Turkey's exports are mainly to Arabic nations firstly Iraq, KSA and Jordan)

3- Germany

In terms of Defence Industry/Co-op:

1- UNITED STATES (no doubt again, today we own the rights of producing F-16 and F-35 in the future, and as of 2013 Turkey had recieved the software codes of Fighting Falcon. Which we started to integrate our own software called ÖZGÜR which's firstly tested with Phantoms. Not to mention other cooperations at naval/land systems)

2- South Korea (T-155, Altay...etc. Are the results of their great openness)

3- the Netherlands, Italy, (when thinking of the T-129, Thales SMART-S, and Atılgan PMADS which we gave ToT to the Dutch)

4- Pakistan, (MLU upgrade for F-16s and GENESIS-I upgrade for PN's perrys. The sales of Turkish Howitzer and BORA heavy sniper rifle)

P.S I'd put Israel at the 2nd when thinking of Peace Eagle AWACS, Merkava Mk3 (cancelled), Heron (cancelled), Officer exchangement (cancelled), Sabra, Arrow-2's participation to T-LORADMIS (cancelled) and many more. But the current relations heavily hurt the relations.

In terms of Military:

1- NATO (Op. Enduring Freedom, Op. Ocean Shield, Op. Active Fencd...and if we enlarge it 1-US, 2-Italy/Spain, 3- UK/the Netherlands)

2- Azerbaijan (relations are very close as expected, not to mention the Joint Battalion at Baku)

3- Pakistan/Saudi Arabia (PAK: mil. relations were always warm with the brotherly nation, HVKK and PAF has an officer exchangement program. KSA: relations are newly formed, and very close co-op is expected in the near future)

Turkey's Enemies:

In terms of Politics/Military:

1-ARMENIA/GREECE/IRAN (as usual historical rivalry)

2- Syria: number one. even for TAF, they're officially declared as hostile. Thanks to AKP

3- Egypt, (just recently bought enemy. Thanks to AKP again)

Turkey's Friends/Brothers

I think it'd be disrespectful if I list our friends/brother with numbers so I'll post them randomly.

South Korea: since the great sacrifece and heroism of Turkish Brigade at the Korean War, Turkey had become a brother for SK. And SK is the only non-muslim majorty that we see as a brother

Northern Cyprus and Azerbaijan, i don't count them as friends or brothers. Because for me they're from the Republic of Turkey, they are us.

Pakistan, i don't that I should explain it to you. But being the only muslim nation to help us out in WW.1 and the great love between our nations

KSA, Jordan, Afghanistan are also brotherly nations for Turkey.

Other than that classification, Turkey hasn't much big relations to talk about with some nations such as South Africa, India, Japan, UK, Brazil. But it'd be our benefit to strengt the relations.

That's all, please share yours. This thread is open for discussions.

P.S Please don't come to me with such crap, "How can Zionist...bla" or "your anti-muslim/your anti-west" or "we don't have anyone".

NPT.

Pakistan, i don't that I should explain it to you. But being the only muslim nation to help us out in WW.1

actually dude you should replace Pakistan with India here since not only was Pakistan then part of India but also Father of Pakistan (Jinnah) and the organisation which created Pakistan (Muslim League) strongly opposed Khilafat Movement while Father of Present day India (Gandhi) along with his organisation ( Indian National Congress which is still biggest political party in India) actively participated in it.

Does Turkey have any economic cooperation with the PA in the West Bank? I know they support some humanitarian causes here in the Gaza Strip although I'm not positive about a monthly donation coming here. I've recently been trying to find financial source to the Strip besides the ones I already know.

It would be nice to see exports from here going to Turkey but the situation is tough here. We don't have a state status, nor much exporting rights or resources.

actually dude you should replace Pakistan with India here since not only was Pakistan then part of India but also Father of Pakistan (Jinnah) and the organisation which created Pakistan (Muslim League) strongly opposed Khilafat Movement while Father of Present day India (Gandhi) along with his organisation ( Indian National Congress which is still biggest political party in India) actively participated in it.

On the contrary Jinnah opposed the Khilafat Movement because he didn't believe in the Caliphate whereas he supported Turkey & was at the forefront of telling the British to keep their Promise when it came to Turkey !

In addition to that Iqbal, Maulana Johar Ali, Maulana Shaukat Ali & most other Muslim Leaders supported the Khilafat Movement - Most of them later joined the Muslim League or were a part of the Muslim League (like Agha Khan, Iqbal & others) & supported the Pakistan Movement !

The only two notables from the Congress were Abul Kalam Azad & Gandhi & even Azad lamented the way in which Gandhi pulled the plug on the Khilafat Movement & saw it degenerate into nothing !

At any rate all of this wasn't a part of the Khilafat Movement in addition to this many teams went from here to Turkey for Medical & Otherwise Aid to the Turks !

read @Armstrong post.. besides read abt Jinnahs n other muslim league leaders support n the local muslims support to turkey,money,doctors,soldiers etc... what do u have to show? the only thing Jinnah opposed was gandhis suggestions tht muslims move to (foriegn) islamic countries n become passive etc.

@Neptune what abt genesis C,MTRP-33s,interest in buying T-129 and co-operation on other defence projects ....etc ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Ghandi withdrew his support of Khilafat Movement when it was almost at peak.....with the excuse of "Ahinsa"

I would put Russia as an enemy, simply because of (a) historical confrontations, (b) NATO, (c) the Karabağ issue

I would put Russia as an enemy, simply because of (a) historical confrontations, (b) NATO, (c) the Karabağ issue

Right.. just because they lifted the visa doesn't make them our allies.

Our Major Export markets:
Germany (8.6%); Iraq (7.1%); Iran (6.5%); UK (5.7%); UAE (5.4%); Russia (4.4%) (2012)

And I will cross Germany from allies list as they are the major opposer to Turkeys membership in EU.

I don't think just the reason of good economic relations will put any country in our allies list.

Does Turkey have any economic cooperation with the PA in the West Bank? I know they support some humanitarian causes here in the Gaza Strip although I'm not positive about a monthly donation coming here. I've recently been trying to find financial source to the Strip besides the ones I already know.

It would be nice to see exports from here going to Turkey but the situation is tough here. We don't have a state status, nor much exporting rights or resources.

Some info about political and economical relations between Turkey and Palestine

Turkey-Palestine Economic and Trade Relations / Rep. of Turkey Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Turkey´s Political Relations with the Palestinian National Authority / Rep. of Turkey Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Right.. just because they lifted the visa doesn't make them our allies.

Our Major Export markets:
Germany (8.6%); Iraq (7.1%); Iran (6.5%); UK (5.7%); UAE (5.4%); Russia (4.4%) (2012)

And I will cross Germany from allies list as they are the major opposer to Turkeys membership in EU.

I don't think just the reason of good economic relations will put any country in our allies list.

Ofcourse when you are in Turkey yourself it becomes too easy to declare any country as enemy or ally (Bekara kari bosamak kolay)

dont get me wrong they are no allies for sure but if you would like to take into account the 3 million Turkish immigrants living there then you have to consider their interests and safety aswell, thats the main important reason why you have to be patient with them eventhough opposing EU membership and supporting pkk.

Ofcourse when you are in Turkey yourself it becomes too easy to declare any country as enemy or ally (Bekara kari bosamak kolay)

As you see i didn't declare them as enemies, i only said that they are not allies that's it.

dont get me wrong they are no allies for sure but if you would like to take into account the 3 million Turkish immigrants living there then you have to consider their interests and safety aswell, thats the main important reason why you have to be patient with them eventhough opposing EU membership and supporting pkk.

Most of the Turkish immigrants are integrated well. Of course Turkey will always monitor their interests and safety but the country that they are living in is responsible for this. And i don't think for example Germany; Even if the relations with Germany goes sour. Nothing will happen to Turks who are living there, am i right ?

@Sinan

As you see i didn't declare them as enemies, i only said that they are not allies that's it.

Okay thank you

Most of the Turkish immigrants are integrated well.

Doesn't matter, a Turk will remain Turk unless you have been completely assimilated.

Of course Turkey will always monitor their interests and safety but the country that they are living in is responsible for this. And i don't think for example Germany; Even if the relations with Germany goes sour. Nothing will happen to Turks who are living there, am i right ?

That's what you assume and i dont mean they will go Bashar Assad on them but there are a thousand ways to wage wars against a people..''tabiri caizse karincayi siker belini incitmeden''

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom