What's new

Osmania University beef festival sparks violence

The ban on Rushdie's book is adhoc, ban on beef is an act of the legislature. A classic example of the tyranny of the majority.

What???

A ban is a ban is a ban based on the principle of communal harmony, your absolutely pathetic attempt to look for a ''difference'' is really desperate.

BTW there's a legislative ban on alcohol in Gujarat, this severely hampers the alcohol drinking rituals of shiva worshippers. However that ban is not for communal harmony but for honoring Gandhi.

My point is that all those being anal here should drink moderately.

What happened to "unity in diversity" no tolerance for beef eating Muslims?

lies, lies more lies, beef was banned in india much before satanic verses, the only reason beef is banned in india cuz hindus are scared tht muslims might become physically strong to hindus as beef is a very good source of protein.

Really a joke of the century, i cannot really belive this :rofl: what else can you expect from a facist country with no brains ?

Attention non-indian forumers & lurkers[/B] if people can be sent to prison for 10 years just for consumption of beef, what is this & how worse can it really get??

If this is not facism what is facism ? i stand by my assertions india is facist country Perio]d.

Epic ,made my day :P :P

The Rushdie fiasco at best is an act of window dressing. A real comparable ban would be any book that offends the Muslim folks. Well we all know its going to be a cold day in hell before that happens.

The Rushdie fiasco at best is an act of window dressing. A real comparable ban would be any book that offends the Muslim folks. Well we all know its going to be a cold day in hell before that happens.
WTF you want to say s*** styrer spit it out, which books you are talking about.

why ban beef then ? even boar/pig is a god in hinduism why not ban it?

eating one god & banning other god is hypocricy on part of hinduism to say the least.

Then these people complain others of insulting Islam and Islamophobia!

We may choose to respond sometimes and that sets their a**e on fire. ;)

BTW, I am sure the think tank will have no issues with such posts. They simply fail to cross the filter.

Speaking of Hyderabadi, I for one find their biryani highly overrated man. Heard so much about it and found it incredibly dry and ordinary (that famous place which has a big chain). Prefer biryanis of our Pune joints like George or Blue Nile or Grand Darbar much more.

On my way home I grabbed some mutton. Ironically the place had only Indian meats from desi selections (the Australian and Kiwi ones are famous here too, but other than being super expensive they sort of smell for desi foods. You can probably make steaks.

So I made my masalaydaar Biryani - only to realize I didn't have any chawal in the house. So now it'll be resumed tomorrow.

Why is this being made a Hindu Muslim issue. This is a Dalit group that organised the Beef "festival" not muslims.

At the same time, Muslims don't have a problem if someone wants to eat pork. Just that they themselves don't eat pork. You wan't see any Muslim group going around preventing or stopping others from eating pork.

And Islam is not defined by eating beef. It is stupid to say that eating beef makes someone a "good" muslim.
Infact, prophet Muhammed (SAW) hardly had meat in his entire life and never had beef even though it was permitted. This about that.

The beef festival should be a national affair in India, it will help desensitize people to something as ridiculous as getting offended over some other person eating something.

Satanic Verses should be introduced as standard curriculum for 10th grade all over Pakistan. It will help people getting desensitized over getting mortally offended over something trivial as a some words that may (or may not) allude to their prophet or his wife..

Now don't tell me how that book is bad or is blasphemous or how I, a Hindu, will not understand the gravity of the matter - because you are guilty of the same charge.

A violent clash just because of BEEF festival!!!! :rofl: and the beauty is students are fighting over it.. :yahoo: now I bet India is not going to be a developed country atleast not in this centuary.

India govt should ban all the right wing groups and should kill each and every member of the group even if the population comes to certain millions. these guys dont really care about the religion or caste or the country they just make others fight and they enjoy the show. the common man is loosing everything his livelyhood, resources, time just for some $hit words from some A$$hole.

A violent clash just because of BEEF festival!!!! :rofl: and the beauty is students are fighting over it.. :yahoo: now I bet India is not going to be a developed country atleast not in this centuary.

India govt should ban all the right wing groups and should kill each and every member of the group even if the population comes to certain millions. these guys dont really care about the religion or caste or the country they just make others fight and they enjoy the show. the common man is loosing everything his livelyhood, resources, time just for some $hit words from some A$$hole.

When students get involved in such issues the hope for a bright future of the country collapse same thing happened in Kabul University couple of years ago but it wasn't on beef but on a single 'word' :lol:

Back
Top Bottom