What's new

Only 5% of people are creating trouble in valley: Mehbooba

"I don't understand what happened... people were waiting for a chance. Whenever the situation becomes little better in J&K, tourism starts, ."

Pakistan happened...and happens every time some semblance of stability comes in the valley.

It's the pakistani paid stooges like gilani and mirwaiz who take instructions from pakistani embassy and instigate violence.

These jokers should be burned alive by the people of kashmir, and the stupid people of the 4-5 districts who lose their lives or go hungry in the name of jihad and wahaabism exported from across the border..This lot will remain miserable.

Remember all those Pakistanis celebrating/claiming that she dropped the Indian flag on purpose.....what do you have to say about this? :p:

@SarthakGanguly @PARIKRAMA @ranjeet @Levina et al

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...e-in-valley-Mehbooba/articleshow/53818759.cms

JAMMU: Jammu & Kashmir chief minister Mehbooba Mufti blamed a handful of people "with vested interests" for inciting the youth to violence in the valley.

In her first public appearance in the summer capital since violence broke out on July 8 after the killing of Hizbul terrorist Burhan Wani, Mehbooba said, "A section of people who themselves are not facing bullets and canes are instigating children and teenagers to indulge in violence."

"Kashmiris want to open their shops. They want to send their children to school," she said. Contending that the unrest in Kashmir was "pre-planned", chief minister Mehbooba Mufti on Monday said a "handful of people" were deliberately keeping the Valley on the boil while 95 per cent people were peace-loving and should not be punished for the fault of 5 per cent.

"I appeal to the Centre to take steps to bring relief to 95% of the people in the valley as they are in the midst of a grave problem," she said.

Talking about the futility of violence, Mehbooba said it will never help achieve anything. Mehbooba also sent out a message to those raising "pro-azadi" slogans, asking them to see the condition of Muslims in Islamic countries like Pakistan, Syria, Turkey and Afghanistan even though these nations have "freedom". She said once gun makes inroads in a society, then the meaning of 'azadi' is lost.

"Guns went into Afghanistan, Syria and Russia. Was anything achieved there by using guns? Violence only brings destruction."

She expressed pain that children are being used as a shield by "vested interests" while attacking camps and posts of security forces to incite them, as a result of which innocent kids become a casualty.

Contending that she had planned so many developmental programmes to be pushed after Eid, she said the unrest was "pre-planned" as "vested interests" were keen to latch on to something to trigger unrest.

"I don't understand what happened... people were waiting for a chance. Whenever the situation becomes little better in J&K, tourism starts, work begins, something or the other happens which creates problems in normal functioning," Mehbooba said. "After the Assembly (session) was over, we had decided to work more. But after (her) Assembly (election) result and Eid, all this began," she said.
Talking about her coalition with BJP, which has been criticised by the National Conference, the CM said, "There are forces who can't digest the development programmes initiated under the PDP-BJP government. They are not able to see peace returning to the state."
Thats' what I have been talking about... merely 10% of Sunnis population has a problem...majority in Jammu and Kashmir State does not give a damn to their Azadi rants.

Jinnah was right as history have shown. But if Kashmiris want to stay with India good for them, this way 5% will not held hostage rest of Kashmiris. India can continue to spend as much as they like on defence long after Kashmir issue is settled. If anything IoK is waste of resources, India spend close to $35 billion per year on Kashmir.
Well said! At the end of the day, it is for the Kashmirs to decide and this is what we have been saying for all those years!! LET THEM DECIDE!

Pakistan happened...and happens every time some semblance of stability comes in the valley.

It's the pakistani paid stooges like gilani and mirwaiz who take instructions from pakistani embassy and instigate violence.

These jokers should be burned alive by the people of kashmir, and the stupid people of the 4-5 districts who lose their lives or go hungry in the name of jihad and wahaabism exported from across the border..This lot will remain miserable.
Hiding behind that cloak of innocence have not helped anyone for all those years and it is not going to start doing so now! Come out of there and face the harsh realities.

As a CM, Mehbooba seems to be good. I've watched her videos and read her comments, she sounds genuine; someone genuinely interested in developing the valley and entire Kashmir.All this with the support of central government.
I'm sure she's here to stay.

Can't stand Abdullah's.

I've been shouting this from the roof top but nobody bothered to listen, so I'm tagging you guyz here.
@WAJsal @Arsalan @Zibago @Arsalan

Good day.

@DESERT FIGHTER i don't like tagging you. But i hope this drills some sense into you, though I know this would not stop you from sullying my nationality.
CM Mehbooba!
I am not sure what you are saying, that you have been saying the same thing that CM have said and thus this makes it true! It is strange how you take the protestors as Pakistan stooges and a handful of government officials as the rightful voice of the valley. We have always been saying this from the very start, if it is really 5% behind all this trouble let this come out in open. Hold a fair and independent referendum, lt them decide for themselves but India is least interested to even talk about that. In such scenario i am sure even you would take what she have to say. Take it with a pinch of salt ma'am :)

Well said! At the end of the day, it is for the Kashmirs to decide and this is what we have been saying for all those years!! LET THEM DECIDE!

Hiding behind that cloak of innocence have not helped anyone for all those years and it is not going to start doing so now! Come out of there and face the harsh realities.

Don't get me wrong sir but you have no idea of the Valley

I just came back from trip to Gulmarg and sonmarg last week

Things which shown in media are not same on the ground

There some Gray areas but its under control in most of the Valley

Done hiking and scanning of area by ourselves with local guide

My group was about 22 people including female there many such groups

Tourism is open in most of the parts in valley

Except few district close to Srinagar and anathnag district's

The highway are controlled by Army and police

Here you can book hotels online now
https://www.makemytrip.com/hotels/gulmarg-hotels.html

"A section of people who themselves are not facing bullets and canes are instigating children and teenagers to indulge in violence."

Stopped reading after this ................ even she could not resist speaking the truth. You don't need bullets for 5% people by the way.

Jinnah was right as history have shown. But if Kashmiris want to stay with India good for them, this way 5% will not held hostage rest of Kashmiris. India can continue to spend as much as they like on defence long after Kashmir issue is settled. If anything IoK is waste of resources, India spend close to $35 billion per year on Kashmir.
hmm where did you get the wonderful $35 billion from ? Even if we agree it is $35 billion it will still be a minuscule compared to the 1 trillion economy.

Stopped reading after this ................ even she could not resist speaking the truth. You don't need bullets for 5% people by the way.

So tell me how the separatist leaders are out there among the protesting people and facing the bullets and canes?

Why do they send their kids to study/work in Delhi in prestigious govt institutions (like AIIMS etc), enjoy the benefits of an Indian passport, donate hardly anything to the community from the huge money they make etc etc?

She is completely right in exposing the seperatist leaders hypocrisy....its the very reason their support does not extend past whoever has maximum level of butthurt in Srinagar against India (mostly a small clique of Sunni wahhabists and their extended dramabaaz friends and family).

They instigate (for political prestige) but dont lift a finger or put their hides on the line....EVER.

Most separatists that DID this are either dead or are lapsed/reformed. They saw the reality either way (a lead bullet or writing on the wall)

So tell me how the separatist leaders are out there among the protesting people and facing the bullets and canes?

Why do they send their kids to study/work in Delhi in prestigious govt institutions (like AIIMS etc), enjoy the benefits of an Indian passport, donate hardly anything to the community from the huge money they make etc etc?

She is completely right in exposing the seperatist leaders hypocrisy....its the very reason their support does not extend past whoever has maximum level of butthurt in Srinagar against India (mostly a small clique of Sunni wahhabists and their extended dramabaaz friends and family).

They instigate (for political prestige) but dont lift a finger or put their hides on the line....EVER.

Most separatists that DID this are either dead or are lapsed/reformed. They saw the reality either way (a lead bullet or writing on the wall)

My support is not for leaders ...................... my support is for helpless freedom demanding people of Kashmir. Their demand should be respected as anyone else's. Even if they want a totally independent state and opt not to join India or Pakistan it should be respected. In a fair honest world no amount of propaganda can justify killing of Kashmiris .............. because totally alien and unrelated people lay claim on their land at gun point. But sadly we don't live in a fair world. What India has been showing there is "Might is right".

I clearly said you don't need bullets if its only 5% of people who are protesting but the realty is otherwise. No where I supported the leaders.

My support is not for leaders ...................... my support is for helpless freedom demanding people of Kashmir. Their demand should be respected as anyone else's. Even if they want a totally independent state and opt not to join India or Pakistan it should be respected. In a fair honest world no amount of propaganda can justify killing of Kashmiris .............. because totally alien and unrelated people lay claim on their land at gun point. But sadly we don't live in a fair world. What India has been showing there is "Might is right".

I clearly said you don't need bullets if its only 5% of people who are protesting but the realty is otherwise. No where I supported the leaders.

If your support is not for the leaders, then why did you stop reading when she said:

""A section of people who themselves are not facing bullets and canes are instigating children and teenagers to indulge in violence."

???

The section of people she is referring to are the hypocrite separatist leaders and their closest proponents.

5% does not refer to total number of protesters but to the people instigating them (sepeartist leaders, their ilk and circles and wahhabi-influenced elite).

The number of protesters waxes and wanes and is subject to bias as to what % they form in the valley.....which in itself is only a % of total JnK.

If your support is not for the leaders, then why did you stop reading when she said:

""A section of people who themselves are not facing bullets and canes are instigating children and teenagers to indulge in violence."

???

Look buddy if a person is willing to accept that bullets are there and killing people and that too common normal people and that person being in charge does not even feel ashamed of it and instead tries to target other leaders and tries to tell us why not these leaders are getting killed by these bullets then obviously that person is not the people's person but a hypocrite and there is no fun reading what a hypocrite says.

See this is what happens when you try to understand BS you write lengthy sentences. That's why I stopped reading BS as soon as she accepted the truth.

Look buddy if a person is willing to accept that bullets are there and killing people and that too common normal people and that person being in charge does not even feel ashamed of it and instead tries to target other leaders and tries to tell us why not these leaders are getting killed by these bullets then obviously that person is not the people's person but a hypocrite and there is no fun reading what a hypocrite says.

See this is what happens when you try to understand BS you write lengthy sentences. That's why I stopped reading BS as soon as she accepted the truth.

Anyway she has earned some respect in my eyes for what she has said....and long may real Kashmiris like her hold their heads up high and not cower from the violent actions and instigation of a small minority.

It means something coming from her because she is certainly not what you could call an Indian lackey if you have followed the many times she has criticized India and its forces too.

@Levina you may be right after all....and maybe BJP-PDP alliance has something more than meets the eye.

Don't get me wrong sir but you have no idea of the Valley

I just came back from trip to Gulmarg and sonmarg last week

Things which shown in media are not same on the ground

There some Gray areas but its under control in most of the Valley

Done hiking and scanning of area by ourselves with local guide

My group was about 22 people including female there many such groups

Tourism is open in most of the parts in valley

Except few district close to Srinagar and anathnag district's

The highway are controlled by Army and police

Here you can book hotels online now
https://www.makemytrip.com/hotels/gulmarg-hotels.html
I wont get you wrong dear but the problem is, we cannot go and see those "realities" for our self. None of us can do so with others area so all we have are those news reports and video footage to rely on. Those sure are disturbing and those sure are humans as well.

Back
Top Bottom