What's new

Opinion: Musharraf could've been a caliph but chose to be a jackal.

Even in previous moments when America seemed vulnerable, America reigned supreme. Now however, something appears to be changing. America seems mired, its very ability to rebound is in question. That is due to a new power which has emerged on the world stage to challenge American supremacy—China—with a highly destructive weapon the Soviet Union never possessed "mutually assured economic destruction".

Though China, unlike the Soviet Union, is able to offer a measure of wealth, vibrancy, and technological advancement albeit not yet to the same level as the United States

US still has the largest economy, weapons to destroy the world, the military reach to control it, and the economy to continue growing rich from it. It draws in talented outsiders to study, build businesses, and rejuvenate itself, molding and dragging the world with it as it does, influencing and distorting those who are unable to escape its pull.

Agreed. I don't think anyone really thinks otherwise.

US still has the largest economy, weapons to destroy the world, the military reach to control it, and the economy to continue growing rich from it. It draws in talented outsiders to study, build businesses, and rejuvenate itself, molding and dragging the world with it as it does, influencing and distorting those who are unable to escape its pull.

The real asset that works in USA's favor is the unbound creativity of its people and the systems with checks and balances to convert that energy into new products and services, something that China lacks due to the very core of its communist system. Everything else flows secondarily from those basic foundations.

I asked SheikhDr Haitham Al Haddad what one should do when you encounter an Aalim who talks about subjects which you do not agree with. He said "take whatever good he is passing out to you and ignore what you do not agree with as long as you know yourself to be right". I find this advice to be more logical than the more rigid one of maligning ulema. Dr Israr has revived the interest in the Quran of a whole generation including me and I have immense respect for him and listen to his tafseer to this day and wipl continie to do so to my dying day. As to his association with Peace TV Dr Zakir Naik bought 66,000 Rs worth of high quality recordings from his institution and asked his permission to play them on his channel so n9thing wrong there and he continued to preech in Lahore.
Lastly the mo ement to clean the image of Muawia RA WHO HAPPENS TO BE A SAHABI OF MY HADI SAW, was mostly a movement to counter the rise of Pro Shia sentiments post Iran revolution. If you actually listen to the theme of this counter arguments it bases itself on.
A. There is NO comparison between Ali RA and Muawia as he embrased Islam post Mecca conquest
B. We as muslims do not have the right to condemn anyone who is a Sahabi of Rasool Allah SAW as per his SAW commands. Anyone doing so is/worng. However actions can be debated like the appointment of his/son Yazid to the throne( this was the conversion of Khilafa to mulukiat). But they need to remain respectful of Muawia RA position as Sahani no/matter how low in the cadre.
I hope you understand the reasons for my post.
A
I have great respect for you. you hold a special place for me, I agree with taking good things from people.
I will leave it at that because further discussion is out of scope.

The real asset that works in USA's favor is the unbound creativity of its people and the systems with checks and balances to convert that energy into new products and services, something that China lacks due to the very core of its communist system. Everything else flows secondarily from those basic foundations.

Winston Churchill once famously said that "Americans will always do the right thing, only after they have tried everything else". That is one backhanded compliment to America.

Winston Churchill once famously said that "Americans will always do the right thing, only after they have tried everything else". That is one backhanded compliment to America.

I have quoted that many times before, but my statement above was about something else totally, that may understandably elude many here. :D

I have quoted that many times before, but my statement above was about something else totally, that may understandably elude many here. :D
This always echoes in my head when I see all the things which are going wrong for USA (in my humble opinion only)

This always echoes in my head when I see all the things which are going wrong for USA (in my humble opinion only)

Please keep in mind that the same quote also shows relentless efforts to get everything right, in the end. USA never gives up to do whatever it sets its national mind to, and in that is an important characteristic.

Please keep in mind that the same quote also shows relentless efforts to get everything right, in the end. USA never gives up to do whatever it sets its national mind to, and in that is an important characteristic.
USA's political vibrancy matches its economic and military might. Its system and its democratic culture are so deeply rooted that it can always regenerate itself. It is unique among nations and must suffer the agony of this existential struggle in the company of the rest of the world.

USA's political vibrancy matches its economic and military might. Its system and its democratic culture are so deeply rooted that it can always regenerate itself. It is unique among nations and must suffer the agony of this existential struggle in the company of the rest of the world.

In the context of this thread, let me just observe that Gen Musharraf probably made the right choice at that time due to the nature of the request made, backed by the resources behind the choice offered.

In the context of this thread, let me just observe that Gen Musharraf probably made the right choice at that time due to the nature of the request made, backed by the resources behind the choice offered.
Yes you are correct. Pakistan's economy was in total shambles as Gen. found out when he took over. This, one single decision by him helped Pakistan, it's economy and it's image around the world. But later it will went down the drain due to his other erroneous decisions and missteps.

report them

I tried for few years, but than i stopped, when i realized that all the abusive language of tribal comrades is by design.
To tackle such organized abusive onslaught, i improvised as well, i have my own way of striking at their nerve center, but only when they behave unreasonable and the know it.

On the counter side, mafia improvised as well, now they get personal with soft words like stupid, troll, anti- Pakistan, use of patwari is also on lower side or they play with my personal settings, change as it suits to their plans, but as they say in Islamic faith, let them plan......

Having said that, i see since past few months, situation with abusive language has improved to 0.5 on a scale of 10, but if they again try to resort to old game... i'll ping you.

Last edited:
I see that Pakistanis are still divided when it comes to Musharraf.
I remember back in the late 2000s there was this documentary by Exantas,where he was interviewed as well. He made a very impression to me and I liked the guy.

This is a part from the greek documentary. I'm sure you'll understand a lot of stuff going on and recognize a lot of figures from mid-2000s Pakistan

His mistake was to let that Kani Akh Judge go instead of canning him, had he not done that he could have put these black coats (lawyers) in their place. He showed weakness and others jumped when they saw blood in the water.

If I hate anything in this world, it’s Pakistani judges and lawyers. I would rather have Iblis as a companion than a Pakistan Judge/Layer at least that kanjar Iblis had some self respect and honor in him.

I still vividly remember how media run 24 hour propaganda against mush.. It actually convinced me that lawyers and judges were innocent and they could do no harm... How wrong I was.... Media can clearly brainwash your brain if you are not careful...

We all have seen how judicial activism has damaged Pakistan.

History will be kind to mush.
the asked for evidence. The couldnt provide any.

In fact Mullah Omer on record on asking the Americans if this evidence was presented in US courts would they accept it?.

So Taliban instead of sacrificing one man , decided to sacrifice 240,000 innocents and 20 years of Afghanistan, just for the sake of ego and principle ??? Sounds pretty dumb to me.

Last edited:
So Taliban instead of sacrificing one man , decided to sacrifice 240,000 innocents and 20 years of Afghanistan, just for the sake of ego and principle ??? Sounds pretty dumb to me.
Well said man! I heard or read somewhere,that the Taliban would refuse to give him up,saying he was their guest and Pashtun hospitality tradition forced them to protect him etc.

Listen to the interview of former ISI chief General Zia ud Din Butt, if it still exist on social media.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom