What's new

Once again, Army starts global hunt for a new-generation assault rifle

Just check out how many Scar-H bought by US numbers are in thousands only for socom requiments I find Scar-L more affordable for Us in mass-production
SCAR H even Military version won't be more than 4 or 5 lakhs not 42 lakhs

Ugh another tender. Do I have to spell it out for you? I do? Alright.

HK417, there. That'll be 9000 USD please.

fsj2bn-10.t55e99736.m800.x28b8d35e.jpg

Enjoy your rifle.

But I want one that shoots lasers and plasma :(:(

SCAR H even Military version won't be more than 4 or 5 lakhs not 42 lakhs
Don't check prices of civil version

SCAR-L cost around 2700-3000 $ military version is some where BTW 5000$ excluding accessories

SCAR-H is more costly specially mod-17

I think it is to costly more fir country like us

I just searched a bit and saw that the European NATO nations and other modern armies like that of Australia and others have/use the smaller round. We too use it in the INSAS while, our rivals In west have the heavier one.

I could not find and big or major advantage as two conventional armies taking each other in recent past.... hasn't happened.

So what happened that we are planning to change our standard? And if just 2 lakh soldiers use 7.62 While others use 5.56, won't it be an issue ? From logistics point of view ?

I am pretty sure India will be equipping with both. In fact the multi-calibre capability (in one system) was an original requirement (along with .30 rem as a third midway) for the precious MCIWS that Army seems to have pulled the rug from underneath.

I personally think that was the wrong approach for general field assault rifles (the logistics become too complicated especially for such large armies). Multi-calibre is of more use for sniper rifles and AMRs potentially where optimisation per unit becomes more key....and even there you can make the argument against it with ease.

2 individual variants acquired in whatever ratio (can start originally with .308 and then get the general .223 in a later tranche) should be fine for India....and better than getting just one. .308 is good to go with first since its better for counter-insurgency where stopping power and DMR capability etc is of absolute essence.

In the last tender, we had shortlisted IWI, Beretta, Colt and Ceska. This tender will be entirely different though.

Don't check prices of civil version

SCAR-L cost around 2700-3000 $ military version is some where BTW 5000$ excluding accessories

SCAR-H is more costly specially mod-17

I think it is to costly more fir country like us
Well that makes the Gun come close to 5 lakh in case of Pakistani rupees in your case half the price. Specially if you get it with TOT you can do even better.

42 lakh gold plated hai kya.cant be more than 6k to 10k $
It comes with military grade accessories and first check out how many no issued around world

It's very limited in numbers SCAR-H is very costly if your take per soilder's spending into account

@MilSpec @Vergennes @Abingdonboy @hellfire @jbgt90
Another tender.. but RFP says by April 2017..
Choices, comparison and may be what will actually win technically and techno commercial mix pov

@PARIKRAMA @anant_s

No thanks ...I reserve any comments and/or statements. We are making do with what my grandfather (god bless his soul) used as an officer as personal weapon for officers, JCOs and NCOs.

There were extensive trials earlier also, wherein it was decided to get M4s for Officers and Tavors for Personnel .. this is somewhere in 2010 .. a scuttlebutt.

Meanwhile, I prefer the INSAS and ensure it is cleaned everyday to save own life when required.

Condom also helps .... cover your barrel with it!

It comes with military grade accessories and first check out how many no issued around world

It's very limited in numbers SCAR-H is very costly if your take per soilder's spending into account
In America you can get scar 17S the civilian version for 3k$ and only difference between the civilian and mil version is than civil is semi auto and army version is full auto.and one more point the military scar 17 is manufactured in America .and the civilian scar 17 is imported from Belgium.

@Nilgiri @Abingdonboy @anant_s @PARIKRAMA @Levina

As others stated,I suppose the Ace would be the best choice. The indians aren't unfamiliar with IWI,and the Ace family are great weapons,affordable,modern with great perfromances. Already adopted by several armed forces in the world,police,special forces etc. Many countries produce it under license.
-
galil_ace_556.jpg

5.56mm Galil ACE models 21, 22 and 23 rifles (from top to bottom)

galil_ace_762x39.jpg

7.62x39 Galil ACE model 32 rifle

galil_ace_762x51.jpg

7.62x51 Galil ACE model 52 rifle

ace.png

The Galil ACE rifles are the new generation of the famous Israeli Galil assault rifles. The Galil ACE represents full product line of military rifles in world's three most popular calibers (5.56x45 NATO, 7.62x39 M43 and 7.62x51 NATO) made in full spectrum of configurations, from compact carbine and up to long barreled marksman rifle. All Galil ACE rifles feature same basic design, based on combat-proven Galil action, and feature same array of ergonomic enhancements, including ambidextrous controls, adjustable telescoping buttstocks, comfortable pistol grips, integral Picatinny rails etc. The 5.56mm version of the Galil ACE assault rifle is adopted by Colombian army, and is manufactured under the Israeli license by Colombian government-owned factory Indumil.

The Galil ACE rifle is gas operated, select-fire weapon. It uses long-stroke gas operated action with gas piston located above the barrel. Locking is achieved by rotating bolt with dual locking lugs. The receiver is machined from steel, with polymer magazine housing / pistol grip unit attached below. The detachable stamped steel receiver cover houses an integral Picatinny rail and rear sight base. The charging handle is located on the left side of the receiver and is attached directly to the bolt carrier. To provide maximum protection from dust and dirt at all times, the charging handle slot is covered with spring-loaded dust cover which opens and closes after each shot automatically. The safety / fire mode seelctor is duplicated at both sides of the weapon, and has better shape when copmared to predecessors. Feed is from detachable box magazines; the NATO caliber versions (in 5.56 and 7.62mm) use standard Galil magazines with 35- and 25-round capcaity, respectively. The 7.62x39 versions use standard AK magazines with 30-round capacity. Standard sighting equipment includes protected front post (adjustable for zeroing) and protected flip-up type rear diopter sight. A wide array of modern optical sights can be installed on the integral Picatinny rail. All Galil ACE rifles (except for sub-compact ACE 21 and ACE 31 carbines) also feature a bayonet lug on the barrel.

http://world.guns.ru/assault/isr/galil-ace-e.html
-
For the french Famas' replacement tender,IWI with the Ace was ready to produce the rifles in France and to give full ToT.. @randomradio @cerberus @SpArK @Ankit Kumar 002

gl.jpg

Last edited:
looks impressive!

What is the order quantity / value for the french Tender?

Well,the french army has already chosen a modified version of the new HK-416A5,called the HK-416F.
HK made a very competitive offer of 102.000 rifles,more than 10.000 grenade launchers,accessories,millions of bullets,maintenance,sparts and support for at least 30 years for €200Mn. We planned to spend between €350 and €400Mn.
Of course it isn't excluded that we might order more guns in the future.

I think if IWI win, they would be in a good position to offer domestic manufacturing to India as well

The Ace is already produced under license in many countries,so there would be no problems on this level.

GAR1639.jpg

This IWI Galil Ace can be easiest option for Indian Army. They can make further changes with help of Israel if they want to

Back
Top Bottom