What's new

Only 5% of people are creating trouble in valley: Mehbooba

population of indian occupied kashmir is 3.25 million. 5 percent of which is 0.16 million or 160k. my question to the indian friends is that then why do you need 700k security force personel to control 160k people who are just throwing stones? in the presence of so much forces how could the valley been shut down for about 45 days? either your the security forces are just paper tigers or she is lying.

population of indian occupied kashmir is 3.25 million. 5 percent of which is 0.16 million or 160k. my question to the indian friends is that then why do you need 700k security force personel to control 160k people who are just throwing stones? in the presence of so much forces how could the valley been shut down for about 45 days? either your the security forces are just paper tigers or she is lying.

what is the evidence for 700000 security persons there? what is the strength of pakistan security strength in p o k and p o g&b? why you need there?

he is right. Had his son listen to the advice of his father, he would have enjoyed a very good life in this paradise of earth. Unfortunately he choose the Zihad path. I feel sorry for him.
U guys does not know the meaning of freedom
U guys lived hundreds of years in slavery lolz
Cowards
Free Kashmir
Kashmir zindabad

There are two divisions and 58 battalions of RR. How did you get the figure of 700,000?

There are two divisions and 58 battalions of RR. How did you get the figure of 700,000?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insurgency_in_Jammu_and_Kashmir
plz check out the strength yourself. 600,000 army+65000CRPF
and even if you are right still two divisions is too much to control few protestors.

what is the evidence for 700000 security persons there? what is the strength of pakistan security strength in p o k and p o g&b? why you need there?

pakistan army is present just in line of control to fight any indian aggression. we never faced any 5% stone throwing situation (even though its 80 percent people throwing stones at indian forces). there isn't any army in kashmir or gilgit apart from few units stationed for logistic supplies or country's defense from outside aggression.

and even if you are right still two divisions is too much to control few protestors.

pakistan army is present just in line of control to fight any indian aggression. we never faced any 5% stone throwing situation (even though its 80 percent people throwing stones at indian forces). there isn't any army in kashmir or gilgit apart from few units stationed for logistic supplies or country's defense from outside aggression.

Please don't make a mess of a simple reading: this is what the reference says -

Some analysts have suggested that the number of Indian troops in Jammu and Kashmir is close to 600,000 although estimates vary and the Indian government refuses to release official figures.
[72]

And that too from a newspaper correspondent.

On the other hand, the order of battle of the Indian Army is available. There are less than 300,000 troops in the Valley, AND Ladakh AND Jammu.

Try to get your figures straight :D

Now, this is gotta hurt the Pakistani posters.

RIGHT-IN-THE--TRUTH-meme-14393.jpg

Haha, definitely.. deeply hurt because India thought so.. totally agree.

On a real note, as per its own theory, India has kept 95% of population into 45th days of continuous curfew and it is still in place.. shame on this level of management and shame on this level of "control" you have.

And shame more because you've thrown 13 million pallets on those 5% and are yet unable to get an inch of recovery. Indians from their own theories are proving themselves super strong. Totally agree.

Please don't make a mess of a simple reading: this is what the reference says -

Some analysts have suggested that the number of Indian troops in Jammu and Kashmir is close to 600,000 although estimates vary and the Indian government refuses to release official figures.
[72]

And that too from a newspaper correspondent.

On the other hand, the order of battle of the Indian Army is available. There are less than 300,000 troops in the Valley, AND Ladakh AND Jammu.

Try to get your figures straight :D
on my first post i used the words security forces which includes paramilitary,police too. even if you try to twist the facts its not less than 700k according to the local there and news coming out of the valley.

on my first post i used the words security forces which includes paramilitary,police too. even if you try to twist the facts its not less than 700k according to the local there and news coming out of the valley.

Please do not be evasive.

There are 58 companies of RR, already mentioned; there are 50 companies of CRPF. That's 110,000. You still don't have a figure.

And nobody, neither the locals, nor the news coming out, mentions 700,000, so stop bull-shitting.

Please tell me where I have twisted the facts.

Haha, definitely.. deeply hurt because India thought so.. totally agree.

On a real note, as per its own theory, India has kept 95% of population into 45th days of continuous curfew and it is still in place.. shame on this level of management and shame on this level of "control" you have.

And shame more because you've thrown 13 million pallets on those 5% and are yet unable to get an inch of recovery. Indians from their own theories are proving themselves super strong. Totally agree.

Nope, definitely.. deeply hurt because Pakistanis actually are.

Well we are not Gods, 5% of 12 million is still a lot of people, even if they are illiterates, brainwashed by their overpaid overlords to die for a cause so lost that it is not even a cause for the UN.

You see even if they are brainwashed and dumb and choose to believe a fantasy, they have a right to their opinion, you see coz unlike some countries we just use pellet guns and don't just cull whole populations by artilleries and tanks or by dropping bombs though fighter jets just coz they have a different opinion or because we want a land.

We can end all of it in few days like some countries do with a massive military action but see we are giving them subsidized food grains while they pelt stones on our forces, you see coz its working.

430px-Insurgency_Terror-related_Fatalities_of_Civilians_and_Security_Forces_in_Jammu_and_Kashmir_India_from_1988_to_2013.png

See, unlike some countries we don't assassinate our media people which is why you are even getting a smidgen of news from the valley.

You think 45 days of curfew is a big deal?
That is nothing, it was way worse 10-20 years ago, there used to be curfews for months, years on end, we got through that then what is this tiny insignificant occurrence.
Events like these are happening far lesser now and Pakistanis do jump about once in a while but a few months from now when all this has ended, we would be going back to same old arguments by pak posters about topics that are inconsequential and long since past.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

so now pakistines give wikipedia as source, if a Indian tell this then make him laughing stock, but for them its gods words in thier domain. too kiddish...

Please do not be evasive.

There are 58 companies of RR, already mentioned; there are 50 companies of CRPF. That's 110,000. You still don't have a figure.

And nobody, neither the locals, nor the news coming out, mentions 700,000, so stop bull-shitting.

Please tell me where I have twisted the facts.

Ahem, I'm fairly certain you are referring to battalions and not companies wrt the RR and the CRPF. But anyways. even these numbers are somewhat doubtful. Post 2008, a number of RR battalions were weaned away from Kashmir theatre to the NE (Assam) theatre. Concurrently, CRPF a number of battalions then deployed in Kashmir were drawn down to face the then growing naxal menace. This was obliquely referred to as the relocation.

As I understand it, RR strength should not exceed 45,000 in K-valley. CRPF numbers are more difficult to estimate, too much fluctuation in troop levels in any theatre. But I understand the CRPF numbers before the drawdown were in excess of 70,000 and atleast 10,000 were pulled out in 2009-10.

Ahem, I'm fairly certain you are referring to battalions and not companies wrt the RR and the CRPF. But anyways. even these numbers are somewhat doubtful. Post 2008, a number of RR battalions were weaned away from Kashmir theatre to the NE (Assam) theatre. Concurrently, CRPF a number of battalions then deployed in Kashmir were drawn down to face the then growing naxal menace. This was obliquely referred to as the relocation.

As I understand it, RR strength should not exceed 45,000 in K-valley. CRPF numbers are more difficult to estimate, too much fluctuation in troop levels in any theatre. But I understand the CRPF numbers before the drawdown were in excess of 70,000 and atleast 10,000 were pulled out in 2009-10.

So sorry, battalions it is.

There are 58 battalions of the RR at present in the valley, that's nearly 60,000 jawans. The latest figures about the CRPF, contained in a news item reporting the relative strength in Kashmir and in Chhatisgarh, and underlining the need for additional recruitment, had the Kashmir figure as around 50,000. More or less what you're saying.

The point being, it is silly that people keep talking about that urban legend, the 700,000 Indian soldiers in Kashmir. That's 47 divisions at 15,000 to a division, 30 at 23,000 to a division. The Indian Army HAS only 34.

How long must we suffer this imbecile blether?

Note police are local Jammu & kashmir people only, so subtract the 83k persons thn..

http://www.jkpolice.gov.in/about-jammu-kashmir-police/history.htm

http://www.jkpolice.gov.in/about-jammu-kashmir-police/police-formations.htm

http://crpf.nic.in/org-structure.htm

Supervisory & Support Establishments:

Zone -4
Adm Sectors -18
RAF Sector -1
CoBRA Sector -1
OPS Sectors -2
Adm Ranges -33
RAF Ranges-02
Communication Range-01
OPS Ranges -7
Group Centres -41
Central Weapon Stores -3
Arms Workshops -7
Static (Mobile Workshops) -3

Field Formations/Units:

Attached Battalions -203
Mahila Battalions -5
RAF Battalions -10
CoBRA Battalions -10
Signal Battalions -5
Special Duty Group -1
Parliament Duty Group -01

http://bsf.nic.in

The BSF has 186 battalions with a sanctioned strength of 2.5 lakh personnel including an expanding air wing, marine wing, artillery regiments, and commando units.

So as per your calculation BSF deploy 50%, CRPF deploy 50% and Army Deploy 25% of all their total strength in kashmir valley itself. comedy of this and next century. all of them are combat soldiers is the special mention? ha ha ha

Back
Top Bottom