What's new

Operations in Dir and Buner

how sure are u that he is not speculating. none of the pakistani media channels have reported any such thing. may be ISI needs to arrest this guy also to find out his soruce:)
i used to wonder y dont we use SSG to get rid of these germs. y not drop SSG and pick up fazlullah from his house:undecided:...
if its true im happy. this will lead to less civilian casualities and obviously less resistance from the locals

he definately sed ssg but i think it was only to clear the town after the bombardment. i also think the SSG wud be good to use cause our army isnt trained for insurgency type warfare. i hope the action spreads to swat im personally not in favor of Islamic law not because if the ideals but more the morons implementing it. anyway this is one source over time it mite get clearer if they were used or not

Full-scale military operation likely in Buner

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

By Delawar Jan

Poor chap's been detained for publishing the details of the Operation in this article. PA wants to know who his source was.

The military needs to get with the editors and managers of the newspapers and channels and set out guidelines for what can be published and what can't.

Set up some sort of a process under which reporting related to military operations is vetted by people in the Army before being published.

Last edited:
he definately sed ssg but i think it was only to clear the town after the bombardment. i also think the SSG wud be good to use cause our army isnt trained for insurgency type warfare. i hope the action spreads to swat im personally not in favor of Islamic law not because if the ideals but more the morons implementing it. anyway this is one source over time it mite get clearer if they were used or not

just wait and ull see this operation gettin extended to swat as well. we had to take ppl in confidence. with NAR we have achieved that. talibans have never been interested in shariah. let ppl see their true face and then see how army crushes them

just wait and ull see this operation gettin extended to swat as well. we had to take ppl in confidence. with NAR we have achieved that. talibans have never been interested in shariah. let ppl see their true face and then see how army crushes them

i h8 the political parties who suppourt Shariah all over pakistan not the proper but the taliban version of it. when the maulanas came to power in peshawar they bought themselves pajeros and all they did was paint womans faces grey on the billboards it was so embarrasing how that was where their priorities were. Anyway i dont no why there has been a sudden change in moods towards the taliban they gave them a free hand b4 this but hey im not complaining :cheers:

i h8 the political parties who suppourt Shariah all over pakistan not the proper but the taliban version of it. when the maulanas came to power in peshawar they bought themselves pajeros and all they did was paint womans faces grey on the billboards it was so embarrasing how that was where their priorities were. Anyway i dont no why there has been a sudden change in moods towards the taliban they gave them a free hand b4 this but hey im not complaining :cheers:

I know, what's with this 'morality police' crap?

Everywhere in the world, these Mullah's have to act against 'fahashi' first.

Forget the fact that destitute parents are selling their children, or that so many cannot get an education or health care or jobs ....

No, whats important for these yahoos is to paint over female images on billboards, ban music and mandate beards!

And people wonder why the Islamic world has stagnated.

I am sorry, I though keeping my wife under a Burka and imprisoned in my house along with my magnificent beard made me an excellent physicist.:crazy:

Pakistani military spokesman Major Gener
Pakistani military spokesman Major General Athar Abbas addresses a news conference in Rawalpindi on April 28, 2009. Pakistan's military have launched an operation in the northwestern town of Buner where Taliban militants were seeking to widen their control. Abbas said the military was trying to eliminate militants from Buner, a town which lies around 75 kilometres (46 miles) south of Swat valley. In February, the government agreed that Islamic sharia law could be enforced in Swat, in deal with militants aimed at ending two years of rebellion. Abbas said between 400 and 500 militants had entered in Buner early this month 'in violation' of the February agreement, and were harassing and terrorising the local population. AFP PHOTO/ Aamir QURESHI (Photo credit should read AAMIR QURESHI/AFP/Getty Images)

Back
Top Bottom