What's new

OPPORTUNITY - Pentagon suspends weapon deliveries to Iraq, leaving Iraqi F-16 fleet in the air

Iraqi shia politicians are to blame; they want US to pack its bags and exit from the country completely.

Americans sold advanced equipment to Iraq with hope of creating lasting relations with the country. Well...

O yaar,

You know me... I just wish that we sell at least 500 Thunders...

I care not who to... we need to do this so that PAC can become self-sustaining ... and then AZM ...Blk4 Thunder...

We need top brass to engage in AgressiveMilitaryDiplomacy... sell, sell, sell...SELL Thunderz!!!

Thunder = Mig21 of 21st Century

Hi, just wait, we have huge potential to sell in Africa.
We must identify the opportunities and use our energies and resource wisely.
As you see even US is regretting after providing F-16 to Iraq, what ever was US planning behind the curtains. I can only imagine the possibilities, looking at Iraq's relationship in region and as @Windjammer pointed Iraqi foe must be regional ;)

our begged mentality will never change

At least 30% Pakistanis voted on promised change!

Last edited:
Iraqi shia politicians are to blame; they want US to pack its bags and exit from the country completely.

Americans sold advanced equipment to Iraq with hope of creating lasting relations with the country. Well...
Without going into the sectarian strife in Iraq, I would say it has intentionally been fueled to keep Iraq divided along sectarian lines. Once the US withdraws there will be a power vacuum which will be stoked with selective killings and inflammatory speeches. The Sunnis will then rise up as they are already intending to and Iraq will be divided on sectarian lines. The Bulkanization of the amiddle East has started and the cow is being fattened for the slaughter.
Our Rasool Allah SAW said"Woe be to the Arabs for the great evil that is nearly approaching them". In my view His SAW prophecy is coming true now.
May Allah protect us all from the approaching evil. Ameen.
As to the 16s they are now going to be a handicap so best off avoided. Even if you were to ask they would not be sanctioned. Pakistan is in the cross hairs. We should be vary of buying weapons from the West".
A

Last edited:
Without going into the sectarian strife i Iraq, I would say it has intentionally been fueled to keep Iraq divided along sectarian lines. Once the US withdraws there will be a power vacuum which will be stoked with selective killings and inflammatory speeches. The Sunnis will then rise up as they are already intending to and Iraq will be divided on sectarian lines. The Bulkanization ofcthe amiddle East has started and the cow is being fattened for the slaughter.
Our Rasool Allah SAW said"Woe be to the Arabs for the great evil that is nearly approaching them". In my view His SAW prophecy is coming true now.
May Allah protect us all from the approaching evil. Ameen.
As to the 16s they are now going to be a handicap so best off avoided. Even if you were to ask they would not be sanctioned. Pakistan is in the cross hairs. We should be vary of buying weapons from the West".
A
Bro,

Islam encourage Muslims to choose the very best of individuals to lead them. This is not the case in modern times unfortunately.

- Saddam Hussein brought ruin to his people (modern Iraq).

- Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini brought misery to his people (modern Iran).

Those two men exposed much of Islamic bloc to foreign interventions and exploitation in modern times due to their foolish decisions, and are directly as well as indirectly responsible for deaths of many Muslims since the 1980s unfortunately.

Commoners are usually very late to understand the implications of bringing an irrational person to power and/or propping up an irritational regime. Now both Iraq and Iran continue to experience episodes of mass protests against the status-quo in their respective countries.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraqi_protests_(2019–present)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017–18_Iranian_protests

Coming back to the main point:-

Iraqi Shia clerics and politicians are more loyal to Iranian Mullah regime than Iraq itself. Iraqi Sunni and Kurd are increasingly frustrated with this dynamic. Iraqi PMUs should be disbanded and Iraqi military should be in charge of security of the entire country instead.

There are rumors of PLAN - B for Iraq in which Iraqi Sunni and Kurd might join hands to isolate and marginalize Iraqi Shia groups if Iraqi Shia politicians do not take their concerns seriously and try to dictate the course of the country on their own without taking them into confidence first.

FYI: https://www.rudaw.net/english/world/230120202

Iraq is risking SPLINTER otherwise due to ongoing tug-of-war between US and Iran in the region.

Last edited:
Well, we have supplied them with the Super Mashak and they also had a look at the JF-17...so sky is the limit.

Kn66OHV.jpg
Highly possible they will go for JF-17.

It's there own fault for trusting the U.S

Ditch the F16

As good as it can be its worthless if you can't use it
They never trust, they are being forced to initially. The US setup a puppet Iraqi government in the early days after the invasion. F-16 fleet was also forced upon to Iraqi and Iraqi oil are in exchange.

Bro,

Islam encourage Muslims to choose the very best of individuals to lead them. This is not the case in modern times unfortunately.

Those two men exposed much of Islamic bloc to foreign interventions and exploitation in modern times due to their foolish decisions, and are directly as well as indirectly responsible for deaths of many Muslims since the 1980s unfortunately.

Commoners are usually very late to understand the implications of bringing an irrational person to power and/or propping up an irritational regime. Now both Iraq and Iran continue to experience episodes of mass protests against the status-quo in their respective countries.

Iraqi Shia clerics and politicians are more loyal to Iranian Mullah regime than Iraq itself. Iraqi Sunni and Kurd are increasingly frustrated with this dynamic. Iraqi PMUs should be disbanded and Iraqi military should be in charge of security of the entire country instead.

There are rumors of PLAN - B for Iraq in which Iraqi Sunni and Kurd might join hands to isolate and marginalize Iraqi Shia groups if Iraqi Shia politicians do not take their concerns seriously and try to dictate the course of the country on their own without taking them into confidence first.

Iraq is risking SPLINTER otherwise due to ongoing tug-of-war between US and Iran in the region.
Not possible. Shia group in Iraqi are the majority. And their power base in South Iraq are strong.

It's there own fault for trusting the U.S

Ditch the F16

As good as it can be its worthless if you can't use it
Refer back to post # 19 above. Iraqi Shia groups are creating problems for Iraq.

Scores of countries are operating American equipment otherwise. Pakistani F-16 fleet is also operational and well-maintained at present. Of-course, having access to American equipment entails having a working relationship with USA itself, and why is this an issue? Any arms supplier in the world have similar terms.

Not possible. Shia group in Iraqi are the majority. And their power base in South Iraq are strong.
This isn't how things work in Iraq actually. Iraqi Sunni and Kurd have numbers as well when together - their respective concerns cannot go unnoticed. Iraqi parliament have quota system for each sect.

Last edited:
Bro,

Firstly Islam has been put on the back burner as we have plunged headlong into our nationalistic mode. This in its own rights is regarded by some as a form of shirk. I will not delve into it in depth as it will divert us from the topic at hand.
Secondly if you know Iraq and read up its history Iraqis as a nation are very argumentative and rigid. The only time they have towed the line is when they have been dealt with harshly with a stick. I have this first hand from one of the Iraqi Sunni leaders who was part of the negotiating team in Iraq. Saddam had his faults and I would be an idiot to deny them but under Bathist ideology and with firm rule he kept them together as a nation. So much so that Inter ratial marriages were the norm in Iraq. The whole fiasco of involvement of Iraq was dubious at best as Saddam had no inkling of religion till the very end and there was never any convincing evidence of WMDs in Iraq. Once the country was invaded it was prudent to keep the more pliant of the politicians to rule Iraq and the Shias are in majority in Iraq therefore a Shia led govtt. This was where the roots of interracial strife were sown.
I will also like to point out that Khomaini was in France for 22 yrs in exile so who was supporting him and financing him in the interim? As soon as the Shah grew weak on account of age and disease, his downfall was engineered. The Shah himself had no inkling of religion himself and supported the Bahai sect for his own extension of rule.
I still maintain the Iran is the bad Cop in this whole equation and the real emphahsis is on arab nations and to get their money out from them selling them expensive toys which they cannot handle and spoil their leaders by means which are well known. Meanwhile one by one the Arab nations are being picked off and destroyed to ease the situation for the final game.
This in my opinion is the great game for the middle East. Pakistan once it falls will ease the way for the completion of the plan. I will point out that in spite of its power Turkey has been pointedly prevented from acquiring Nuke weapons. This in my view will be detrimental for them in the long term so it has been plied with lots of toys but no nukes.
A

Last edited:
f-16 and sanctions move side by side

Who ever thinks this is a opportunity to pick up extra birds is stupid -- if this article doesn't teach one the reality nothing will.
Only reason PAF F-16s are flying is due to WoT once they pack up and leave, you can bet sanctions will come back and bite.

I'm surprised US was selling weapons to what is essentially an Iranian proxy. o_O
Why surprised? Because US wrongly thought it was still "in the game" in Iraq?

LMAO. Oh well.....more like US traded "Long lasting influence" for the death or 2 generals, 1 Iranian, 1 Iraqi. GOod deal right?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom