What's new

Osmania University beef festival sparks violence

Can't we make import of beef legal so that would mean no cows are killed in India :enjoy:
Subway in India sells ham subs not beef one's which was shocking for me while I think other major stores don't do this!

bjp guys dont read vedas
Upanishad is interpretation of vedas by ancient sages.
Brihadâranyaka Upanishad
17. Now, in case one wishes, 'That a learned (pandita) daughter be born to me! that she attain the full length of life!'--they two should have rice boiled with sesame and should eat it prepared with ghee. They two are likely to beget [her].

A. Now, in case one wishes, 'That a son, learned, famed, a frequenter of council-assemblies, a speaker of discourse desired to be heard, be born to me! that he be able to repeat all the Vedas! that he attain the full length of life!'--they two should have rice boiled with meat and should eat it prepared with ghee. They two are likely to beget [him], with meat, either veal or beef.

Refer section Chapter 6 17 A
The Upanishads, Part 2 (SBE15): Brihadâranyaka Upanishad: VI, 4: Hume Translation

whoever says dalits loves to eat beef ,is a liar and a cheat.

In my own observation ,i have not met any hindu dalit consuming cow meat.Not in Odisha , Bihar and up north.

I know its different in south india especially kerela. Its rare in andhara pradesh and karnataka .I'm not taking about liberal Hindus who like to experiment with different kinds of food and find a beef as a delicacy.

All this gibberish about beef has been a "dalit food" is idiotic and mischievous . While common dalit folk is a staunch hindu and as castiest as other hindu castes ,some ultra dalit activists e,g the likes of Kancha Iliyiah ,a have been work hard to denigrate hindu religion and its customs in every way possible manner. Their endeavour is backed by all kinds of anti nationals ranging from foreign Missionaries to Maoists to enemy countries who wants see India weakened. This latest condemnable attempt to demand Beef as item in the hostel menu can seen as part the same heinous campaign.

This is tragic.

You are in step, but the rest of the world is out of step.

whoever says dalits loves to eat beef ,is a liar and a cheat.

In my own observation ,i have not met any hindu dalit consuming cow meat.Not in Odisha , Bihar and up north.

I know its different in south india especially kerela. Its rare in andhara pradesh and karnataka .I'm not taking about liberal Hindus who like to experiment with different kinds of food and find a beef as a delicacy.

All this gibberish about beef has been a "dalit food" is idiotic and mischievous . While common dalit folk is a staunch hindu and as castiest as other hindu castes ,some ultra dalit activists e,g the likes of Kancha Iliyiah ,a have been work hard to denigrate hindu religion and its customs in every way possible manner. Their endeavour is backed by all kinds of anti nationals ranging from foreign Missionaries to Maoists to enemy countries who wants see India weakened. This latest condemnable attempt to demand Beef as item in the hostel menu can seen as part the same heinous campaign.

The south indian hindu who hates secular traitor yet boasts about havin a sikh girlfriend??:rofl::rofl:

6jj6o7.gif

She is jatt,not sikh.

And you will remember in turn, Sir, that this has been going on for centuries, it is nothing new. If the shrines at Tirupati, Sabrimala and Rameswaram not only survived but flourished, there seems to be no reason for anyone to draw himself up with the prim outrage of a spinster pinched on the derriere and start intoning maledictions.

Put a sock in it, please.

These shrines did survives because some people who believed in its dharmic philosophy stood their ground,fought tooth and nail, made supreme sacrifices and didn't vacillate in front of the threat of death, murderous force of torture and coercion , humiliation and even at offer of glittering inducements. Otherwise the marvelous shrines would have turned in to sites archaeological ruins of yester years similar to whats found in South America, Africa or Afghanistan , Pakistan.

Making sadist taunts in colorful languages is beneath you , a person of age, knowledge and experience ,but we never know.

Upanishad is interpretation of vedas by ancient sages.
Brihadâranyaka Upanishad
Refer section Chapter 6 17 A
The Upanishads, Part 2 (SBE15): Brihadâranyaka Upanishad: VI, 4: Hume Translation

This is what happens when you let Western half baked idiots transalate our sacred works.

Not only the Vedas are against animal slaughter but also vehemently oppose and prohibit cow slaughter.Yajurveda forbids killing of cows, for they provide energizing food for human beings
———————————
Ghrtam duhaanaamaditim janaayaagne maa himsiheeh
Yajurveda 13.49
Do not kill cows and bulls who always deserve to be protected.
—————————————-
Aare gohaa nrhaa vadho vo astu
Rigveda 7.56.17
In Rigveda cow slaughter has been declared a heinous crime equivalent to human murder and it has been said that those who commits this crime should be punished.
—————————————–
Sooyavasaad bhagavatee hi bhooyaa atho vayam bhagvantah syaama
Addhi trnamaghnye vishwadaaneem piba shuddhamudakamaacharantee

Rigveda 1.164.40 or Atharv 7.73.11 or Atharv 9.10.20
The Aghnya cows – which are not to be killed under any circumstances– may keep themselves healthy by use of pure water and green grass, so that we may be endowed with virtues, knowledge and wealth.
—————————————
The Vedic Lexicon, Nighantu, gives amongst other synonyms of Gau[ or cow] the words Aghnya. Ahi, and Aditi. Yaska the commentator on Nighantu, defines these as-
Aghnya the one that ought not to be killed
Ahi the one that must not be slaughtered.
Aditi the one that ought not to be cut into pieces.
These three names of cow signify that the animal ought not to be put to tortures. These words appear frequently throughout the Vedas in context of the cow.
——————————————–
Aghnyeyam saa vardhataam mahate soubhagaaya
Rigveda 1.164.27
Cow – The aghnya – brings us health and prosperity

Suprapaanam Bhavatvaghnyaayaah
Rigveda 5.83.8
There should be excellent facility for pure water for Aghnya Cow

Yah paurusheyena kravishaa samankte yo ashwena pashunaa yaatudhaanah
Yo aghnyaayaa bharati ksheeramagne teshaam sheershaani harasaapi vrishcha

Rigveda 10.87.16
Those who feed on human, horse or animal flesh and those who destroy milk-giving Aghnya cows should be severely punished.

Vimucchyadhvamaghnyaa devayaanaa aganma
Yajurveda 12.73
The Aghnya cows and bulls bring you prosperity

Maa gaamanaagaamaditim vadhishta
Rigveda 8.101.15
Do not kill the cow. Cow is innocent and aditi – that ought not to be cut into pieces

-Credit warriorextreme.

The main problem for me is the infiltration of left wing and right wing in universities. They create trouble, get involved in violence, bring a bad name to university, play as cheap goons to other politicians and divert away students from what they are supposed to do.

Osmania is too politically charged, students need to think about their career more.

The beef festival should be a national affair in India, it will help desensitize people to something as ridiculous as getting offended over some other person eating something.

While you have many great idea for India, we would love for you to start the charity at home.

Frankly, we think India is far more tolerant than almost any Islamic country. We may not be perfect but then we are not meant to be.

So appreciate you to try and improve conditions at home and other Islamic countries like Saudi. May be make them first start giving religious freedom and security to other Islamic sects and slowly increase it to non Muslims over a few centuries.

At this point, the credibility quotient is a bit less, even if the intentions were pure (which again is a big question). ;)

I am saying the same thing.

Sell Satanic Verses in Pakistan. Let those who want to read it, read it. Others can choose to ignore it.

This is a nonsensical example to say the least, from what i understand, unlike the likes of Satanic Verses in Pakistan, Beef is not exactly forbidden in India. People are allowed to consume Beef but at their own risk....it's like saying, you can have my car, but i am not giving it to you. Bottom line is, you are not only being hypocrite to your own society but foolishly suggesting on to the others as well.

India tells West to stop eating beef - Telegraph

This is a nonsensical example to say the least, from what i understand, unlike the likes of Satanic Verses in Pakistan, Beef is not exactly forbidden in India. People are allowed to consume Beef but at their own risk....it's like saying, you can have my car, but i am not giving it to you. Bottom line is, you are not only being hypocrite to your own society but foolishly suggesting on to the others as well.

I an not talking about legalities,moralities,nothing: but just extending the logic of Asim Aquil - those who want do it, others ignore it. Let's see how well he receives his own advice.

It would be good if you read the post to which I replied rather than come as a bolt out of the blue.

Only the last four words of your post are useful.

For the rest, these grandmother's tales are worth nothing. Recount historical facts with some substance and backing, and I, and everyone else, will listen with full attention.

Your reference to my age, knowledge and experience is self-serving. Have you ever been swayed by reason and logic, and the application of such knowledge as I have? If not, using it to try and put me on a pedestal, and silence me, tells its own tale. Don't bother. Leave the crocodile tears for a more deserving beneficiary.

These shrines did survives because some people who believed in its dharmic philosophy stood their ground,fought tooth and nail, made supreme sacrifices and didn't vacillate in front of the threat of death, murderous force of torture and coercion , humiliation and even at offer of glittering inducements. Otherwise the marvelous shrines would have turned in to sites archaeological ruins of yester years similar to whats found in South America, Africa or Afghanistan , Pakistan.

Making sadist taunts in colorful languages is beneath you , a person of age, knowledge and experience ,but we never know.

Back
Top Bottom