What's new

Option's for PAF ?

PAF should buy nothing now as the IAF already has a big advantage over Pakistan in 4th generation combat aircraft
- 125 for PAF compared to around 370 for IAF. An extra 36 Rafale would not really alter the balance of power that radically.

What the PAF should focus on is saving it's funds to start buying the 5th generation J-31, when China is ready to deliver to PAF from 2020 onwards. This fighter, even if equipped with the WS-13A engine, would totally outclass anything India would possess and a few squadrons would terrify the IAF.
Au contraire my friend, with 144-225 Rafales and 272+ Super MKIs by 2025 all able to fire the Brahmos-A and Brahmos-M and some of the world's most advanced BVR missiles (let's just leave the world-beating FGFA to one side ;) ) no, sensible, PLAAF/PAF air force strategist is going to be having peaceful sleeps.....

They say that quantity has a quality of all its own, well the IAF now has quantity AND quality.

Last edited:
JF-17's and used F-16's. There is no way that China is selling one of its frontline fighters.
There was a news some time back China has offered Pakistan both the J-11 and J-10, later on President Musharf went and sat in the cockpit of a J-10. Some time Later PM signed an agreement to buy 30-50 J-10's. Finally a few months back Defence Minister stated Pakistan has more aircraft then on the inventory, these aircraft are at strategic places.

18 pages already !

UdTfs[1].gif

JF-17's and used F-16's. There is no way that China is selling one of its frontline fighters.
China will sell, particularly to Pakistan (they want to keep India pinned down) but the question is if Pakistan can afford to run them (I'm sure China will offer agreeable terms in terms of the upfront sale) the CAPEX and OPEX budgets of the PAF are incredibly modest so one can pretty much rule out twin-engined heavy fighters (forget about stealth which will always have enormous LCCs) for the PAF for the foreseeable future.

Deal was long in making and PAF had time to counter-think. Not to worry. You will probably see Eurofighter landing in Pakistan.

It goes without saying that world leader's in arms industry see both India and Pakistan as markets. Look what France did to India? They brought them to their terms and Rafale is being sought as fly away bird now. They ensured relationship remains of customer -supplier not that of partners.

If recent deals are any indication, West is readily available to arm Pakistan and yes we do have the money. Just don't ask me how. We do. No one gives you anything for free and we are ordering stuff. Rafale will be matched by PAF with something similar. I'm not worried.

Not to worry. You will probably see Eurofighter landing in Pakistan.
Oh really?

It goes without saying that world leader's in arms industry see both India and Pakistan as markets. Look what France did to India? They brought them to their terms and Rafale is being sought as fly away bird now. They ensured relationship remains of customer -supplier not that of partners.

Incorrect analysis. This purchase of 36 Rafales off the shelf is SEPARATE to the 108 that WILL be made in India and that ARE coming with ToT and all other fringe benefits the order for 36 was simply made to get these birds in the IAF ASAP to address their immediate needs whilst the finalities of the larger deal are worked out properly.

UK defence chiefs have pretty much admitted that if Argentina was to get the J-10B, then this aircraft would be comparable to Euro-fighter and would make the Falklands indefensible.
Oh have they? Or are they simply trying to save their dwindling budgets and scare the politicians who are forcing them to give up their toys?

Oh really?

Incorrect analysis. This purchase of 36 Rafales off the shelf is SEPARATE to the 108 that WILL be made in India and that ARE coming with ToT and all other fringe benefits the order for 36 was simply made to get these birds in the IAF ASAP to address their immediate needs whilst the finalities of the larger deal are worked out properly.

Oh have they? Or are they simply trying to save their dwindling budgets and scare the politicians who are forcing them to give up their toys?

India did blinked first! That separate deal wasn't on horizon even with Indian PM in France. Says a lot. French know how to deal with stubborn. They are old player of the game. Welcome to real world.

Basically PAF don't want to use its funds for purchasing J-10s because if they have proper funds then block-3 will be more potent then J-10s in many terms because western AESA, Chinese EODAS with other avionics can end up in JF-17 also PAF can go for some redesign of JF-17 to be stealthy with more composites which will make it very potent for any foe.
This is fantasy stuff man. The only improvements the block II saw over the block ! was the addition of an IFR (and even that not on the first 20 or so units) some new Chinese EW systems (because Western firms blocked the sale of their systems for the JF-17) and a datalink and now you are talking about the block 3 having a EODAS and an AESA radar ?

As it stands the JF-17 block II is about as capable as the very bottom rung of the IAF's firepower ladder- the LCA Mk.1, forget about the LCA Mk.2.

So @Gabriel92 who do you think is going to win the French Ligue 1 this year ? :azn:

PSG, Lyon or Monaco ? :D

I am rooting for Lyon ! :fans:

(Lol,if there's a person to derail a thread... it is @Armstrong !)
My opinion about soccer didn't change since the last time,i don't watch soccer,it isn't interesting to see men who earn millions of €/year running behind a ball and crying because they fell in the ground (lol),do not have the time to... and don't want to watch those who say that France is a shitty country #Zlatan. :D

India did blinked first! That separate deal wasn't on horizon even with Indian PM in France. Says a lot. French know how to deal with stubborn. They are old player of the game. Welcome to real world.
I'll quote you when the second deal for 108 Rafales built in India is signed.

It's quite clear to anyone with a rational outlook that the sign gin of this 36 off the shelf Rafales was the first step in signing the second, larger, deal.

(Lol,if there's a person to derail a thread... it is @Armstrong !)
My opinion about soccer didn't change since the last time,i don't watch soccer,it isn't interesting to see men who earn millions of €/year running behind a ball and crying because they fell in the ground (lol),do not have the time to... and don't want to watch those who say that France is a shitty country #Zlatan. :D

Yes soccer is dumb, soccer fans are even dumber. :tup:

Like I said before what would they have to gain by saying this?

J-10B has not even be brought by Argentina. If Argentina brought the jet in numbers like say 48+, do you think the UK could afford to place more than 12 Eurofighters on Falklands bearing in mind that there just over 100 in total in RAF.

UK defence spending will stabilise around 2% of GDP as the UK simply cannot afford to spend more. Only a threat to the UK mainland would necessitate spending any more.

Like some Chinese experts, they consider the J-10B and Eurofighter as comparable in performance. You can believe what you wish.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom