What's new

Once Rafales come, Pakistan won’t come near LoC or border: IAF chief ACM BS

I'd be very surprised, if Dassault isn't already regretting their decision.
On another note, it appears that India snubbed Lockheed Martin (F-16) and United Aircraft Corporation (Su-35, MiG-35) for its 110 fighter requirement. It'll be interesting to see how the PAF's situation pans out in the next few years.

The JF-17 and F-16 certainly did their thing, but the fact that India has shown intent for escalating the situation (by lobbing SOWs no less) can't be taken lightly. I'd be curious to see if the PAF now pushes for upgrading its existing F-16 fleet to F-16V and, if possible, raise the fleet to 100 via an F-16 Block-72 order.

But at nearly $200 m a pop for a F-16 Block-72 (seems LM is charging for the overhead of moving the plant to South Carolina), you may be better off with just the F-16V upgrade.

Whatever the case is which IAF officially hides, such statements one after another being made by PM Modi and now IAF Air Chief verifies as how PAF dominated that day of 2th February, 2019 during the air battle between PAF & IAF.

Furthermore, as the whole military has no become a political wing for Modi and beside that; almost every party has got the pie in these deals, Indian Military & PM Modi trying to make sure that Rafale decision is the correct & highly needed one. The capability & worth of Rafale can not be denied in modern Air Warfare but Indian high command(s) is playing the game to cover their own corruption through hitting masses sentiments. Still, it is the Pakistan that makes them to decide for Rafale as well as whom to vote in Indian election which speaks volume of obsession & Pakistan centric Indian politics.

However, when the MKIs came the same statements were made but proven to be totally different case hence, when the Rafale comes; PAF has already opted for strategy & tactics to counter further IAF threats.

Their latest reports suggest 70% availability. No way of verifying of course.
Just a month ago, their own media reports said that more than 47% su30 mki not available for fly . I dont think in one month , availability rate climbs to 70%.

On another note, it appears that India snubbed Lockheed Martin (F-16) and United Aircraft Corporation (Su-35, MiG-35) for its 110 fighter requirement. It'll be interesting to see how the PAF's situation pans out in the next few years.

The JF-17 and F-16 certainly did their thing, but the fact that India has shown intent for escalating the situation (by lobbing SOWs no less) can't be taken lightly. I'd be curious to see if the PAF now pushes for upgrading its existing F-16 fleet to F-16V and, if possible, raise the fleet to 100 via an F-16 Block-72 order.

But at nearly $200 m a pop for a F-16 Block-72 (seems LM is charging for the overhead of moving the plant to South Carolina), you may be better off with just the F-16V upgrade.

In a new, or relevant thread, can you tell me the difference between F16V and F16Blk72, minus the inflight refueling boom.

Thanks!

The strangest thing is that specs wise, the MKI is superior to the Rafael, the only two advantages I see is that Rafael has AESA radar and is a smaller plane.

By the time Rafael comes around, We will also have the JF-17 block 3 equipped with Chinese PL-15 missiles. Which BVR missile will Raffy use?

Rafael wont change a thing.

In a new, or relevant thread, can you tell me the difference between F16V and F16Blk72, minus the inflight refueling boom.

Thanks!
khafee do you think our Blk 52 can counter their rafales in 1 vs 1 fight?

I thought SU30MKI is world 3rd best fighter.
its 2nd best followed by tejas

The strangest thing is that specs wise, the MKI is superior to the Rafael, the only two advantages I see is that Rafael has AESA radar and is a smaller plane.

By the time Rafael comes around, We will also have the JF-17 block 3 equipped with Chinese PL-15 missiles. Which BVR missile will Raffy use?

Rafael wont change a thing.
Rafael BVR range is 150, IAF chief clearly mentioned about it, but the problem for them is that JF-17 Block-3 will use PL-15 as BVR missile which range is over 150 KM

I think the availablity rate is even lower. @Windjammer ?
You see this is the issue and problem with the Indian mind set.
They create so much hype and image building that when the test comes, they fall like deck of cards.
Not long ago, these same weekend warriors were talking about two front wars and SU-30 being an overkill of PAF.
They were even falsely chest thumping about beating RAF in an exercise.
Be it Rafales or F-35, in Indian hands, short of confidence, organisation and tactics, all become vulnerable.
And PAF is full of surprises.

Back
Top Bottom