What's new

Operation Swift Retort by Alan Warnes

Would you ever respect any members on PDF, if someone wont agree with our opinion you always starting to insult/abuse other members here
Now that you are also jumping in this small fued, hope you don’t go pink again bro :lol::lol:

My advice, Stay away:D

Pakistan is lucky the IAF is incompetent and highly fragmented, most are serving special interest groups and not their nation.

dbc - I have been reading this forum for very long, and read your posts for a long time.....I believe you are a knowledgeable member.....
a) lately, I observed that your posts are more inclining towards anti-India....for ex: long back, you said that the crash of c-130 (as well as high crash rate in IAF) is / could be due to high training standards....you said that the crash rates are high because IAF trains hard as if going to war in offensive mode.....recently, you said the same c-130 crash is due to incompetence of IAF, and you are wondering if IAF will crash C-17 due to incompetence. What made you change your opinions?
b) Since you do not belong India or Pak. Please give your opinion for the below:
Question#1) Many pakistanis believe that they shamed IAF (& India) by shooting down an aircraft. I (being an Indian) do not feel any shame at all. Loosing a single aircraft does not say much about the competence or incomptence of an airforce that was built for 70 years. On the contrary, I am proud that finally India has sent combat aircraft across the border.
Question#2) Given that IAF is out-numbered 6:1 and also surprised (credit to PAF for surprise), still Abhinandan went after an F-16 and was shot down. What is there to be ashamed here? He was not shot-down while running away. He was brave to go after a Pak aircraft, and was shot down.
Question#3) Pakistanis claim that India has bombed a tree and killed a crow, and did not bomb any buildings. Do you believe that? French aircraft using Israeli missiles are not even capable of hitting a building? Remember, the same French aircraft + Israeli missiles hit targets with great accuracy during kargill war (while taking care not to cross border. Remember, those targets are on top of very high mountains, and our pilots have to take care of SAMs; PAF etc).
Question#4) How can IAF be so inefficient (as claimed by many folks here)? IAF conducts regular trainings with USAF, French AF, Israeli AF + many other airforces etc. If IAF is indeed inefficient, wouldn't that inefficiency come out when those trainings are conducted?
Question#5) Few years back, there was an airshow conducted in New Hampshire. In that airshow, I asked an American F-16 pilot that "pakistanis claim that they have the best F-16 pilots in this world, Is it true?". He immediately gave a loud laughter. I do believe there will definitely be few great F-16 pilots in PAF? How can they claim that all of PAF pilots are the best? Just like any organization, few will be best pilots, some good pilots....the same theory applies to IAF as well. Don't you agree?
Question#6) Assuming that PAF has shot down MIG-21 & SU-30 (I don't believe SU-30 is shot - It is impossible to hide a falled aircraft in India, given the way the opposition / media in India is), what is so great that PAF has achieved? PAF chose time and place for fight. PAF out-numbered IAF. Is loss of aircraft not normal in combat? Loosing an aircraft does not say that IAF is incompetent? correct?

@jk007
You're about to get a barrage of replies pretty soon. So brace yourself and remember, you asked for it.

Many brave Indians walked down the exact same line, and well we haven't heard from most of 'em - since.

@StormBreaker
man... i just tagged Sir Mastan bcz of his view as I didn't want to steal the credit that PAF could bring the havoc on IA.. now this word war 3 started... @Trailer23

dbc - I have been reading this forum for very long, and read your posts for a long time.....I believe you are a knowledgeable member.....
a) lately, I observed that your posts are more inclining towards anti-India....for ex: long back, you said that the crash of c-130 (as well as high crash rate in IAF) is / could be due to high training standards....you said that the crash rates are high because IAF trains hard as if going to war in offensive mode.....recently, you said the same c-130 crash is due to incompetence of IAF, and you are wondering if IAF will crash C-17 due to incompetence. What made you change your opinions?
b) Since you do not belong India or Pak. Please give your opinion for the below:
Question#1) Many pakistanis believe that they shamed IAF (& India) by shooting down an aircraft. I (being an Indian) do not feel any shame at all. Loosing a single aircraft does not say much about the competence or incomptence of an airforce that was built for 70 years. On the contrary, I am proud that finally India has sent combat aircraft across the border.
Question#2) Given that IAF is out-numbered 6:1 and also surprised (credit to PAF for surprise), still Abhinandan went after an F-16 and was shot down. What is there to be ashamed here? He was not shot-down while running away. He was brave to go after a Pak aircraft, and was shot down.
Question#3) Pakistanis claim that India has bombed a tree and killed a crow, and did not bomb any buildings. Do you believe that? French aircraft using Israeli missiles are not even capable of hitting a building? Remember, the same French aircraft + Israeli missiles hit targets with great accuracy during kargill war (while taking care not to cross border. Remember, those targets are on top of very high mountains, and our pilots have to take care of SAMs; PAF etc).
Question#4) How can IAF be so inefficient (as claimed by many folks here)? IAF conducts regular trainings with USAF, French AF, Israeli AF + many other airforces etc. If IAF is indeed inefficient, wouldn't that inefficiency come out when those trainings are conducted?
Question#5) Few years back, there was an airshow conducted in New Hampshire. In that airshow, I asked an American F-16 pilot that "pakistanis claim that they have the best F-16 pilots in this world, Is it true?". He immediately gave a loud laughter. I do believe there will definitely be few great F-16 pilots in PAF? How can they claim that all of PAF pilots are the best? Just like any organization, few will be best pilots, some good pilots....the same theory applies to IAF as well. Don't you agree?
Question#6) Assuming that PAF has shot down MIG-21 & SU-30 (I don't believe SU-30 is shot - It is impossible to hide a falled aircraft in India, given the way the opposition / media in India is), what is so great that PAF has achieved? PAF chose time and place for fight. PAF out-numbered IAF. Is loss of aircraft not normal in combat? Loosing an aircraft does not say that IAF is incompetent? correct?
Main question is that why you send vintage Mig-21 to intercept, and you're (IAF) well aware that it will face JF-17/F-16 from Pakistan, PAF intercepted your Mirage 2000 at 26 FEB so they drop sipce-2000 bombs in a hurry and leave, after the claims of your killing of 300+ terrorists, there is satellite images from some world top satellite imaging experts from all around the world told the world news media you hit nothing but some trees

Pakistanis claim that India has bombed a tree and killed a crow, and did not bomb any buildings. Do you believe that? French aircraft using Israeli missiles are not even capable of hitting a building? Remember, the same French aircraft + Israeli missiles hit targets with great accuracy during kargill war (while taking care not to cross border.
Would you believe if told you the highly trained IAF brought crystal mazes(holy isreali tech) with them that refused to release among other goof ups. You wouldn't right? Yet its a fact go research and come back to me on this.Thats part of the reason why you dont have video proof like we do. The moral of the story being IAF is human and prone to bad luck sometimes. Every day is not a Sunday. Why is it so hard to believe that IAF goofed up for you. If its possible it can happen. In this case it did. You guys missed. Accept it. Stop looking for circumstancial evidence to soothe your ego. Pakistan on day 1 said we have nothing to do with IAF fratricide. Although they could claim it and IAF wouldn't have even been able to deny. What would IAF say no PA is lying we killed our own men! So I will believe my people on the Su30 kill aswell because of the above example honesty.

Loosing an aircraft does not say that IAF is incompetent? correct?
Doesn't shooting down your own helicopter on a SAR in a red hot zone make IAF incompetent? :D
Forgot about that didn't you !

Simple at first we were told the C-130 crashed during a low level ingress on a practice mission. Post investigation we find out the crash occurred due to wake turbulence. So clearly pilot error, pilot training was the root cause of the accident.

On the contrary, the IAF was forced defensive. The PAF achieved complete air superiority on Feb 27. When you contrast the difference in resources and funding on either side the IAF performance is cause for deep embarrassment.

Surprise? The IAF attacked Pakistan the previous day!! If the PAF response surprised the IAF then the IAF deserves to be disbanded. The IAF can see deep inside Pakistan (Swordfish+ AWACS + Aerostat) so how was Pakistan allowed to out number the IAF? Laughable really!

Because I know how SPICE works, the over pressure would have blown the roof off the building. The IAF lied - crows died.

Because we never show our hand, not even to our NATO allies.

He would have laughed as hard if you asked him if the Red Barron was the better pilot. Never believe anything you hear from a fighter pilot - they are pathological embellishers.

Would you believe if told you the highly trained IAF brought crystal mazes(holy isreali tech) with them that refused to release among other goof ups. You wouldn't right? Yet its a fact go research and come back to me on this.Thats part of the reason why you dont have video proof like we do. The moral of the story being IAF is human and prone to bad luck sometimes. Every day is not a Sunday. Why is it so hard to believe that IAF goofed up for you. If its possible it can happen. In this case it did. You guys missed. Accept it. Stop looking for circumstancial evidence to soothe your ego. Pakistan on day 1 said we have nothing to do with IAF fratricide. Although they could claim it and IAF wouldn't have even been able to deny. What would IAF say no PA is lying we killed our own men! So I will believe my people on the Su30 kill aswell because of the above example honesty.

Doesn't shooting down your own helicopter on a SAR in a red hot zone make IAF incompetent? :D
Forgot about that didn't you !

Assume (just assume) that the entire Indian narrative for Feb-26 & Feb-27 is wrong, and that the entire Pak narrative is 100% correct......(As an Indian) I am still happy - as (a) the inefficiency of IAF is advertised for the current leadership to see. The current Indian leadership will not sit and relax, if the IAF (and other forces) are so incompetent. Heads will (& should) roll. Remember, Ajit Doval is at the top (b) PAF has advertised how good they are and how bad IAF is. All this without changing / achieving anything strategically. The current Indian leadership will have time to fix this. Just like you have respect for your leadership, I have enormous humongous respect on my current Indian leadership (I personally know someone who dealt with Modi. He says that Modi is an extremely hard-working, extremely efficient and no-nonsense leader).

Immediately after Feb-27, Oscar (who I believe is much much knowledgeable) wondered that PAF has given away so much with so little in return. Oscar wondered that IAF will train hard and be ready for next time. If I were a Pakistani, I would wonder about the same.

But, believe me & Trust me, majority of Indians do not want a war with Pak (or any other nation). Our problems are internal. Economy is priority, and we need to achieve 8% growth soon.

Immediately after Feb-27, Oscar (who I believe is much much knowledgeable) wondered that PAF has given away so much with so little in return.
Please explain this why you thinks PAF has given away so little?? if you don't want war with Pakistan then why your govt barking to invade pakistan and take back our part of Kashmir (last year)

I'll respond to Q6 which is kind of loaded with mini-Questions.
[Note: Q1. isn't really a Question, but rather a Statement by you]

Anyways, coming to Q6...

1. You say, "assuming PAF shot down a MiG-21 & a Su-30MKi"
- First off, it isn't an assumption that a MiG-21 was shot. Its a fact, or have you not seen 10ton jet falling from the sky?
- Okay, lets say we respect your opinion that a Su-30MKi wasn't shot down, just like we claimed that a F-16 wasn't shot down by WC Abhi.

Lets recap. You've seen the images of your IAF personnel displaying a blown up Aim-120 (AMRAAM) at a News Conference. Now, could you explain how it ended up in India, after IAF matched the Serial Numbers to Pakistan by the US DoD? It must have hit [something]. By the way, in case you don't know, an Aim-120 doesn't blow up without hitting something. So technically, your guys handed the proof of [something] getting hit on a silver platter.

- The claim of F-16 being shot down. You are welcome to view Alan Warnes inspecting the MiG-21 and all its Missiles intact. Another, you think anyone can hide anything from the Americans? We have US Personnel based in Pakistan monitoring our F-16's. It isn't hard counting 76 Jets (then) - now 75 after the crash of WC Nauman Akram (Shaheed) last month.

- Media in India completely under the control of State. You cross 'em, and you get banned, shut down and or even executed in some cases (Gauri Lankesh).

- Whats so great that PAF achieved, you asked. And you mentioned PAF chose time & place for a fight.

So, only PAF choose time & place for a fight? What were those 20 odd IAF jets for in the early hours of 26th Feb. doing in Pakistan Air Space? Did you not initiate the blow?

Lets see now. After 4 Decades, you guys come in to our Air Space in the middle of the night and drop your payload. Lets say for the sake of argument - and letting you win this round - for the very sake of argument. You guys came in after 04 Decades and catch us off guard and do some damage.

You guys came at nite. What, did you think we'd just sit around and not respond back? I mean, you should've had your guard up for a week (at least)! But, you thought that Pakistan would be a pushover like some of your other neighbors and take a beating. We came during broad daylight the very next day. You know the rest.

- Please don't speak of numbers and how who out numbered who. You know full well how many jets you guys came in with on the 26th, and how many jets were scrambled from Pakistan to intercept them.

It was the exact same scenario - only difference is that our guys showed restraint on the 26th and didn't do something like fall in to a trap because the IAF Mirage 2000's may of been for the Strike, but there were Su-30MKi for cover.

The Pulwama incident took place on 14th Feb & you guys struck us on 26th. You guys had 11 Days to plan. We had less than 24hrs to plan a response.

I'm really not interested in busting IAF's balls on incompetence, but WC Abhinandan didn't cross the LoC because of sheer bravery. He lost communications because of EW, which is why India made a big fuss about the SAAB 2000 (Erieye) being used, when it was actually the DA-20 that did the job.
[India b!tched to the US 'bout F-16's & AMRAAM. When that was a deadend, a couple of weeks later they were knocking on Sweden's door about the usage of the SAAB]. That, I believe was the lowest point for you guys.

And your own Battery Commander shot down a Mi-17 - was it competence that led him to do that?

02 Mirage 2000's declared that they (conveniently) had issues with their Radar and pulled out. Odd to find a Mirage 2000 with a faulty Radar, and oh wait - his Wingman has the exact same faulty Radar. Is the competence by IAF's Engineering/Technical Team or what?

Look, you guys have been celebrating breaking Pakistan in two since 1971. You guys have been celebrating Kargil for 02 Decades now. Fact is, you can't win 'em all - no matter how mighty you may want to present yourself in the International forum, or in your Bollywood Movies.

The IAF was clearly handed on the 27th of Feb. regardless of their so-called achievements the prior day.

Now i've been civil in my replies, but I will end with this thought: The IAF has been kicked in the nuts pretty hard. Now all they gotta do is wait and hope they'll grow back.

But, tell you what you can always watch these promotional videos on the IAF. Great Production. Great Editing. Very Inspiring. Better than any PAF promo i've seen so far, and i'm not kidding. And the best part is, it shows about the heroics of the IAF at Balakot on the 26th of Feb. :-)

I'll respond to Q6 which is kind of loaded with mini-Questions.
[Note: Q1. isn't really a Question, but rather a Statement by you]

Anyways, coming to Q6...

1. You say, "assuming PAF shot down a MiG-21 & a Su-30MKi"
- First off, it isn't an assumption that a MiG-21 was shot. Its a fact, or have you not seen 10ton jet falling from the sky?
- Okay, lets say we respect your opinion that a Su-30MKi wasn't shot down, just like we claimed that a F-16 wasn't shot down by WC Abhi.

Lets recap. You've seen the images of your IAF personnel displaying a blown up Aim-120 (AMRAAM) at a News Conference. Now, could you explain how it ended up in India, after IAF matched the Serial Numbers to Pakistan by the US DoD? It must have hit [something]. By the way, in case you don't know, an Aim-120 doesn't blow up without hitting something. So technically, your guys handed the proof of [something] getting hit on a silver platter.

Ok, maybe, you have a point here. I want an Indian guy (who is knowledgeable) to explain this. I am not that knowledgeable

- The claim of F-16 being shot down. You are welcome to view [I said:
Alan Warnes[/I] inspecting the MiG-21 and all its Missiles intact. Another, you think anyone can hide anything from the Americans? We have US Personnel based in Pakistan monitoring our F-16's. It isn't hard counting 76 Jets (then) - now 75 after the crash of WC Nauman Akram (Shaheed) last month.

If this is true, then I would worry a lot.....because Abhinandan is given an award. Giving an award for a non-existent kill is much much much worse. It shows / starts the degradation of an organization. Any organization / individual that gloats over a non-existent prize will eventually fail.

But I somehow believe that since IAF gave 2nd highest award, there must be some truth of one Pak aircraft going down. I remember Abhinandan never claiming to have shot down an aircraft (correct me if I am wrong). One knowledgeble member in PDF (from Indian side) claimed that IAF believes that there is a 50% chance that Pak aircraft could be bought down by their own SAMs. But since, Abhinandan was the only one in that area, he is given the kill.

- Media in India completely under the control of State. You cross 'em said:
Gauri Lankesh[/I]).
Not at all true. Wrong example. I do not want to elaborate here, as my responses will divert the topic. Also, I know that no Pak member in PDF will believe that. In being misunderstood by others, India is a big big tragedy.....Only USA is anywhere near to similar tragedy.....

- Whats so great that PAF achieved said:
you mentioned[/U] PAF chose time & place for a fight.

So, only PAF choose time & place for a fight? What were those 20 odd IAF jets for in the early hours of 26th Feb. doing in Pakistan Air Space? Did you not initiate the blow?

Lets see now. After 4 Decades, you guys come in to our Air Space in the middle of the night and drop your payload. Lets say for the sake of argument - and letting you win this round - for the very sake of argument. You guys came in after 04 Decades and catch us off guard and do some damage.

You guys came at nite. What, did you think we'd just sit around and not respond back? I mean, you should've had your guard up for a week (at least)! But, you thought that Pakistan would be a pushover like some of your other neighbors and take a beating. We came during broad daylight the very next day. You know the rest.

On the contrary, many people (myself included) think that Pak is no push over. Few years back, I spoke with an Indian Army man. He has respect for the motivation and professionalism of Pak Army. Same motivation and professionalism could be true about PAF.

- Please don't speak of numbers and how [I said:
who out numbered who[/I]. You know full well how many jets you guys came in with on the 26th, and how many jets were scrambled from Pakistan to intercept them.

It was the exact same scenario - only difference is that our guys showed restraint on the 26th and didn't do something like fall in to a trap because the IAF Mirage 2000's may of been for the Strike, but there were Su-30MKi for cover.

The Pulwama incident took place on 14th Feb & you guys struck us on 26th. You guys had 11 Days to plan. We had less than 24hrs to plan a response.

I'm really not interested in busting IAF's balls on incompetence, but WC Abhinandan didn't cross the LoC because of sheer bravery. He lost communications because of EW, which is why India made a big fuss about the SAAB 2000 (Erieye) being used, when it was actually the DA-20 that did the job.
[India b!tched to the US 'bout F-16's & AMRAAM. When that was a deadend, a couple of weeks later they were knocking on Sweden's door about the usage of the SAAB]. That, I believe was the lowest point for you guys.

This is something I need to understand. Waiting for an Indian to explain.

And [U said:
your own[/U] Battery Commander shot down a Mi-17 - was it competence that led him to do that?

02 Mirage 2000's declared that they (conveniently) had issues with their Radar and pulled out. Odd to find a Mirage 2000 with a faulty Radar, and oh wait - his Wingman has the exact same faulty Radar. Is the competence by IAF's Engineering/Technical Team or what?

Look, you guys have been celebrating breaking Pakistan in two since 1971. You guys have been celebrating Kargil for 02 Decades now. Fact is, you can't win 'em all - no matter how mighty you may want to present yourself in the International forum, or in your Bollywood Movies.

I read the formation of Bangladesh in detail. Please accept that Bangladesh is created owing to Pak's own follies + differences (culture; language etc) between east and west pakistan among other reasons. Any leader worth their salt would do what Indira Gandhi did. I do not give her great credit for Bangladesh. Pakistan has to blame themselves for Bangladesh. If interested, please read about Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad's predictions that he did just around 1947. I always tell my friends that he is such a genious. Yet not many know about him. Please do not blame India for Bangladesh. Please read independent sources for ex: blood telegram etc. Currently, I am reading Henry Kissinger's own book (about Banglaesh creation).

The IAF has been kicked in the nuts pretty hard. Now all they gotta do is wait and hope they'll grow back.[/B]

But, tell you what you can always watch these promotional videos on the IAF. Great Production. Great Editing. Very Inspiring. Better than any PAF promo i've seen so far, and i'm not kidding. And the best part is, it shows about the heroics of the IAF at Balakot on the 26th of Feb. :-)

I hope there will be no reasons to cross border any further. As I said - India's problem is economic growth now.

If this is true, then I would worry a lot.....because Abhinandan is given an award. Giving an award for a non-existent kill is much much much worse. It shows / starts the degradation of an organization. Any organization / individual that gloats over a non-existent prize will eventually fail.

But I somehow believe that since IAF gave 2nd highest award, there must be some truth of one Pak aircraft going down. I remember Abhinandan never claiming to have shot down an aircraft (correct me if I am wrong). One knowledgeble member in PDF (from Indian side) claimed that IAF believes that there is a 50% chance that Pak aircraft could be bought down by their own SAMs. But since, Abhinandan was the only one in that area, he is given the kill.
I really, really - truly want to meet the Indian Member on PDF who said anything about a PAF F-16 being shot down by Pakistan's own Military (ARMY/Air Force). That hasn't been explored or exploited by India. I doubt they'd even be dumb enough to even consider that after presenting a Medal to WC Abhinandan. THAT right there would be a clear indication that he didn't do jack shit. And a Pakistani SAM hitting its own F-16 would've gotten far more coverage than India shooting down its own Mi-17. What do you think?

Speaking of Abhinandan... One would image that India's biggest HERO after Tendulkar would be interviewed day & nite 'bout his heroics of taking down PAF's prized bird. But honestly, not a peep out of him in over a year. There is a video of him humbly taking pictures with other IAF Personnel.
[decent of him - I admire that 'cause he isn't showing off]​
But - the Media has covered everyone relating to him from the Janitor to the Air Chief (retd.) B.S.

He had to be awarded. Think about it. A day earlier Arnab Goswami & other Channels were celebrating about teaching Pakistan a lesson & killing 350 Terrorist by flying into Pakistan.

A lil' over 24hrs later the mood changes. We're talking about a population of over a Billion people who hate Pakistan more than anything - including their respective Mother-in-Laws. You gotta make a hero out of someone. They couldn't give a medal to the idiot who shot down the Mi-17. They couldn't give a Medal to a...er...Su-30MKi pilot for doing nothing. Elections were 'round the corner and like it or not, at the time no one truly knew if Congress would win or lose.

Group Captain Kambampati Nachiketa Rao had already been taken a PoW 20 Years ago. And now the Indian public were reliving the same story.

As for our F-16. Jeez. Again. We have US Military based in Pakistan that monitor our F-16 that keep a close eye on our F-16's. Why? The Americans are afraid that we might let the Chinese inspect 'em. Okay?

Not sure if you know who Christine Fair is... Google her. She hates Pakistan more than Indians. If you want, i'll link a video for you to get a clearer picture.

The other points aren't valid:
- about Gauri Lankesh 'cause all videos on YouTube by NDTV, The Quint and others indicate what I claimed. But hey, its not related to Pakistan - so I shit care.

- The formation of Bangladesh is in the past & though Pakistan has to bare the burden - doesn't mean India doesn't enjoy our defeat. We have a Indian PDF Member who has an interesting Avatar which has something relating to it.

the Media has covered everyone relating to him from the Janitor to the Air Chief (retd.) B.S.

Recently watched the interview of Sqn Ldr Minty Aggarwal. She was all smiles and fluent when asked about her role as a ground controller in the conflict. But when asked about Abhinandan shooting down F-16, her face expressions change and she starts to pause in her response and get's cautious. We human beings, our body parts give it away when we are lying.

Back
Top Bottom