What's new

Our Army of 1.3 million is not to ‘preach peace’, Manohar Parrikar says

Right just as India is behind Taliban(not Pakistan). Just as Osama was hiding in an Indian city not a Pakistani one.

There is a reason why no country in the world takes Pakistan at face value. Its because no one believes in Pakistani concoctions.

What is next, Jews blew up World trade tower?

Lastly, on your last paragraph,which is the only one that is logical. Allow me to tell you that there will be no direct war between India and Pakistan.

Not having peace does not mean war. We will not have peace, but no war either.

And as long as Pakistan wants to continue its jihad sponsoring ways, I see absolutely no reason why GoI should try for peace with Pakistan. The last time, GoI took a breather and the PM visited Pakistan, Pakistan army entered Kargil.

There are experiences galore to learn from for any GoI now. I would vote against any Government that talks of peace while/till-the-time Pakistan continues its behaviour.
What the world thinks and what are facts, can be different.

Instead of trying to actually negate my claims, you seem to simply point towards what the world thinks.

Yes would like test new todays , how they preform and need some target

after 26/11 , we seen your PM/ DM ? Army chief going and begging US and china to stop India and then they themselves claims they were PAK citizens .... to save PAK.......best humiliation for PAK.

lol.....i thank you are new in this field ....... did you know that India has Almost more number of Tanks/ Artillery / Man power in reserves .....

Foget MIG-29 and also Mirage -2000 ( both upgrade) and also Jaguar is going to upgrade... Only Artillery Guns we haven't purchased but we have bought MBRL's upto 100km instead of that...

Well,

A) for PAK , India was didn't and it stopped in 1971 after signing but ,PAK went ahead with Punjab and when failed in punjab then came back to J&K, Now question is , India told the world clearly we talk with PAK in the language which it understand better. In short , now you will see attack on your office in kabul , till now terrorist targeting india office in kabul but not PAK , now PAK will be target, attack on military target coming from Afghan.

B) Sri-Lanka , india supported but when released , it send its own force to defeat it , and sensing defeat then Sir LAnks PM asked India to withdraw and sue to stupidity of SL , the waged for decades.

C) Lol , China blamed PAK for the insurgency in Xinjiang..... lol where you learn all this dream story, contact China embassy , he will tell truth

india won't get benefit with peace with PAK, PAK because don't want peace, we tried in and get kargil / mumbai. PAK also said even kashmir issue solved , Peace with India not possible.

Why should we live in false hope and dream , let become real practical and face it.
This isn't even worth debating, all you're doing is puffing up your chest and saying bad things will happen to Pakistan.

Thats right , But why you begged India to stop firing so that you can take back maggot and insect infected , decomposed dead body of your soldiers for your check post when last firing flared up ??

lol you seriousness was seen in Kargil and also in Mumbai...... Now India has taken a policy of escalation to the level where PAK feel the that much heat so it has to raise White Flag, Now India is talking in the language which PAK understand better.
In other words, India simply isn't serious about peace, and is going to look for any excuse to fight Pakistan, even if Pakistan is innocent.

By the way, it was India that invited Pakistan to a flag meeting and assassinated them. The world saw what happened, and it was a complete blunder of India to the point where India kept changing it's story multiple times.

Ah yes, it was in IOK but not controlled by India, I see, RIP Common sense.

Sure who's making up stories, if they teach this to, I see why you turned out to be such a retard #FeelSorryForYou .

You're wasting your time. This forum is flooded by Indian teenagers who've just discovered the internet. There is only so much comprehension that a baboon is capable of.

the f-6s in 80s were brought from US by pakistani money, but the F-16 pakistan got after 2001 are US aid, which include the block 52. other than that the mill 17 helicoptors, sniper targeting pods. MRAP vehicles, laser targeting systems, A_A missile, laser guided missiles, IFV, laser pointers, NVGs BJs, helmets, M4 rifles, optical gun sights, sniper rifles, anti-submarine aircrafts, etc etc are from US aid.
indian air force never surrender to PAF. are you making your own stores?? don't you know that mig-21 was the main fighter jet which help IAF to gain air supremacy in east Pakistan.

You're too stupid to engage in a debate but I can, however, help fix that itch in your back.

Notable items paid or to be paid for entirely with Pakistani national funds include:

18 new F-16C/D Block 52 Fighting Falcon combat aircraft (valued at $1.43 billion); F-16 armaments including 500 AMRAAM air-to-air missiles; 1,450 2,000-pound bombs; 500 JDAM Tail Kits for gravity bombs; and 1,600 Enhanced Paveway laser-guided kits, also for gravity bombs ($629 million); 100 Harpoon anti-ship missiles ($298 million); 500 Sidewinder air-to-air missiles ($95 million); and six Phalanx Close-In Weapons System naval guns ($80 million).

Source: Congressional Research Service Report dated 26 March 2013.
Print this post out on coarse sandpaper, get off your charpoy, drop your lungi and scratch generously until chaffed and bleeding.

By the way, it was India that invited Pakistan to a flag meeting and assassinated them. The world saw what happened, and it was a complete blunder of India to the point where India kept changing it's story multiple times.

More info on this please. Thanks.

Last edited:
You're wasting your time. This forum is flooded by Indian teenagers who've just discovered the internet. There is only so much comprehension that a baboon is capable of.

You're too stupid to engage in a debate but I can, however, help fix that itch in your back.

Notable items paid or to be paid for entirely with Pakistani national funds include:

18 new F-16C/D Block 52 Fighting Falcon combat aircraft (valued at $1.43 billion); F-16 armaments including 500 AMRAAM air-to-air missiles; 1,450 2,000-pound bombs; 500 JDAM Tail Kits for gravity bombs; and 1,600 Enhanced Paveway laser-guided kits, also for gravity bombs ($629 million); 100 Harpoon anti-ship missiles ($298 million); 500 Sidewinder air-to-air missiles ($95 million); and six Phalanx Close-In Weapons System naval guns ($80 million).

Source: Congressional Research Service Report dated 26 March 2013.
Print this post out on coarse sandpaper, get off your charpoy, drop your lungi and scratch generously until chaffed and bleeding.

More info on this please. Thanks.

At least they know the reality, its better to know your mistakes so you can correct them.

What the world thinks and what are facts, can be different.

Instead of trying to actually negate my claims, you seem to simply point towards what the world thinks.

This isn't even worth debating, all you're doing is puffing up your chest and saying bad things will happen to Pakistan.

In other words, India simply isn't serious about peace, and is going to look for any excuse to fight Pakistan, even if Pakistan is innocent.

And in the end the point remains same.

Why would India want peace with Pakistan when Pakistan still sponsors terrorism.

I presume there has to be a logical answer, striving for peace with an unstable nation that is bent on using non-state actors for terrorism is being daft. Unless you think our government is daft, why would we strive for peace with such a nation?

And in the end the point remains same.

Why would India want peace with Pakistan when Pakistan still sponsors terrorism.

I presume there has to be a logical answer, striving for peace with an unstable nation that is bent on using non-state actors for terrorism is being daft. Unless you think our government is daft, why would we strive for peace with such a nation?
Your point is dumb. I've already answered this multiple times. Your government would be daft to not want peace with it's neighbor, especially if it wants to grow into a global power, and gain regional hegemony. As long as Pakistan remains a thorn at India's side, India will never be able to achieve it's regional goals, nor will it be able to keep Chinese and US influences out.

Your point is dumb. I've already answered this multiple times. Your government would be daft to not want peace with it's neighbor, especially if it wants to grow into a global power, and gain regional hegemony. As long as Pakistan remains a thorn at India's side, India will never be able to achieve it's regional goals, nor will it be able to keep Chinese and US influences out.
India is reconciled to the fact that Pakistan will always be an outpost of foreign influences.

Whether or not India becomes a global power is dependent on India's economy. We have been a poor country and have seen that without economics its hard to be even a regional power.

And as we have repeatedly proved, Pakistan has zero bearing on India's economy. We have had a decade of high growth rate while maintaining hostile relations with Pakistan and are at the start of another decade of even higher growth.

You might have noticed Pakistan is no longer the effective thorn it used to be till a few decades back. It was practically equal in power and a very effective counterweight to India.

However over the last few decades, Pakistan's effectiveness as a thorn has been decreasing very consistently. Therefore Pakistan's ability to be a thorn in India's side keeps diminishing with the increasing economic and military disparity between the two nations.

So I repeat, based on what lofty notions, do you think that India should actually strive for peace with an unstable nation that feels it has some chip on its shoulder and keeps trying to use terrorism against India. A weapon whose effectiveness is also diminishing with time. It is in fact far better to keep Pakistan at an arms length and make sure that India keeps chipping away at Pakistan gradually.

Had we not followed this policy earlier, had GoI sued blindly for peace with Pakistan...Pakistan today would have been a much larger country(BD) and a formidable foe. It was the effectiveness and decisiveness of our government then that today Pakistan is not of that size or capability.

Of course, these cost benefit calculations change the second Pakistan shuns use of non-state actors, but so far there is no evidence that Pakistan wishes to change its way.

India is reconciled to the fact that Pakistan will always be an outpost of foreign influences.
No it isn't. India's actions have shown that it cares deeply about foreign influence in SAARC, which it deems as being it's area of influence.

Whether or not India becomes a global power is dependent on India's economy. We have been a poor country and have seen that without economics its hard to be even a regional power.
Of course.

And as we have repeatedly proved, Pakistan has zero bearing on India's economy. We have had a decade of high growth rate while maintaining hostile relations with Pakistan and are at the start of another decade of even higher growth.
You've proven nothing. Pakistan, before the war on terror, was on par with India, and at times even surpassed India's growth rate. This isn't about economic growth, it's geopolitics, there is a difference.

You might have noticed Pakistan is no longer the effective thorn it used to be till a few decades back. It was practically equal in power and a very effective counterweight to India.

It's still quite effective, otherwise, India's leadership wouldn't be obsessed with Pakistan's military or economic growth so much. India's actions belie your words.

However over the last few decades, Pakistan's effectiveness as a thorn has been decreasing very consistently. Therefore Pakistan's ability to be a thorn in India's side keeps diminishing with the increasing economic and military disparity between the two nations.
No it hasn't. Pakistan's military was never on par with India's, as it has always remained the smaller and less funded military force. It has a defensive doctrine, and has no need to keep par with India in terms of conventional numbers.

You seem to have this idea that Pakistan's military and economy are stagnant, when that's far from the truth. While it's economy is weaker than it used to be, it is finally going back to normal levels, with growth rate projected to hit high levels by 2017 by the IMF (on par with India). It's military is fighting a war and gaining valuable experience, not only that, it is increasingly self-reliant.

So I repeat, based on what lofty notions, do you think that India should actually strive for peace with an unstable nation that feels it has some chip on its shoulder and keeps trying to use terrorism against India. A weapon whose effectiveness is also diminishing with time. It is in fact far better to keep Pakistan at an arms length and make sure that India keeps chipping away at Pakistan gradually.
Pakistan is far from unstable, don't spread useless propaganda. You keep repeating the same useless comment, and I keep having to give you the same logical answer. I'm not going to repeat it, as it's pointless at this point.

The only way India can chip away with Pakistan is with terrorism, which it has been using for a very long time, and Pakistan is still here.

Had we not followed this policy earlier, had GoI sued blindly for peace with Pakistan...Pakistan today would have been a much larger country(BD) and a formidable foe. It was the effectiveness and decisiveness of our government then that today Pakistan is not of that size or capability.
If GoI actually followed a policy of peace, both nations would have been allies, if not friends. Peace has always been in India's hands, not Pakistan's. If India was ever serious about peace, 4 wars would not have occurred.

Of course, these cost benefit calculations change the second Pakistan shuns use of non-state actors, but so far there is no evidence that Pakistan wishes to change its way.
And there is no evidence India will change it's policy of using terrorism as a tool to break nations.

Again, the path to peace is, and has always been in India's hands. It's up to India if it wants to have a friendly Pakistan or not.

By the way, saying that Pakistan will chip away at Pakistan, justifies Pakistan's security policies. You yourself have given Pakistan an excuse to remain hostile with India.

In the end, your entire comment here is pointless, because it doesn't answer anything, and simply repeats pointless propaganda that I've answered multiple times.

A) Worth of debating, you people are wonderful , First asking to the world proof about Khan Network and later said chapter closed not worth of debating, Shouting OBL is not in PAK , after that, not worth of debating. Why you people do accept truth and start to run away. ?

how many people you punished for hiding OBL?

B) Pakistan is innocent ? who says? Kargil is all about peace and Mumbai attack is also about peace. How many people you punished?

C) Wellt his is the Myth created by PAK, why don't PAK ever produced video / photo etc of their border locations , why not they allow to visit their own news person ?

Why story India changes?

Ah yes, it was in IOK but not controlled by India, I see, RIP Common sense.

Check the MAP , India already told it was not manned by India and neither PAK , it was middle point , but Since it has closer proximity to PAK and PAK established base connect to that peak it is not possible to take it without crossing the LOC, If India amy allowed to cross LOC it will take any moment .

In wars we have taken Tiger hill which was Azad Kashmir? didn't it ? Check the MAP first then talk

Nope, before launching the operation area was cleared, and no. Soldiers were sent on foot and carried out nearly 80% of the clear out, the jets only attack IED and explosive factories, but your crappy IA couldn't even do that, and neither could your IAF do much anything against Maoists, a paper power is all that you remain.

Surely this is not an IAF surrendered Gnat?:

Surely this is not an IAF Ouragan:

Sure who's making up stories, if they teach this to, I see why you turned out to be such a retard #FeelSorryForYou .:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

Did you know your PAF was vast superior then IAF , your PAK can fire A2A missiles but IAF can only bullets , then also IAF maintain its edge .

How you feel when your A2A missiles loaded planes was short down by bullets carrying planes? Its like indian Hwak Trainer AC taking down PAF -16 ., and even F-16 takes down Hwak its not anything extraordinary it did, it was supposed to do.

IAF dont do anything against Maoists , go learn something ... rather then cook up your own story.

:omghaha: salute to your common sense
not surprised.... you didn't know about it..... not your fault when your military was signing surrender Document in 71 and PAK people celebrating their victory .......A grand Salute to you.

Well the only thing you can destroy with your current military is smaller nations like Bangladesh Srilanka Nepal.
Any other "Destroying" attempt will get a jaw breaking punch in return from either red side or green :p:

On the other hand Peace is the win win situation. I dont hate india because i have some very dear friends from india from my profession and i love indian movies lolz but crackpots like you need to face reality.
Peace Peace and we can be brother in arms.
Supa Powa bull shit then prepare for consequences :-)
But i know Delhi is ruled by sane sensible people not crack pot "Destroyers" like yourself
So Jai hind for peacefull indian friends :p:
Your kind can go f*** o**
We have seen this kinda a thing from 60's ..... but what happen we break your noise , even when you claimed one muslims equal to 10 soldiers .....

lol Check you Army and ISI First control them , if you want peace , if they control you , you can not get peace. In PAK who has the GUN , runs the PAK. its truth .

A) Worth of debating, you people are wonderful , First asking to the world proof about Khan Network and later said chapter closed not worth of debating, Shouting OBL is not in PAK , after that, not worth of debating. Why you people do accept truth and start to run away. ?

how many people you punished for hiding OBL?

B) Pakistan is innocent ? who says? Kargil is all about peace and Mumbai attack is also about peace. How many people you punished?

C) Wellt his is the Myth created by PAK, why don't PAK ever produced video / photo etc of their border locations , why not they allow to visit their own news person ?

Why story India changes?

Check the MAP , India already told it was not manned by India and neither PAK , it was middle point , but Since it has closer proximity to PAK and PAK established base connect to that peak it is not possible to take it without crossing the LOC, If India amy allowed to cross LOC it will take any moment .

In wars we have taken Tiger hill which was Azad Kashmir? didn't it ? Check the MAP first then talk

Did you know your PAF was vast superior then IAF , your PAK can fire A2A missiles but IAF can only bullets , then also IAF maintain its edge .

How you feel when your A2A missiles loaded planes was short down by bullets carrying planes? Its like indian Hwak Trainer AC taking down PAF -16 ., and even F-16 takes down Hwak its not anything extraordinary it did, it was supposed to do.

IAF dont do anything against Maoists , go learn something ... rather then cook up your own story.

not surprised.... you didn't know about it..... not your fault when your military was signing surrender Document in 71 and PAK people celebrating their victory .......A grand Salute to you.

We have seen this kinda a thing from 60's ..... but what happen we break your noise , even when you claimed one muslims equal to 10 soldiers .....

lol Check you Army and ISI First control them , if you want peace , if they control you , you can not get peace. In PAK who has the GUN , runs the PAK. its truth .
And now you are trolling.
Good Luck :D

INS Khukri????. Surely it was not a part of IN or was it.

INS khukri sink, but it was not at the time of operation Operation Trident and Operation Python.
Nope, before launching the operation area was cleared, and no. Soldiers were sent on foot and carried out nearly 80% of the clear out, the jets only attack IED and explosive factories, but your crappy IA couldn't even do that, and neither could your IAF do much anything against Maoists, a paper power is all that you remain.

so according to you the entair town is an IED manufacturing center.!!!!!???
531c5a4017e0c.jpg

53bec63e0f608.jpg

what kind of brainwashing did your army do to you to believe such kind of lies?? do ever though about the family who lived in those houses when PAF done a carpet bombing??

look man, now you are talking without any knowledge of operation against Maoists. IAF is under strict order not to engage the maoists. IAF choppers are used only for causality evacuation. not for active engagement and army don't even have any role in those operations.
Surely this is not an IAF Ouragan:
scan0001-14.jpg

Sure who's making up stories, if they teach this to, I see why you turned out to be such a retard #FeelSorryForYou .:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

your pics itself is a clear evidence that, that it is a crash landing.
if i'm right then the incident happened in 65 war when indian air force jet suffered damage in an a-a engagement and the pilot crash landed by mistakenly identifying pakistani land as indian territory. that landing was near boder area.

M110 203mm 60
M109 155mm 320
(Both A2 and A5
variants of M109)
SH1 155mm 90
M7 105mm 50
M115 203mm 28
MKEK Panter 155mm 72
M198 155mm 150
M114 155mm 150
M59 155mm 30
T59 130mm 410
T54 122mm 490
T60 122mm 200
M56 105mm 113
D30 122mm 143
Melara M56 105mm 50
M101 105mm 250
T56 85mm 200
QF25 Pounder 88mm 1000

And MRLs
A100E 42
KRL122 40
Azar 52

So Indian total with approx 5380 guns
And Pakistan Totals with 3278 guns

Wow i am a real day dreamer lolz. Thats a real HUGE edge over Pakistan armed forces i should say i am scared.
Lolz
On topic thats not even twice the numbers :p:

lol,y ou even counted phased out Guns in your active gun , what man, real dreamer . M7- 105mm - 50nos is being phased out already.

I said main guns, let tell now, real figure ( Active indian Guns) + reserve day dreamer which make the hell out of you lol

203mm PAK - 60+28= 88 Vs India - 0
180mm PAK - 0 Vs India - 100
155mm PAK - =320+90+72+150+150+30 = 812 Vs India = 119+200+180 = 499 ( production started)
130mm PAK - 410 Vs India - =550+100 = 650
122mm PAK -490+200+143=833 Vs India - 110
105mm PAk- 113+50+250 =413 Vs India =350+1700+700+80 = 2,830 ( being upgrade to 130mm)
100mm PAK 0 Vs India - ( 100 in reserve)
85mm PAK - 200 Vs India - 0

88mm PAk -1000 Vs India - 0 ( 800 in reserve)
76 mm PAK - 0 Vs india- 215
75mm PAK -0 Vs India - ( 900 In Reserve )
In Short

upto 100 mm - PAK 1200 Vs India 215 ( 88mm= 800+ 75mm-900 + 100mm =100 nos= 1800 in reserve)
Upto 130mm PAK 1656 Vs India 3590
Upto 200mm PAK 900 Vs India 599

Total = PAK - 3756 Vs India 4,404 (active) + 1800 (reserve) = 6204

MBRL's
300mm - PAK-42 Vs India - 62
214mm Pak- 0 Vs India - 500
122mm - PAK 40+52 = 92 Vs India 150

PAK - 134 Vs India - 600 +

lol,y ou even counted phased out Guns in your active gun , what man, real dreamer . M7- 105mm - 50nos is being phased out already.

I said main guns, let tell now, real figure ( Active indian Guns) + reserve day dreamer which make the hell out of you lol

203mm PAK - 60+28= 88 Vs India - 0
180mm PAK - 0 Vs India - 100
155mm PAK - =320+90+72+150+150+30 = 812 Vs India = 119+200+180 = 499 ( production started)
130mm PAK - 410 Vs India - =550+100 = 650
122mm PAK -490+200+143=833 Vs India - 110
105mm PAk- 113+50+250 =413 Vs India =350+1700+700+80 = 2,830 ( being upgrade to 130mm)
100mm PAK 0 Vs India - ( 100 in reserve)
85mm PAK - 200 Vs India - 0

88mm PAk -1000 Vs India - 0 ( 800 in reserve)
76 mm PAK - 0 Vs india- 215
75mm PAK -0 Vs India - ( 900 In Reserve )
In Short

upto 100 mm - PAK 1200 Vs India 215 ( 88mm= 800+ 75mm-900 + 100mm =100 nos= 1800 in reserve)
Upto 130mm PAK 1656 Vs India 3590
Upto 200mm PAK 900 Vs India 599

Total = PAK - 3756 Vs India 4,404 (active) + 1800 (reserve) = 6204

MBRL's
300mm - PAK-42 Vs India - 62
214mm Pak- 0 Vs India - 500
122mm - PAK 40+52 = 92 Vs India 150

PAK - 134 Vs India - 600 +
Ok i am a day dreamer.
I dont have time to waste on your nonsense. I added up all artillery power both active and reserve. Indian number was also inclusive of reserves.
You are a troll nothing else. And i am done with you. For nutral readers My post is enough to do a sensible analysis.
While jingoes like you from both India and Pakistan need no attention and time wasting. I am done here. Go bother some one else who can match your stupidity.
Cheers. Stay blessed

No it isn't. India's actions have shown that it cares deeply about foreign influence in SAARC, which it deems as being it's area of influence.

Of course.

You've proven nothing. Pakistan, before the war on terror, was on par with India, and at times even surpassed India's growth rate. This isn't about economic growth, it's geopolitics, there is a difference.

It's still quite effective, otherwise, India's leadership wouldn't be obsessed with Pakistan's military or economic growth so much. India's actions belie your words.

No it hasn't. Pakistan's military was never on par with India's, as it has always remained the smaller and less funded military force. It has a defensive doctrine, and has no need to keep par with India in terms of conventional numbers.

You seem to have this idea that Pakistan's military and economy are stagnant, when that's far from the truth. While it's economy is weaker than it used to be, it is finally going back to normal levels, with growth rate projected to hit high levels by 2017 by the IMF (on par with India). It's military is fighting a war and gaining valuable experience, not only that, it is increasingly self-reliant.

Pakistan is far from unstable, don't spread useless propaganda. You keep repeating the same useless comment, and I keep having to give you the same logical answer. I'm not going to repeat it, as it's pointless at this point.

The only way India can chip away with Pakistan is with terrorism, which it has been using for a very long time, and Pakistan is still here.

If GoI actually followed a policy of peace, both nations would have been allies, if not friends. Peace has always been in India's hands, not Pakistan's. If India was ever serious about peace, 4 wars would not have occurred.

And there is no evidence India will change it's policy of using terrorism as a tool to break nations.

Again, the path to peace is, and has always been in India's hands. It's up to India if it wants to have a friendly Pakistan or not.

By the way, saying that Pakistan will chip away at Pakistan, justifies Pakistan's security policies. You yourself have given Pakistan an excuse to remain hostile with India.

In the end, your entire comment here is pointless, because it doesn't answer anything, and simply repeats pointless propaganda that I've answered multiple times.
Allow me to break down your post and refute each point one by one.

First of all, despite the widely acknowledged and reported fact that Musharraf fabricated economic data for Pakistan to show himself in good light - at no point of time in the last decade has Pakistan surpassed India's growth rates. I don't know why some Pakistanis feel otherwise, but pull up any yearly comparison chart for India and Pakistan from any source like ADB,IMF, WB as you like and you will find that Pakistan has not crossed India's growth rates for even one year. I request you to pull up numbers and dont cop out so that you know you were factually wrong.

The point here was that since Pakistan cannot affect India's economy, the only area that really matters above all else, Pakistan's ability to be a thorn is very very limited.

India does care about foreign influence and which is why we are the biggest influence maker in the SAARC region with the only exception of Pakistan. In all the rest of the nations, India is the biggest influence.

The Chinese had managed to string us, but with an effective leadership finally back at our helm, we have practically kicked them out to the extent that Chinese Government in their mouthpeice said that India is the defacto power of South Asia and China should convince India first for any move before it takes other countries(barring Pakistan) along.

Pakistan for a multitude of reasons has close to zero influence in South Asia - yes, even including Sri Lanka. And is simply not capable of being a thorn in India's regional foreign policy.

Your reasoning that India continues to take action against Pakistan somehow mean Pakistan is great in its ability to be a thorn is completely absurd. Pakistan is a regional enemy, and whether it is an effective enemy or not, the GoI will take actions to neutralize that enemy instead of sitting on their collective behinds and ignoring the threat.

If tomorrow Nepal or even Mogadishu starts taking actions against India's interests, our Government and military will respond. This does not mean that the enemy are effective, it just means that we would like to ensure that we injure or debilitate every single opponent of ours whether big or small, whether effective or not. We don't sit in royal courts anymore where the emperor ignores some small enemies to make a point or because he thinks they are beneath them. We live in an age where Governments and Nations are proactive.

Lastly, peace has always been in Pakistan's hands. If Pakistan were serious about peace, it would not have started the tribal invasion of Kashmir right in the 1940's or heck started the second war in 1965. Had Pakistan been a defensive military nation, it would not have invoked war. The onus of peace is on Pakistan solely, not India.

The last time, the Govt of India sued for peace blindly under the guidance of dove's was when Kargil happened. And whether you like it or not, Kargil now symbolizes Pakistani behaviour in India. Therefore, India will never be magnanimous in any deal with Pakistan any more.

Take a hint - India just this month just gave away 10,000 acres of India's territory in Land Boundary settlement which required a special constitutional amendment and thousands of kilometers of maritime sea in a maritime settlement to Bangladesh. By the end of next month (after ratification from 50% of the states of India - a constitutional requirement after Parliamentary ratification), India's dispute on borders with Bangladesh - both land and sea will be over!

Goes to show that India will strive for peace and great relations with every nation in South Asia even at cost to itself apart from Pakistan.

Because we understand Pakistani behaviour and more specifically we understand that Pakistan is a military state and the conundrums that every military faces when they make a state their own.

Therefore, as I said. No Government of India will ever or should ever strive for peace with a country like Pakistan which is close to pathological in its attempt to use non-state actors and terrorism. I will not vote for such a government, and neither will fellow Indians.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom