What's new

Operation Radd-ul-Fasaad - Updates, News and Discussions.

Guessing the analysts have begun to read the captured intel from Afghanistan.

The AIr Force bought them not the Army. They used (if they are) Burraqs and Shahpar II.
Nope. The army bought CH4Bs. And Shahpar isn’t an armed drone, the Air Force bought WL-1 and WL-2. Which are not active in the region.

Plus, any IBO can have drone cover over it
This is ideally how the drones should be used to minimise risk of Collateral Damage. I remember saying something like this in another thread. Have the men on ground 200-300m from site and let them monitor the situation and ultimately call the strike. And take care of the left overs.

The army is definitely using drones (why else would they have bought a large number of CH4Bs
Thing is besides a handful in Bhawalpur you can't really see where they are on Sat images. Especially not near the Western border. They're most probably using those smaller unarmed catapult launched drones instead. I'll check the satellite imagery again to confirm.
The issue here is that these drones aren’t available for 24/7 patrolling to the FC who are the ones that often get ambushed (at this point I don’t care if they’re army drones or not, they should just start flying them over FC convoys without asking because the FC doesn’t seem to be getting it’s own).
This is the need of the hour, hopefully something is done about it, plus WAMI and route monitoring.

Furthermore drones can be placed some 6 hours before the IBO to monitor groups setting up ambushes and what not to make sure the troops don't walk into a trap.

A captain was martyred and 2 terrorists were killed in Taank, last night.

Captain Sikandar, Jandola, SWTD.
IMG_20210929_162753.jpg

It has not been marketed or confirmed as an armed UAV by GIDS, it’s creator or the armed forces, something which they’ve clearly not had issues doing with other UAVs. It could certainly carry weapons owing to its size but it doesn’t at the moment.
However If you have any source to back up your claims then please do show it. Just reiterating a point doesn’t make it fact.

BBC report.
In addition, Pakistan has a Shahpar 2 drone that can fly for up to 14 hours, and which can also be armed.
Shahpar II wasn't even publically announced until long after it was flying. Burraq was not after 3 years.
Shahpar II has performance approaching (though not mathcing) that of a Reaper.

BBC report.

Shahpar II wasn't even publically announced until long after it was flying. Burraq was not after 3 years.
Shahpar II has performance approaching (though not mathcing) that of a Reaper.
I trust GIDS and Pakistani sources to speak about Shahpar over BBC who know next to nothing about what we have and just go off open sources (that are not accurate themselves). that is to say, you really don’t have a source to back up the claim.
Burraq is presented as an armed drone, with missiles, whenever displayed, why not Shahpar? Why would they market shahpar as a surveillance drone if it’s a UCAV? Because it’s not.

But scratch that, did you just say Shahpar has performance approaching reaper? I am sorry but do you know the performance of the reaper?

Let me put it this way, the reaper could carry 8 Shahpar 2s on its external hardpoints and still have space left over for enough additional weapons to carry out a few precision strikes. The Reaper is over 2.5 times the size of Shahpar 2…

Please…do some research.

Last edited:
I trust GIDS and Pakistani sources to speak about Shahpar over BBC who know next to nothing about what we have and just go off open sources (that are not accurate themselves). that is to say, you really don’t have a source to back up the claim.
Burraq is presented as an armed drone, with missiles, whenever displayed, why not Shahpar? Why would they market shahpar as a surveillance drone if it’s a UCAV? Because it’s not.

But scratch that, did you just say Shahpar has performance approaching reaper? I am sorry but do you know the performance of the reaper?

Let me put it this way, the reaper could carry 8 Shahpar 2s on its external hardpoints and still have space left over for enough additional weapons to carry out a few precision strikes. The Reaper is over 2.5 times the size of Shahpar 2…

Please…do some research.
I really thought deeply, before I wrote this Reply. Since you sound like an obnoxious teenager who memorises stuff from Brochures and then uses those in arguments. But I can’t be too mad, I used to be one, going back to the PDF days 20 years ago. Makes me cringe as I enter middle age.
Lets deal with what you wrote one by one, but first let’s dispense with the silliest bit in your post, that a Repaer could carry 8 Shahpar II…no kt can’, it’s not a B52. The Repear has 7 hard points, and it can carry a little under a 1000 kg, total.

1) As far as GIDS is concerned, they don’t have much if any information, they don’t even have a picture in their brochure, just an illistration.
So it’s utterly useless.
2) We don’t know much besides endurance (greater than 14 hours, which incidentally is the USAF numbers for the MQ9) and speed.
No idea as to range, load-out, MTOW. It not even clear what type of engine it has, a turboprop or a powerful piston. Or what kind of additional external fuel it can carry and how much.
3) All we have is OSINT about it being used and a picture from the Pak Day parade and that can be used for extrapolation. It’s clear it’s a big air frame, when compared with its older brother, the Shahpar I or even its cousin Burraq. Using that we can at best guesstimate it’s performance, using the square cube law, it has much more internal volume than the afore mentioned UAVs and using their numbers we can make a guess as to the Shahpar II performance, of,course it’s a guess rather than a firm number.
@Bilal Khan (Quwa) reckons that it’s performance is somewhere between a late model Predator and a Repear and I think that’s a sound guess as any.
When we compare two systems, we compare roles rather than exact minutiae of specificactions, for instance the Blackhawk and Mi17 are often compared, since their roles are similar both are medium lift helicopters even though the Mi17 can carry almost 50 percent more cargo by weight
Shahpar and the Reaper fulfill similar roles and provide similar capabilities, even though the Reaper probably has more advanced specifications.

I really thought deeply, before I wrote this Reply. Since you sound like an obnoxious teenager who memorises stuff from Brochures and then uses those in arguments. But I can’t be too mad, I used to be one, going back to the PDF days 20 years ago. Makes me cringe as I enter middle age.
Lets deal with what you wrote one by one, but first let’s dispense with the silliest bit in your post, that a Repaer could carry 8 Shahpar II…no kt can’, it’s not a B52. The Repear has 7 hard points, and it can carry a little under a 1000 kg, total.

1) As far as GIDS is concerned, they don’t have much if any information, they don’t even have a picture in their brochure, just an illistration.
So it’s utterly useless.
2) We don’t know much besides endurance (greater than 14 hours, which incidentally is the USAF numbers for the MQ9) and speed.
No idea as to range, load-out, MTOW. It not even clear what type of engine it has, a turboprop or a powerful piston. Or what kind of additional external fuel it can carry and how much.
3) All we have is OSINT about it being used and a picture from the Pak Day parade and that can be used for extrapolation. It’s clear it’s a big air frame, when compared with its older brother, the Shahpar I or even its cousin Burraq. Using that we can at best guesstimate it’s performance, using the square cube law, it has much more internal volume than the afore mentioned UAVs and using their numbers we can make a guess as to the Shahpar II performance, of,course it’s a guess rather than a firm number.
@Bilal Khan (Quwa) reckons that it’s performance is somewhere between a late model Predator and a Repear and I think that’s a sound guess as any.
When we compare two systems, we compare roles rather than exact minutiae of specificactions, for instance the Blackhawk and Mi17 are often compared, since their roles are similar both are medium lift helicopters even though the Mi17 can carry almost 50 percent more cargo by weight
Shahpar and the Reaper fulfill similar roles and provide similar capabilities, even though the Reaper probably has more advanced specifications.
GIDS is the commercial arm of NESCOM's organizations. So, whatever the latter develop and greenlight for export, GIDS does the marketing and (I think) manages the sales side.

I'd add that perhaps one of the bottlenecks with the Shahpar II and PAC MALE UAV is the powerplant. I think both rely on piston-powered engines. However, the Chinese are now marking more powerful turboprop solutions (for export). So I think we may see an acceleration in our drone development in the next 3-5 years. We could potentially see a true Reaper-sized UAV -- if not bigger (5-6-ton-class).

GIDS is the commercial arm of NESCOM's organizations. So, whatever the latter develop and greenlight for export, GIDS does the marketing and (I think) manages the sales side.

I'd add that perhaps one of the bottlenecks with the Shahpar II and PAC MALE UAV is the powerplant. I think both rely on piston-powered engines. However, the Chinese are now marking more powerful turboprop solutions (for export). So I think we may see an acceleration in our drone development in the next 3-5 years. We could potentially see a true Reaper-sized UAV -- if not bigger (5-6-ton-class).
Bhai I think we should focus on ceiling service.even 20 hours endurance with 4 hardpoints (similar to PAC UCAV) ,and ceiling service of above 40,000 foot is required for our HALE UCAV.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom