What's new

One liners :)

"Hillel said, do not separate from the community, do not trust yourself until the day you die, do not judge your fellow until you reach his place, do not make a statement which cannot be understood which will [only] later be understood, and do not say when I have free time I will learn, lest you not have free time." link

I tried sniffing Coke once, but the ice cubes got stuck in my nose
You have to do it when it's foamy! :rolleyes:

"Every foreigner in Pakistan, no matter what work he is involved in, knows that there is a mark on his or her head." - The Express Tribune, May 1, 2012.

No man undertakes a trade he has not learned, even the meanest; yet everyone thinks himself sufficiently qualified for the hardest of all trades - that of government. (Socrates, the Greek philosopher)

God has many names, though He is only one Being. (Aristotle; the Greek philosopher)

A friend to all is a friend to none. (Aristotle; the Greek philosopher)

"Pakistanis did not believe in the death of Osama bin Laden, because the most tragic, heartrending and invisible casualty of terror in Pakistan has been the death of truth itself. "

- Dawn, May 2, 2012.

The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal. (Aristotle; the Greek philosopher)

I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; the hardest victory is the victory over self. (Aristotle; the Greek philosopher)

There is no man so blessed that some who stand by his deathbed won't hail the occasion with delight. (Marcus Aurelius, the Roman emperor)

For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow. (King & Prophet Solomon (PBUH) of the Kingdom of Israel; the book of Ecclesiastes 1:18)

Back
Top Bottom