Operation Khyber IV.

kh1.jpg
kh2.jpg
kh3.jpg

1 soldier Martyred!

13 terrorists killed, 6 injured as Operation Khyber-4 gains momentum
July 20, 2017
59707e972a9b8.jpg

The Pak Army has cleared 90 square kilometres of area while advancing from multiple directions: ISPR — File

Pakistan Army's Operation Khyber-4, launched under Operaion Raddul Fasaad (RuF) in the Rajgal Valley area of Khyber Agency, is progressing as planned, Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) announced on Thursday.

According to the ISPR, the operation has been yielding steady results: 13 terrorists have been eliminated so far while six others have been debilitated.

Army troops, including personnel from the Special Services Group, have "cleared 90 square kilometres of area while advancing from multiple directions," an ISPR release said.

The army's bomb defusal teams have also successfully neutralised a number of improvised explosive devices (IEDs) that terrorists had hidden underground, while "terrorist hideouts have been destroyed in targeted strikes by Pakistan Air Force, Army Aviation and Artillery," the ISPR said.

"During exchange of fire a soldier, Sepoy Abdul Jabbar, laid down his life for the motherland," the ISPR release said.

The army had also informed Afghan forces ahead of the launch of Khyber-4 operation in Rajgal, which the Afghan army would be able to support on their side of the border if they wished.

Terrorism in Pakistan
Incidents of terrorism in Pakistan have shown a drop over the three-year period from 2014-2017, the ISPR had announced earlier.

596b524c95eba.jpg

Trend in civilian casualties. ─ Photo courtesy ISPR

Since the launch of Operation RuF, the army has launched 46 major operations in the country and over 9,000 intelligence-based operations (IBOs).

About 1,760 joint checkposts have been established in coordination with police and other law enforcement agencies.

Yet still Pakistan will be condemned and accused of harbouring militants by Afghans.

13 terrorists killed, 6 injured as Operation Khyber-4 gains momentum
Dawn.comJuly 20, 2017
59707e972a9b8.jpg

The Pak Army has cleared 90 square kilometres of area while advancing from multiple directions: ISPR — File

Pakistan Army's Operation Khyber-4, launched under Operaion Raddul Fasaad (RuF) in the Rajgal Valley area of Khyber Agency, is progressing as planned, Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) announced on Thursday.

According to the ISPR, the operation has been yielding steady results: 13 terrorists have been eliminated so far while six others have been debilitated.

Army troops, including personnel from the Special Services Group, have "cleared 90 square kilometres of area while advancing from multiple directions," an ISPR release said.

The army's bomb defusal teams have also successfully neutralised a number of improvised explosive devices (IEDs) that terrorists had hidden underground, while "terrorist hideouts have been destroyed in targeted strikes by Pakistan Air Force, Army Aviation and Artillery," the ISPR said.

"During exchange of fire a soldier, Sepoy Abdul Jabbar, laid down his life for the motherland," the ISPR release said.

The army had also informed Afghan forces ahead of the launch of Khyber-4 operation in Rajgal, which the Afghan army would be able to support on their side of the border if they wished.

Terrorism in Pakistan
Incidents of terrorism in Pakistan have shown a drop over the three-year period from 2014-2017, the ISPR had announced earlier.

596b524c95eba.jpg

Trend in civilian casualties. ─ Photo courtesy ISPR

Since the launch of Operation RuF, the army has launched 46 major operations in the country and over 9,000 intelligence-based operations (IBOs).

About 1,760 joint checkposts have been established in coordination with police and other law enforcement agencies.

What i am about to share is coming from someone who is amongst the ranks in PA and actively involved in Baluchisan Op. This is not, i repeat this is NOT gossip. I took permission from him before sharing.

Pak Army launches Khyber 4. .....
Question is why....? What about gains of first three ops?
It's very important to understand this; so that we understand how threat evolves in our region...

A few weeks ago; heavy presence of ISIS was reported in Tora Bora (Afghanistan; opposite own Khyber agency).

Afghan army initiated an operation against them and nearly rounded them up. Then; out of no where, unmarked helicopters arrived to provide logistic support to ISIS fighters.....!!!

The situation now is; that not only has ISIS consolidated it's positions at Tora Bora, it is projecting threat across border to our areas as well....

So; before criticising own forces on not being able to "eliminate" the khwarij; please know that there are many stronger and sinister forces working to "spread" the khwarij.....

Pray for the success of our men at Khyber please

What i am about to share is coming from someone who is amongst the ranks in PA and actively involved in Baluchisan Op. This is not, i repeat this is NOT gossip. I took permission from him before sharing.
I can vouch for that. I heard exactly the same reason. And I am so very happy to see the operation launched so quickly. In fact when I came to know of Tora bora and ISIS, I was worried that by the time PA moves into action the ISIS would already have spread into a large area of tribal belt. But it seems PA is nipping it in the bud

To add to the unmarked helis that you are told, I came to know that US airforce bombed the positions of forces that were resisting ISIS in the area. US literally provided air cover to ISIS campaign

No wonder US is not happy at Pakistan and is trying to arm twist us into not acting against ISIS so promptly (through new Afghan policy)

God speed boys! May Allah's help be with you. You are the REAL front line against terrorism

Large swathes of Ragjal Valley cleansed of terrorists

PESHAWAR: Several hideouts of terrorists were decimated in a synchronised blitzkrieg by army and air force in the Rajgal Valley of Khyber Agency where a major offensive was launched on Sunday to prevent the Afghanistan-based franchise of the Islamic State (IS) from making inroads into the tribal regions.

At least 13 terrorists were killed and six others injured in targeted strikes by PAF jets, Army Aviation and artillery, said the ISPR, military’s media wing, on Thursday in updates on the operation codenamed Khyber-4.

Operation Khyber-4 is part of Operation Radd-ul-Fasaad or Elimination of Discord, and was launched in February after a sharp uptick in terrorist attacks in the country. It is aimed at “indiscriminately eliminating the residual/latent threat of terrorism”, consolidating the gains made in other military operations.

According to the ISPR, 90 square kilometres of the area has been neutralised as Pakistani troops advanced from multiple directions to exterminate and debilitate the terrorists.

“Terrorists had laid a number of IEDs [improvised explosives devices] which have been detected, recovered and neutralised by Pakistan Army Engineers Counter-IED teams,” it said.

Operation Khyber-4: Offensive launched to deny Da’ish foothold in FATA

The operation in Rajgal Valley is critical as “it could provide a key route to IS terrorists operating from Afghanistan to establish a foothold in Pakistan”, it added.

Officials in Pakistan deny that the IS – also known by its Arabic acronym Da’ish – has an organised presence in the country, though the Middle Eastern terrorist group has claimed responsibility for some attacks.

“Rajgal is the last stronghold of terrorists holed up on the Pakistan-Afghanistan border regions,” a senior security official in Peshawar told The Express Tribune.

According to him, Operation Khyber-4 is perfectly timed because the region, which has extremely difficult terrain, becomes impenetrable in winters.

“The recent deadly bombings in Parachinar, Kurram Agency, have been traced to this region,” the official said while referring to last month’s twin bomb attacks on the Shia community that claimed 76 lives and left more than 160 injured.

“PAF and Special Services Group (SSG) are operating in the area,” he added.

Geographically, Tirah Valley’s mountains overlook parts of Kurram Agency. Of late, the IS has gained ground in the infamous Tora Bora mountains, situated in the Pachir Aw Agam district of Afghanistan’s Nangarhar province that borders Khyber and Kurram agencies.

“The aim of the operation is to deny terrorists any space in the area and to restore normalcy in the region,” the official said. “It is targeted at Mangal Bagh’s Lashkar-e-Islam, Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan and its breakaway faction Jamaat-ul-Ahrar who have in their midst elements sympathetic to Da’ish.”

A Pakistan Army soldier, Sepoy Abdul Jabbar, was martyred in the Rajgal operation. The funeral of the Shaheed soldier was offered at Peshawar garrison and attended by Corps Commander Peshawar Lt-Gen Nazir Ahmed Butt and other senior civil and military officials.

The corps commander also visited the areas of Rajgal Valley which have been cleared by troops. IG FC (N) Maj-Gen Shaheen Mazhar Mahmood, Commander of Operation Khyber-4, updated Lt-Gen Butt on the progress made thus far. The corps commander appreciated the morale and achievements of the troops.

I can vouch for that. I heard exactly the same reason. And I am so very happy to see the operation launched so quickly. In fact when I came to know of Tora bora and ISIS, I was worried that by the time PA moves into action the ISIS would already have spread into a large area of tribal belt. But it seems PA is nipping it in the bud

To add to the unmarked helis that you are told, I came to know that US airforce bombed the positions of forces that were resisting ISIS in the area. US literally provided air cover to ISIS campaign

No wonder US is not happy at Pakistan and is trying to arm twist us into not acting against ISIS so promptly (through new Afghan policy)

God speed boys! May Allah's help be with you. You are the REAL front line against terrorism

This could very well be... there is substantial evidence of the USA providing support and air cover for ISIS in Syria... even some Ex-Syrian-Conflict American covert solders have given statements of their role in assisting ISIS. There is a lot of hard evidence including videos of Americans fully supporting ISIS.

Pakistan would have to engage fully to defeat this ISIS in Afghanistan before it even dreams of coming into pakistan on a large scale.

This could very well be... there is substantial evidence of the USA providing support and air cover for ISIS in Syria... even some Ex-Syrian-Conflict American covert solders have given statements of their role in assisting ISIS. There is a lot of hard evidence including videos of Americans fully supporting ISIS.

Pakistan would have to engage fully to defeat this ISIS in Afghanistan before it even dreams of coming into pakistan on a large scale.
What bothers me most is the US won't be playing the same game twice in which it was previously beaten. This group of dogs of hell will be different from the TTP scums. They will be better equipped, better trained and more ruthless to start with for sure. I am suspecting a potential base-over run happening soon somewhere in Afghanistan. After which this Tora bora borne ISIS group will show up with ATGMs and portable SAMs.

Excellent step by PA to act so early. I hope they will be careful with the use of helis and unprotected tracked vehicles

Any long term plan to permanently settle this issue instead of operation 5 in near future? Is there any possibility to install fence? If terrain is difficult then even go for mines.

Any long term plan to permanently settle this issue instead of operation 5 in near future? Is there any possibility to install fence? If terrain is difficult then even go for mines.

D6E8674A-10EF-4608-9163-7129ECE98ADC_w650_r1_s.png

Have a look at the terrain, it is virtually impossible to fence and keep it under surveillance continuously.

Back
Top Bottom