What's new

Operation Zarb-e-Azb | Updates, News & Discussions.

You lack grey matter. Who killed 30-40 soldiers in Zarb e Azb if there are normal civilians on ground only, which if you bother to look, vacated before the start of Operation

And who shows dead bodies to Media? Do you have any common sense left in you, than you would think 100 times before replying to me
They showed the dead bodies of the terrorists who attacked karachi airport didn't they? and who's to say they need to show photographic evidence, bodies are kept in places called morgues, media people can go in and confirm them. theres no need to parade them in front of cameras. I don't question the bravery of the pak army I don't think there telling the whole truth about casualties on the armies side and the civilian side.

They showed the dead bodies of the terrorists who attacked karachi airport didn't they? and who's to say they need to show photographic evidence, bodies are kept in places called morgues, media people can go in and confirm them. theres no need to parade them in front of cameras. I don't question the bravery of the pak army I don't think there telling the whole truth about casualties on the armies side and the civilian side.

Are there any civilians in operational area ?

Civilians? Where? Who? Since actually a million of them have been officially registered in camps until now, so who's left behind and why to come into crossfire?

Idiot, it was the media that got hold of those pics themselves, we didnt give it to them.

So, you want to say that we are just shooting in the air and have displaced a million people from NWA for nothing? Also those soldiers who are dying there are fake?

Like i said earlier, who gives a f**k to what you think.

ZARB-e-AZB: Phony War or Paradigm Shift?

ZARB-e-AZB: Phony War or Paradigm Shift?

Indians have no say in this. They can only make some noise, jump around, and yell. But eventually they will have to just sit down and watch.

This is a very third class article by a third class propagandist. Not worthy of this thread.

How Pakistani military acts is up to PA. They have sanction from government and they will do as they see fit. Other countries can do nothing.

Pakistan has already been blamed for a lot. But we have secured our strategic objectives. Take that!

Casualties that the Army and the FC are taking are being regularly reported. There is no censorship on this as most of the dead and wounded come from the settled areas of Pakistan and with the local media being all pervasive, its not easy to keep such things hidden in Pakistan any longer.

Secondly, this entire operation is being looked upon by many as if the number of casualties inflicted on the militants is the one and only success metric. This is clearly not the case and is certainly not the success criteria that the Army is using to evaluate the operation. The Army actually has no interest in killing each and every one of the militants. If anything it wants these elements displaced from NWA as this was the last major refuge for the anti-state militants in the non-settled areas of Pakistan. By displacing the militants and the turning public opinion against the TTP, the idea is to force the local recruits to realize that their fight has no legs to stand on and in the long run it is better for them to get integrated back to the society and put aside their weapons.

As I have stated before, the entire operation is designed to disrupt and dislocate the TTP. In that the operation has been a success and a major reason for the limited Army casualties, thank goodness, is that most of these elements decided to not fight and moved on to the neighbouring Afghan provinces. The potential always exists that they will conduct raids and acts of terrorism but that is certainly better than these folks sitting around inside of the FATA and disrupting life all over Pakistan at will.

Last edited:
you truly are a stupid individual.

so how on earth does that translate to the bullshit you've just accused me of, you're full of shit
Just because you yapped about praising the Army, you think we dont know what you are up to? You can accuse Pak Army about just anything, starting from killing civilians and exaggerating the number of those killed without any proof, but we cant call you an idiot despite that fact that it is written all over you face and postings?

Strange.

Idiot, it was the media that got hold of those pics themselves, we didnt give it to them.

So, you want to say that we are just shooting in the air and have displaced a million people from NWA for nothing? Also those soldiers who are dying there are fake?

Like i said earlier, who gives a f**k to what you think.
thrilainmanila, The photos were taken during a civilian led and conducted operation. This had nothing to do with the Army.
Secondly, most of the TTP cadres are local Pakistanis from the tribal areas, why would we want to inflame passions and conduct propaganda for the TTP by showing dead militants and reinforcing the point that Pakistani Army is killing locals in the CI operations? Obviously for the parties on the right, this is exactly the content they want to feed to the public and confuse it. Why would the security apparatus want to play into the hands of these fringe groups?

I have been around the IS mess for a while, I have never seen photos being taken of shot up, chewed up and disintegrated bodies of individuals after being exposed to military action. We understand this is a local CI issue and the implications of getting pictures of dead locals hurt more than help.

thrilainmanila, The photos were taken during a civilian led and conducted operation. This had nothing to do with the Army.
Secondly, most of the TTP cadres are local Pakistanis from the tribal areas, why would we want to inflame passions and conduct propaganda for the TTP by showing dead militants and reinforcing the point that Pakistani Army is killing locals in the CI operations? Obviously for the parties on the right, this is exactly the content they want to feed to the public and confuse it. Why would the security apparatus want to play into the hands of these fringe groups?

I have been around the IS mess for a while, I have never seen photos being taken of shot up, chewed up and disintegrated bodies of individuals after being exposed to military action. We understand this is a local CI issue and the implications of getting pictures of dead locals hurt more than help.
The idiot think its a plane crash and not a war, and asks for pics.

BTW, i dont find the same idiot asking IDF for pics of 'terrorists' who they kill on daily basis in Gaza.

Casualties that the Army and the FC are taking is being regularly reported. There is no censorship on this as most of the dead and wounded come from the settled areas of Pakistan and with the local media being all pervasive, its not easy to keep such things hidden in Pakistan any longer.

Secondly, this entire operation is being looked upon by many as if the number of casualties inflicted on the militants is the one and only success metric. This is clearly not the case and is certainly not the success criteria that the Army is using to evaluate the operation. The Army actually has no interest in killing each and every one of the militants. If anything it wants these elements displaced from NWA as this was the last major refuge for the anti-state militants in the non-settled areas of Pakistan. By displacing the militants and the turning public opinion against the TTP, the idea is to force the local recruits to realize that their fight has no legs to stand on and in the long run it is better for them to get integrated back to the society and put aside their weapons.

As I have stated before, the entire operation is designed to disrupt and dislocate the TTP. In that the operation has been a success and a major reason for the limited Army casualties, thank goodness, is that most of these elements decided to not fight and moved on to the neighbouring Afghan provinces. The potential always exists that they will conduct raids and acts of terrorism but that is certainly better than these folks sitting around inside of the FATA and disrupting life all over Pakistan at will.
this is the first sensible post some one has replied to me with and i appreciate what you've said, and there is allot of logic behind what you're saying.But the army has a responsibility to substantiate what they say, allot of people in the media have questioned the damage they've inflicted since they came out weeks ago and admitted the leadership had fled the area well before the operation had started. No senior leaders have been apprehended, i don't believe our army can be that successful for several reason the US and ISAF had limited success at destabilizing the Taliban in Afghanistan in places like kounar, our army has far less capabilities then them, we don't have the precision guided capabilities which they poses on a military level I question how well things are going. the army is using heavy artillery we don't have advanced UAVs or any time of advanced surveillance equipment to be successful in a major operation IMHO.

Ok, here we go. Propaganda starts again. What is it with you Indian folks that you can't stay away from propaganda all the freaking times. Quality threads on here have become a rare sight.
Btw, any military operations is done with utmost secrecy. How many times you've actually seen any results of the US operation that's as sensitive as this. I am not talking about 150,000 soldiers in hundreds of tanks and APC's going to Iraq, I am talking about a strategic key operation. No military shows details of sensitive ops.

Ok, here we go. Propaganda starts again. What is it with you Indian folks that you can't stay away from propaganda all the freaking times. Quality threads on here have become a rare sight.
Btw, any military operations is done with utmost secrecy. How many times you've actually seen any results of the US operation that's as sensitive as this. I am not talking about 150,000 soldiers in hundreds of tanks and APC's going to Iraq, I am talking about a strategic key operation. No military shows details of sensitive ops.
army has a responsibility to substantiate what they say, allot of people in the media have questioned the damage they've inflicted since they came out weeks ago and admitted the leadership had fled the area well before the operation had started. No senior leaders have been apprehended, i don't believe our army can be that successful for several reason the US and ISAF had limited success at destabilizing the Taliban in Afghanistan in places like kounar, our army has far less capabilities then them, we don't have the precision guided capabilities which they poses on a military level I question how well things are going. the army is using heavy artillery we don't have advanced UAVs or any time of advanced surveillance equipment to be successful in a major operation IMHO.

Lots of defamatory articles are around as PA is progressing with Zarb-e-Azb.Mostly published by Indians and picked up by certain Western journalists. The purpose of these articles is to create confusion and divide Pakistani public opinion.

If we sneak peak into past we can come up with this strange cycle of reporting:

* There are safe heavens of terrorist in Waziristan, and Pakistan is harboring terrorist there.
* Pakistan is deliberately not carrying out strikes as these are assets of ISI and all that bullshit of strategic depth.
* Operation is started but they are not targeting Haqqani network who is responsible for attacks in Afghanistan.
* All terrorists have fled already as PA have informed them months in advance.
* It is just a ploy to draw more US aid which will eventually be utilized against India.
* PA is taking huge losses and is hiding causality figures.
* There are no terrorist left in first place so PA has not provided any proof of killing terrorists.

Now its just that whatever Pakistan can do in its capacity to root out terrorism, they will never by happy as problem of them is Pak Army no one else. TTP was created in the first place to destabilize Pakistan. If God forbid we have not got our Army, the condition of Pakistan is no different then Iraq and Syria.

The problem lies with Afghan soil, from where these all groups originated in first place. Still Kunnar house Fazallulah and Co. Afghan intelligence is supporting them against Pakistan. Indians are no angels. They are crying because there assets are being destroyed in Zarb-e-Azb. Thats the curse of all this hoola-hao being created by these articles.

Indians have no say in this. They can only make some noise, jump around, and yell. But eventually they will have to just sit down and watch.
You are right. Its Pakistan's internal matter and had the terrorists in Pakistan, in past not been inclined to blow themselves up in neighboring countries, India wouldnt even have noticed Zarb-e-azb. But even now, I dont think India wants a say in this. Its like anybody watching an event unfold has a view on it, and the ones with a pen are able to air it publicly. Dont think you can stop that.

This is a very third class article by a third class propagandist. Not worthy of this thread.
Every coin has 2 side.

How Pakistani military acts is up to PA. They have sanction from government and they will do as they see fit. Other countries can do nothing.
No doubt

Pakistan has already been blamed for a lot. But we have secured our strategic objectives. Take that!
This one, I am not too sure of. Its just a temporary respite from world pressure that Pakistan has secured in my view

@Aeronaut can you please take a look at the avatar of @Marwat Khan Lodhi it appears quite offensive.
What's wrong with it. Just curious.

Back
Top Bottom