What's new

Ottoman movies/documentaries

Dude Janissaries were so bad ***, I wish the Turkish special forces of today were named after them. I may be wrong and they are, but if they are not they should be. Also in Pakistan we call our soldiers Sipahis, which is another Turkish unit of soldiers that were very fearsome.

There is a saying that every Turk is born a soldier. And when you look at the past you really understand that saying. Just a couple of quotes from the Korean war:

"I now understand that the vote I gave in favor of assistance to Turkey was the most fitting vote I gave in my life. Courage, bravery and heroism are the greatest virtues which will sooner or later conquer. In this matter, I know no nation superior to the Turks." - Rose - U.S. Senator

"While the Turks were for a long time fighting against the enemy and dying, the British and Americans were withdrawing. The Turks, who were out of ammunition, affixed their bayonets and attacked the enemy and there ensued a terrible hand to hand combat. The Turks succeeded in withdrawing by continuous combat and by carrying their injured comrades on their backs. They paraded at Pyongyang with their heads held high." - G.G. Martin - British Lieutenant General

"The Turks are the hero of heroes. There is no impossibility for the Turkish Brigade." - General Douglas MacArthur - United Nations Forces Commander in Chief

"The surprise of the Korean battles were not the Chinese but the Turks. It is impossible at this moment to find a word to describe the heroism which the Turks have shown in the battles." - Abent Post

"The Turks have shown in Kunuri a heroism worthy of their glorious history. The Turks have gained the admiration of the whole world through their glorious fighting in the battles." - Figaro

"The Turks who have been known throughout history by their courage and decency, have proved that they have kept these characteristics, in the war which the United Nations undertook in Korea." - Burner - U.S. Congressman

These are just quotes from foreign nations. All Turks are aware of the sole fact that Turks are one of the most nationalistic (in a good sense, meaning non-racistic) peoples on earth. These charecteristics are deriven to us from the Ottoman mentality and discipline. Turkey will without any doubt rise to its past glory in a couple of decades (if Allah wills so).

Brigade General Tahsin Yazıcı receiving the Silver Star from Lieutenant General Walton Walker (December 15, 1950)​

General Tahsin Yazici could not speak English whatsoever!

imagine him at that time: "ne der le bu yavsak!" :)

Turco-Russo war scene from the russian war movie ''Turkish Gambit''

Last edited by a moderator:
Ottoman military band

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 AM ----------

@Deno

Battle of Mohacs

Additional Info: Battle lasted significantly longer than two to three hours, and so is one of the shortest-lasting of the history.

Ottoman Empire Documentary

^^ Janissary System at 7:00 - 10:00

So Poor is this Thread.

I don´t have see any 1 Time a Real thing about the Ottomans in this Thread.

Sword Wielding Ceremony of a Ottoman Şehzade (Prince)

orada muaviye ümmetimi diyor ????

Bismişah,
Allah allah,
Hüü,
Yolum yolunuz,
Kolum kolunuz,
Dolum dolunuz,
Dinim dininiz,
Başım yolunuzda,
Canım uğrunuzda,
Malım törenizde kurban,

Dilim tercuman,
Erenlerden ferman,
Tuz,su ekmek gördüm,
Yoldan ayrılırsam tuttuğunuz kılıç boynuma doğrak mürdüm,

Gerçekler demine,
Pir gayretine,
Ya Ali,
Hüü,

Ey muaviye ümmeti,
Ey düşman-ı muhammedi,
Siz küfrani,
Biz şükrani,
Siz bitaraf,
Biz bitaraf, ( gök girsun, kızıl çıksun)

Kendi kılıcımda doğranayım,
Yer gibi kertileyim,
Toprak gibi savrulayım,

Bismişah Allah !

Back
Top Bottom