What's new

Opinion; Image of the uniform

COMMENT: Military culture

The final component in place in this massive machine is good order and discipline. Minus this component armies become sloppy, unethical, and rogue. Every professional standing army deals with members who show their true colours by defying rules of engagement, violating their oaths by disclosure of state secrets, or the average of the anomalous uniformed rapist. These things happen because the military draws from the human pool. The shock should never be that these things happen. There should only be a sense of shock when they are not dealt with swiftly, dispassionately and if need be, in brutal military manner.

So where is the evidence that would suggest that the Pakistan Army has NOT become sloppy, unethical, and rogue? There is already a well-justified sense of shock because problems are not being dealt with swiftly, dispassionately and in brutal military manner.

269705_10150253281879243_321784449242_7263255_4520965_n.jpg

Well, let's see:

"We were there for you in 1948, 1965 and 1971."

...by initiating hostilities in 1948, losing 1965, and breaking apart the country in 1971?

"...because we are the real tigers."

LOL! What a childish claim! As if the opposing army is not equally patriotic and motivated towards protecting THEIR beloved land?

".... it is our love for you."

...or is it our love of power, money and influence hiding behind these words? Actions speak far louder.

"... we have been stabbed in the back.."

...then why the hell were you not watching your backsides?

"... we will never let you down..."

.... but you ALREADY have let us down, badly and repeatedly.

What a load of jingoistic, whining bull excreta!

Evidentially, some of us are condemned to self harm.
Did I read somewhere that the Americans never accused their armed forces for the 9/11 fiasco,
Nor did the Indians blamed their Navy when, militants allegedly sailed across the Arabian sea and parked a boat in their heartland.
Neither did the British questioned their security set up for the 7/7 tragedy.
Any wonder the French journalist described the Pakistani Nation as fantastic and frivolous in the same sentence.

Yeah right, best be patriotic about your adopted country, and leave us Pakistanis to worry about our country.

I will be happy to do that, as long as my birthplace is not used as an incubator for international terrorism. Fair enough?

The Image of the uniform.. the JCO, the NCO.. is pristine..
We love them, we would give our blood to them..
The image of the stars on the shoulder ones.. isnt..

I will be happy to do that, as long as my birthplace is not used as an incubator for international terrorism. Fair enough?

And when your "new" country will likewise stop being the imperialistic destroyer of nations, we will stops criticizing your adopted country. Fair enough?

Evidentially, some of us are condemned to self harm.
Did I read somewhere that the Americans never accused their armed forces for the 9/11 fiasco,
Nor did the Indians blamed their Navy when, militants allegedly sailed across the Arabian sea and parked a boat in their heartland.
Neither did the British questioned their security set up for the 7/7 tragedy.
Any wonder the French journalist described the Pakistani Nation as fantastic and frivolous in the same sentence.
Well we didn't blame our Navy because mistakes do happen?

The Image of the uniform.. the JCO, the NCO.. is pristine..
We love them, we would give our blood to them..
The image of the stars on the shoulder ones.. isnt..

Agree absolutely. The rank and file are absolutely blameless. They are dedicated, brave and ready to die for their homeland, and no-one can ask any more of them.

And when your "new" country will likewise stop being the imperialistic destroyer of nations, we will stops criticizing your adopted country. Fair enough?

Please do criticize anything and everything you want. After all, that is an integral part of improvement. It is only when some sacred cows are regarded as being above any criticisms is when downfalls begin.

Yeah right, best be patriotic about your adopted country, and leave us Pakistanis to worry about our country.

Sir,

You know when there are countrymen with your thinking---who needs enemies then.

Please remember---we ain't going anywhere----try to learn to love us and listen to what we say and learn---this support that you are getting in pakistan didnot materialise out of thin air----thousands and thousands of expats have worked hard for that---even though you people have screwed up at every step and at every given oppurtunity---we are still fulfilling our moral obligation to our motherland.

You have enough enemies on your own and of your own to worry about----you really don't need our animosity to compound on the tragedy of your making---because once we turn on our own---there will be no place to run and hide.

There was a time when Pakistan's men in uniform gave divine strength to the people. Rummaging through this forum, I see fissures in sentiments.

Sir,

These fissures in sentiments are for the general staff officers---the ideology, the strategy, the vision, the game planning-----I would go to bat for any and every millitary personale except for the general staff officers---.

if the Army wants to regain its previous respectful status that it enjoyed, its top leadership would require to think like Pakistanis, Behave like Pakistanis, act like Pakistanis...and stop killing Pakistanis... and stop being Amreeki pitho !

so the TTP are pakistanis......and they are killing pakistanis too......easy to make such statements!!!

Back
Top Bottom