What's new

OTTOMAN ARMY IN GALLIPOLI (with a Wonderful Song and Pics) Allahu Akbar

All muslim countries are facing same problem! Half of the people are secularist and half of the people are Islamic.... All the countries are stuck in the middle hotchpotch of atheism and Islam..

Secularism does not contradict with Islam. Secularism is something that is included in Islam. What is secularism? Most people think that it is Atheism but that is not the case. Secularism entails you to respect all religions and freedom of an individual to practice any religion within the state. Whereas atheism completely denies the existence of God and says Islam or any other religion has no role to play in state. Some definition of secularism is confused with atheism.

An Islamic state will make its laws according to the quran and sunnah and submit to the authority of god.At the same time it will practice secularism in the sense that all religions will be respected and be given freedom to practice.

Seriously what is your problem. If you dont know that Mustafa Kemal was also ottoman officer. Please keep this nonsense out of here. Majority of Turkey see themself as grandsons of Ottoman empire and we are proud of that.

And i guess you need coffee too.

Grandson of ottoman empire? more like grandson of Zionists empire. WAKE UP! He abolished Otoman empire the Khalifa and installed western kuffer secular system! He erased the name of otoman empire from the newly formed state called Turkey. Didnt he force Muslim women to dress like western women and banned head scarf? Also didnt he banned Islam studies from Turkish schools?

I personally believe Ottoman empire would not exsist today no matter who ruled that part of the region simply because its destruction as well as destruction of Muslim ummah was prophesied by Prophet Mohammed PBUH. If it has been decided that Muslims will be divided then they will be divided no matter what but this does not mean that we should advocate their destruction.

lol south asians still mourn the demise of ottomans. They were thousand miles away from ottomans , embraced Jail protesting against british empire ( Khilafat Movement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. And here some turk hate ottomans. Lol this world is funny...

The irony is that not a single Muslim leaders other then Mullahs supported Khilafa. Iqbal was a die hard Secular ataturk's fan and supported the idea of secular state that would replace dying khalifa.

Grandson of ottoman empire? more like grandson of Zionists empire. WAKE UP! He abolished Otoman empire the Khalifa and installed western kuffer secular system! He erased the name of otoman empire from the newly formed state called Turkey. Didnt he force Muslim women to dress like western women and banned head scarf? Also didnt he banned Islam studies from Turkish schools?

I personally believe Ottoman empire would not exsist today no matter who ruled that part of the region simply because its destruction as well as destruction of Muslim ummah was prophesied by Prophet Mohammed PBUH. If it has been decided that Muslims will be divided then they will be divided no matter what but this does not mean that we should advocate their destruction.

The irony is that not a single Muslim leaders other then Mullahs supported Khilafa. Iqbal was a die hard Secular ataturk's fan and supported the idea of secular state that would replace dying khalifa.

Ataturk was a great, blessed man who strived to turn Turkey from the mess that it was after its independence. Among other things, Ataturk's main objective was to eliminate religious hypocrisy and extremism/reactionism which had divided the Arabs from the Turks. This religious hypocrisy led to many divisions of muslims and eventually led to the Arab rebellion and break up of ottoman empire.

Among other things, Ataturk did the following:

- He made the Grand National Assembly of Turkey render the Qur’an into Turkish.

- He incorporated the Department of Religious Affairs into the state.

- He opened Imam Hatip high schools so that enlightened scholars could be trained.

For more info, I would request you to visit Harun Yahya's "Genuine Kemalism" site: Genuine Kemalism

Ataturk was a great, blessed man who strived to turn Turkey from the mess that it was after its independence. Among other things, Ataturk's main objective was to eliminate religious hypocrisy and extremism/reactionism which had divided the Arabs from the Turks. This religious hypocrisy led to many divisions of muslims and eventually led to the Arab rebellion and break up of ottoman empire.

Among other things, Ataturk did the following:

- He made the Grand National Assembly of Turkey render the Qur’an into Turkish.

- He incorporated the Department of Religious Affairs into the state.

- He opened Imam Hatip high schools so that enlightened scholars could be trained.

For more info, I would request you to visit Harun Yahya's "Genuine Kemalism" site: Genuine Kemalism

Exactly the point! He can not be the grandson or grandchild of Ottoman empire which was based on Islamic principles not western secular ideas!
As for "Enlightened Scholars", it is their job to hold Muslim leaders accountable for their every actions not to glorify him like a god and this idiot Harun Yahya is a nutcase. He believes britney spears and snoop dog are MUSLIMS and even though Ataturk killed Islam in Turkey he glorifies him as if he is some sort of a prophet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBapbMsinpM&feature=fvst

Exactly the point! He can not be the grandson or grandchild of Ottoman empire which was based on Islamic principles not western secular ideas!

Put yourself in his shoes. You have a country in front of yourself where you see "islamic" scholars fighting and dividing people. They already divided the Arabs and took away a big portion of your empire. What you will do now?'

What he did was fully justified and of course Allah knows best. He institutionalized religious institutions so that anything which seeks to divide people cannot be preached. His policies may have seemed harsh in this regard.

Caliph Umar (or was it Uthman, Allah knows best I forgot) collected the snippets of Quran and compiled it after the Prophet (pbuh)'s death. Then he ordered to collect all other compilations of Quran other than the official one and burned them. So, would you say he did a great sin by burning those Qurans? He prevented a possible fitnah arising due to division in the Ummah regarding which version of Quran to follow.

He believes britney spears and snoop dog are MUSLIMS

If you listen to his speech carefully, you will know why he came to such a conclusion.

it was fanatic backwardism which caused Ottomans collapse. Without analysing Devleti Aliyye Osmaniye truely, we may get into a wrong way.

Atatürk was right, Turkey was in 1920's far away from true meaning of Islam. My people were pawns in the hands of corrupt Sheikhs, and Hodjas. M.Kemal Atatürk tried to educate us. And thankfully educated.

Question is: do we use this education in a right path?

And one more thing: Dont push Islam into the throats of people. They mostly would reject it.

Iran did it, young generation are secret atheists. 21 St century youth cannot live like 7th century Arabs.

But uneducated and arragont...

Turks use Cresendant and Star from the times of GokTurks and used before for clan symbols with wolf, horse, eagle, sword and bow...

History lesson: Crescent and star are mesopotamian symbols, later adopted by Persians. Those coins with Crescent and star symbols found in Central Asia, were brought by Sogdiana traders to Gokturks. Turkic symbols are tamgas, you know tamgas?

cannot live like 7th century Arabs.

Nor did the elders force Islam on the 7th Century Arabs. It is due to some bigoted right-wing reactionist scholars due to which such concept as "force Islam down someone's throat" has emerged. Quran makes it quite clear that there is no compulsion in religion and it is only Allah who gives true understanding of religion to someone.

it was fanatic backwardism which caused Ottomans collapse.

Actually, this fanatic backwardism is to be blamed at the 'Islamic' scholars at their time. Ataturk's intention was precisely to control these right-wing zealots.

Nor did the elders force Islam on the 7th Century Arabs. It is due to some bigoted right-wing reactionist scholars due to which such concept as "force Islam down someone's throat" has emerged. Quran makes it quite clear that there is no compulsion in religion and it is only Allah who gives true understanding of religion to someone.

i used to follow the symbolic way of Islam, the image years ago. Then i found myself lost. Maybe because i was young, dunno. Then i interested in tasavvuf, philosophic side of Islam. now i know that true meaning of religion, that is the Discovery of yourself in yourself. That gave me the peace.

unfortunately neither atheists nor dogmatic Muslims can understand this meaning. They are lost in hatred and confusion. They build their livez on Delusion, error.

i used to follow the symbolic way of Islam, the image years ago. Then i found myself lost. Maybe because i was young, dunno. Then i interested in tasavvuf, philosophic side of Islam. now i know that true meaning of religion, that is the Discovery of yourself in yourself. That gave me the peace.

unfortunately neither atheists nor dogmatic Muslims can understand this meaning. They are lost in hatred and confusion. They build their livez on Delusion, error.

Actually, Islam was a philosophy at its beginning. The dogmatic "word-by-word' or symbolic/vacuum interpretation culture was actually a copy of a version of Christianity which appeared in Europe - the Protestant version of Christianity. This version insisted that religious texts must be interpreted text by text and we all have to follow them exactly, otherwise we will go to hell. This culture led to the rise of certain sects within Islam in the early 1800s which insisted that Quran and Hadiths must be interpreted text-by-text, word by word, without realizing the true, inner philosophical meaning behind them.

They are the ones who said drawing all kinds of images are haram, so Science is Haram because it requires drawing things, forgetting the many magnificient medicine books which Muslim scientists before them wrote containing plethora of diagrams and images. Since drawing all images are haram, they cannot buy any book of science written by english scholars which contain images or they will become Kuffar as they are supporting a Kuffar author who draws illegal images. Overall, this culture strongly discouraged artistic, aesthetic, industrial, scientific and technological development in the Islamic world, whose effect can still be felt today that many Muslim countries remain backward.

True words. Like Kemalists worshipped Atatürk, Muslims worshipped Muhammed. But they were just guides for us to improve us in the path to reach/seek the unknown. Human being should not limit himself/herself with statues, doctrines. Always should seek the truth.

I am really ashamed of to say that, and i really dont want to offend anybody on this forum but just look at the Muslim world, Muslim countries now..And look at their situation..If you look from a true window, you will see that Ataturk was absouletly right

that's what hurts us,
these fools are ignorant about their glorious past and respect.
attitude that they are showing is loosing their respect in our eyes....
it's mean our love for turks has no me.
either we are fool or they are ignorant....

Ummah syndrome? What is so glorious about their past that they should feel proud of? No scientific achievements, no great thinkers or philosophers but just the loot and plunder that went on for few hundred years in a small part of"kafir" Europe is enough to make a nation proud? Just taking away a grandiose city by force from those who had built it from scratch in a span of one thousand years should be enough to feel proud, a city that was a reflection of its builder's intellect, passion and hard work? Sorry dude, a small nation of Greeks has given so much to this world in terms of knowledge that all the hordes of Turks who were chased out of their abodes in central Asia by hunger and poverty can't even imagine in their wildest dream, just one small work of Plato holds far more greater value than all the combine contribution of Turks in the fileds science or philosophy. I am not trying to berate a people here, but the Muslims should change this kind of mentality and instead of taking pride in loot and plunder they should now strive to contribute positively and work hard for the betterment of humanity.

@porus spoken like a true Greek my friend :)

No, we have a glorious past. Although it was primitive in art, Ottoman Empire have breeded some of worlds best scholars and architects. But none of them could analyze the effects of French revolution. After that point even the great power of Ottoman Empire couldnt stand against the stream of nationalism. Just like Rome couldnt' stand against the rising of christianity.

Ottoman Empire was outdated when bastille castle have felt. It only survived to see 19th century but as it refused to change, refused to accept west's teachings it was obvious that it would eventually fall.

Ummah syndrome? What is so glorious about their past that they should feel proud of? No scientific achievements, no great thinkers or philosophers but just the loot and plunder that went on for few hundred years in a small part of"kafir" Europe is enough to make a nation proud? Just taking away a grandiose city by force from those who had built it from scratch in a span of one thousand years should be enough to feel proud, a city that was a reflection of its builder's intellect, passion and hard work? Sorry dude, a small nation of Greeks has given so much to this world in terms of knowledge that all the hordes of Turks who were chased out of their abodes in central Asia by hunger and poverty can't even imagine in their wildest dream, just one small work of Plato holds far more greater value than all the combine contribution of Turks in the fileds science or philosophy. I am not trying to berate a people here, but the Muslims should change this kind of mentality and instead of taking pride in loot and plunder they should now strive to contribute positively and work hard for the betterment of humanity.

Yeah..Greek Pride!! :victory::victory:

Back
Top Bottom