What's new

Operation 'Decisive Storm' | Saudi lead coalition operations in Yemen - Updates & Discussions.

Maybe that's why Huthies haven't been able to advance one inch into Saudi territory... :lol:, man you still don't get it, Saudi Army performance in this war is definitely the best of the best among all wars against either militias or traditional armies, let alone both at the same time. It has been four months already, Arab coalition losses in men and vehicles are unmentionable. Last time, you made up numbers because you couldn't believe the actual numbers of losses.

Saudi performance has been the best in whole history of human race. Even Greek Gods wouldn't have matched the mighty forces of Saudi Arabia.

The casualties is not high because there is basically no Saudi forces fighting on the ground. They are being killed inside Saudi Arabia.

Houthis withdrew from most of southern Yemen without firing a bullet or facing any coalition soldiers, for whatever reason they had. Now what happened to coalition's 'super fast' advances where they captured areas that Houthis had already emptie before? Why did it all stop suddenly? Maybe because Yemeni army/Houthis stopped retreating from most areas now? Fighting in south Yemen where the majority of population are not in their support is a mistake, so their decision to withdraw was a good one, and you can count it as the most successful military victory in history of humans, capturing empty areas one after another, where the enemy has already retreated its forces.

And those numbers I provided were the truth. Give me one single reason why I should believe a Saudi apologist who has been denying till now that Saudis are killing mostly civilians.

So, they haven't advanced one inch in Saudi territory? Then why the hell are they in Saudi territory 24/7 killing soldiers, destroying vehicles? Didn't you see the footage where they are filming the city of Najran itself? :lol:

I understand Irans concerns. The whole world is doing it (protecting its interests), why should Iran not. I however do not believe we must lose our morality and have clear lines what is good and evil. Bashar is killing his own people. I don't think there is debate on this and I feel it is the genuine truth.

There may be better ways for Iranian power projection than getting involved in this useless game of leverage and influence over a few weak arab states. Iran talks back to giant US but I don't think we should lose the benefits of democracy in the process. I support many things about Iran but not its policy in Syria. I say let Bashar fall.

If we go back on news from 2011 and so, we would see how uninvolved iran was. Iran was even willing to let Assad fall as long as there was no vacuum that gives rise to dangerous elements.

We are used to vacuums filled with extremists. Our neighbors aren't Norway and Denmark. Our neighbors are a country like Afghanistn that had extremists ruling for many years and it was extremely problematic for our country (and for yours too).

Instability is not in our interest. A stable enemy is actually more safe for us than an unstable Saudi. As much as we have problems with Saudi, it would be much worse if it fell and it became anarchic and ruled by groups like Daesh.

Now lets go back to 2011 again. Qatar and Turkey were high on their new regional roles. They helped Libya fall, Morsi was in power, and wow, if they got Syria too, it would be so amazing. So, they (and by extension the rebels) weren't even interested in TALKING. If we went back in time, and had serious talks, and involve Iran in the talks to pressur Assad as an ally, would it be unthinkable to have a transitional government to oave the way for big changes? But Qatars demand was that, no talks until Assad steps down. They probably expected NATO to come in and kill Assad like they did Ghadaffi but Russia wasn't having any of it.

Syria could hve handled better. But as we saw from Nato attacking Libya, Saudi invading Bahrain, Morsi's death sentence, and Syria"s foreign invention, the Arab "Spring" was a complete failure. Only Tunisia was a true revolutuon.

Egypt and Libya, well at least the people got what they wanted. In this time and age and even previously peoples tolerance for monarchs ruling nations for 10-20 years without progress is falling out. UAE and Qatar can survive with autocracy because they have really improved the condition of their people. But can Syria-I don't think so. I would say free syria of bashar-call a vote which also has the choice of adding bashar rule for a few years-election must be transparent and finally let the peoples voice come out.

For this we need to look at the democratic process favourably. Even in the earliest of Islamic times (Rashidun caliphates) leaders were in some way or the other elected

Was the UN or even OIC or some credible organization overseeing the vote and what proof is there the vote wasn't rigged. I can't stop you from vouching for syria. But when I see many dying in said country daily just so Assad can continue to rule-well I don't call this man a very noble leader.

When the people want you out you resign-instead he's adding to his war crimes.

I'm happy I'm not in charge of political decisions because its not easy. Everyone hear makes easy decisions not thinking about easy decisions. Assad might be bad but aupporting rebels with billions of money to get rid of him was much worse because look wherethe country is now.

I'm not a fan of Ghadaffi but by funding his opposition, they dragged the country into a civil war then had NATO bomb it until the government waa destroyed. This made Libya, the African country with one of the highest standard of living (among Africans) into a shithole.

Reports that another Saudi Apache is downed in south Yemen. It's unconfirmed for now.

Saudi performance has been the best in whole history of human race. Even Greek Gods wouldn't have matched the mighty forces of Saudi Arabia.
Using sarcasm doesn't make a fact less factual. Saudi Arabia army has been fighting both asymmetrical and traditional wars at the same time, fighting tens of thousands of heavily armed militias and regular army. Yet, Saudi Army have done such an exceptional job.
The casualties is not high because there is basically no Saudi forces fighting on the ground. They are being killed inside Saudi Arabia.
Here we go, firstly Huthies in Yemen as a whole and in Sadaa, their stronghold, in specific share 1600 km long border with Saudi Arabia, which is perfect for asymmetrical war. Nonetheless, they couldn't advance an inch nor they could win a single battle and all attacking forces have been obliterated.

Secondly, as a matter of fact Saudi Arabia and UAE, both deployed their troops on ground and launched an operation dubbed Golden Arrow, which has resulted with liberating five governerates in four weeks.
Houthis withdrew from most of southern Yemen without firing a bullet or facing any coalition soldiers, for whatever reason they had. Now what happened to coalition's 'super fast' advances where they captured areas that Houthis had already emptie before? Why did it all stop suddenly? Maybe because Yemeni army/Houthis stopped retreating from most areas now? Fighting in south Yemen where the majority of population are not in their support is a mistake, so their decision to withdraw was a good one, and you can count it as the most successful military victory in history of humans, capturing empty areas one after another, where the enemy has already retreated its forces.
Oh yes, that's a good one :lol:
And those numbers I provided were the truth. Give me one single reason why I should believe a Saudi apologist who has been denying till now that Saudis are killing mostly civilians.
The one single reason is because it's a lie, big one. Since you have no proof you can't make it real. As you see, Huthies are so much desperate to film everything, bring us videos or pictures that prove half the numbers you are talking about.

So, they haven't advanced one inch in Saudi territory? Then why the hell are they in Saudi territory 24/7 killing soldiers, destroying vehicles? Didn't you see the footage where they are filming the city of Najran itself? :lol:
27/7 killing soldiers? Are you for real honey? And in the city of Najran? Why not making it Riyadh for the old times sake? :rofl:

Yemeni Tochkas bombed Saudi bases near border

Yemenis destroyed a Saudi border tower

Yemenis ambushed Saudi army vehicles

Russia (and Japan to an extent) as a country confuses me. You had an opportunity in Afghanistan to shame the Americans you left that. You could have snubbed US by veto-ing sanctions on Iran in the UN but you went through. You are doing little about Ukraine. It seems the superpower of yesterday has agreed to be a minor local power now. But you seem intent on protecting Assad. I don't get the logic as 200000 Syrians have died because of said dude.There are better ways for power projection.

The reason has to do with national security of these countries. Syria and Lebanon for Russia and Iran are like their permanently parked aircraft carriers on Mediterranean sea next to Israel. Specially for Iran, this is one of the cornerstone of its military doctrine. Is it "ethical"? I do not know. I know this, that the people living there, need order. Be that order supplied by Iran, Russia or China or anyone else. Does not matter. But order should be there. Since freedom in these kind of nations does not lead to Jeffersonian democracy or Scandinavian welfare state. It leads to zombies running around and killing innocent people. The prime of examples of which you can see in Libya, Nigeria, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Tunisia etc etc.

You need a draconian security establishment in these nations to keep things from going back several centuries which is the natural desire of these societies. The natural desire to go back to caves and primitive life.

And this order being protected by Russia, China and Iran via Assad is the only hope for Syria. Failure of this, would mean the implementation of Western policy of "chaos for Islamic lands" which would mean bloodshed and insecurity for all. Assad might not be an angel. Neither any of us are nor any of those who would replace him. But he is much preferable to Baghdadis and Zavaheris.

I think Muslims should concentrate less on "freedom and democracy" and more on stability and progress. Freedom and democracy without stability and progress means nothing. I would prefer an eye surgeon as the president of a country than to a zombie group who go around banning polio vaccine and killing polio vaccination teams in order to save polio virus from extinction. This is not even about freedom. It is about sanity. And all governments have to kill their people who fall out of line. It does not matter whether in Syria, or in Iran or in Pakistan or in United States. There would be no government otherwise.

What is going on in Syria by comparison is just a pinprick to what had gone on in American civil war or European wars. Governments killing people should not really be a comparison criterion. A batter criterion would be for what purpose the killing is occurring. Do rebels in Syria who are fighting the government want to bring about a Scandinavian welfare state or a Takfiri Utopia? Will Syria become an Scandinavian model state if Assad lays down arms and hand over the country to rebels? History says otherwise. Libya after Ghadafi and Afghanistan after becoming a republic are two good examples.

Al Qaeda militants took control of a western district of Yemen's main port city of Aden on Saturday night, residents said, in another sign that the group is drawing strength from five months of civil war.

The entrance of Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula into Aden, once one of the world's busiest ports and the most secular and secure parts of an otherwise restive country, would be one of its biggest gains yet.

"Dozens of Al Qaeda militants were patrolling the streets with their weapons in total freedom in a number of areas in Tawahi. At the same time, others raised the Al Qaeda black flag above government buildings, including the administrative building of the port," a resident told Reuters.

-------

Meanwhile elsewhere in the country, the Saudi-led coalition continued the bombardment of Yemen's Taez, its ‘third city’ held by Houthis, killing at least 80 people, mostly civilians, according to the Red Cross.

“My colleague was told that by noon yesterday, there were 50 killed; in the evening it went up to 80. These are figures we are receiving from various sides,” Rima Kamal, a spokeswoman in Yemen for the International Committee of the Red Cross told AFP.

-------

With an average of eight child casualties every day since late March, the conflict has resulted in widespread destruction, according to UNICEF. Almost 10 million children equaling some 80 percent of the country’s kids need urgent humanitarian aid.

Back
Top Bottom