What's new

OP ED: The new nexus: Indo-China conflict in Kashmir and implications for Pakistan

This one, thanks. Very well written.

There's a paragraph which mentions how the big powers jump in to ensure balance of power in the world whenever the regional power tried to take advantage.

That reminded me that in Islam, neutrality is not an option. When you see two Muslim brothers arguing, you need to mediate. If it escalates into a fight, you need to support the weaker of the two, can't stand back and watch the show.

I cannot remember whether it's based on a Hadith or something but I've understood it to mean balance of power within the Muslim Ummah.

Good article. You missed out Kashmiri Jihad, Khalistan, Nagaland, Manipur, Assam insurgencies, etc. as implications for India.

Pakistan is not wearing bangles, just tolerating India and I don't know why.
There is a guy named Qamar Bajwa. I think he is the reason and i think till he'z there our stance will remain the same.

Pakistan should learn how China responded and killed of 20 Indian Army solider's use overwhelming power to batter them so they don't keep border firing and other non-sense daily. You want to tie the leash hard on the dog, and suffocate him when needed.

Thank you, brother, that's my point as well. Any step forward taken by India would set them back overall because India should have prepared for this possibility from the start as they had claimed to in order to justify their military budget.
Nice article but the counter moves that u think india have, are already exhausted. They have tried their best in Afghanistan and are failing. They also tried well to destabilize Pakistan but we dealt with that too. They can only now try to fund and support movements like PTM and baloch groups but these have no solid prospect. India is slowly being out maneuvered by Pakistan with chinese help. With CPEC materializing and expanding, india is trying its best to keep influence/alliance with central asian states and Iran.
Your conclusion about need to fix internal issues is spot on.

If you see, there's a silence in the international arena as well because China is painting this as a bilateral issue. Us following suit works for their interest. Pre-emptive strikes would be extremely unwise because it'd give them a reason to escalate the issue.
Great article.

For now india has only one option which is to target Pakistan and it will. Should Pakistan pre-empt indian designs?

Pakistan hasnt even issued a statement condemning indian territorial ambitions.

Absolutely, that's one aspect that fails to dawn on most of our region's peoples. Yet, that's why these subtle moves are exactly where any solution lies.
I agree with the conclusion. Sure, this is an opportune moment to claw back Kashmir but then what?
Perpetuate hostilities, bleed money on the military in a constant state of military preparedness at the cost of a better life for the citizens of Pakistan. Of course, If Pakistan and China can force an Indian capitulation then sure the equation changes completely - by all means take Kashmir. But Pakistan's reality is that a nuclear India will prefer taking all of Pakistan and some of China over capitulation. The era of altering national boundaries by force has ended with the proliferation of nukes.

The most expected thing right now is a misadventure by INDIA on LOC.....

But still we can not underestimate INDIA....
I tried to correct Zaid Hamid on a very small thing. He was trying to sound knowledgable about American affairs specifically BLM. He blocked me over a minute correction. Guy has serious issues. But sometimes has good situational analysis. Pushes for war too much IMO.

If India and China go to war will Bajwa the spineless take action on Kashmir I don't think so.

Need to stay out of this quagmire, hst, Pakistan should keep ears and eyes open and be ready for any potential blowback coming our way across or over the LoC.

Dammit, we live in a real bad neighbourhood. its like the Bronx, NY, always on fire.
last year was busy after 27th feb, this year focus is on covid 19 :(and dont know what challenges are waiting for us in the years to come :(

Back
Top Bottom