What's new

On India- by ex-air mahshal Shahzad Chaudhry

Don't believe their Godi Media Hogwash and BS. They did not reduce poverty at all. All made up numbers.

Proven time and time again.

A lot of people in India believe this BS because - in a land of scarce hope and misery, it gives them the warm and fuzzies.

Make believe and making castles in the sky.
I’m sure the definitions have just be changed around to claim a new arbitrary number is the poverty line, but any reduction in human misery is a step in the right direction, especially if it gives a wake up call to our leaders in Pakistan.

unlike India, where a couple dozen people have 90% of the wealth
I was surprised by this. Fortunately, it is way off the mark. GINI indices for South Asian nations are:

Larger value means more inequality.
RankCountryValueYear
59Sri Lanka39.302016
74Bhutan37.402017
86India35.702011
115Nepal32.802010
120Bangladesh32.402016
132Myanmar30.702017
138Pakistan29.602018

For comparison, it is much worse for U.S.
46United States41.502019

Too much should not be made of this. If everyone is starving in a country, GINI will be a perfect 0. However, if everyone is living generally OK and there are tons of oligarchs like Bill Gates or Elon Musk or Jeff Bezos, GINI will be higher showing inequality. I would think one should prefer the latter to the former.

You will notice that higher income countries also have worse i.e., higher numerical value GINI. Only way to achieve excellent GINI is by making everybody equally poor.

It’s the other way around, the Afghans will need Pakistan to moderate between them and the western world/gulf countries. No one wants to recognize them, and they want recognition and money to give to spend on their people.

If by “moderate” you mean become more moderate, that is a process we can’t social engineer and speed up. The level of PTSD can only be addressed over time, and the Afghans coming to that decision on their own.

If you look at any population that has been in decades of war, such as Vietnam, they go through a process of consolidation and eventually opening up when they have to face the outside world to address the increased expectations of their population.

It may take decades, but I think it will be faster as the Afghans don’t have ideological barriers to interacting with the outside world, and will sooner rather then later have to fulfill the growing expectations of their people.

It would be better for them and the outside world if Pakistan can get its act together and moderate between the two groups to build up the financial and diplomatic incentives to keep the Doha agreement going. It’s in Pakistan’s interest as well to have a stable and prosperous Afghanistan on its border if it respects Pakistan’s interests as well.

Vietnamese communists were well defined actors with a clear ideology and clear self-interest. They represented the whole Vietnamese nation. In spite of their dependence on China and USSR they had clear national interests. They chose to break with their patrons when the circumstances warranted it.

I see no such pattern with the Taliban. They have a narrow base in Afghanistan with the backing of external entity who have their own interests. I see no change in behavior here. Being landlocked does not help either.

Don't believe their Godi Media Hogwash and BS. They did not reduce poverty at all. All made up numbers.

Proven time and time again.

A lot of people in India believe this BS because - in a land of scarce hope and misery, it gives them the warm and fuzzies.

Make believe and making castles in the sky.

India went to the IMF last in 1991. Pakistan is making their 13th or 14th trip. These are hard facts

It looks like Mr. Chaudhry conveniently forgot why Pakistan is in such sorry state and what is the primary difference between governance of india & Pakistan since 1947.

There's only 1 difference, India was governed by civilians and military / establishment never interfered. They let democracy prove its worth. We on the other hand is ruled half of our timeline directly by military dictators and rest of the half indirectly by establishment.

Its too easy for military ex-marshals or Generals to now write up essays that everyone knows, but they should have spoken out when they were in power. The policies that establishment made over the entire timeline were nothing but a total mess. From jihadi groups to toppling democratic govts, everything they did with their low IQ has ruined the potential of our country.

Still, I believe Pakistan has immense potential and it is never too late to rectify ourselves, identify whats wrong and fix it.

I was surprised by this. Fortunately, it is way off the mark. GINI indices for South Asian nations are:

Larger value means more inequality.
RankCountryValueYear
59Sri Lanka39.302016
74Bhutan37.402017
86India35.702011
115Nepal32.802010
120Bangladesh32.402016
132Myanmar30.702017
138Pakistan29.602018

For comparison, it is much worse for U.S.
46United States41.502019

Too much should not be made of this. If everyone is starving in a country, GINI will be a perfect 0. However, if everyone is living generally OK and there are tons of oligarchs like Bill Gates or Elon Musk or Jeff Bezos, GINI will be higher showing inequality. I would think one should prefer the latter to the former.

You will notice that higher income countries also have worse i.e., higher numerical value GINI. Only way to achieve excellent GINI is by making everybody equally poor.
funny thing about this analysis is, last time this analysis was done on india it was in 2011, people are using a decade old data to bash india,
that data is more or less irrelevent in 2023, the only country that can be correctly judged by this data is usa

It looks like Mr. Chaudhry conveniently forgot why Pakistan is in such sorry state and what is the primary difference between governance of india & Pakistan since 1947.

There's only 1 difference, India was governed by civilians and military / establishment never interfered. They let democracy prove its worth. We on the other hand is ruled half of our timeline directly by military dictators and rest of the half indirectly by establishment.

Its too easy for military ex-marshals or Generals to now write up essays that everyone knows, but they should have spoken out when they were in power. The policies that establishment made over the entire timeline were nothing but a total mess. From jihadi groups to toppling democratic govts, everything they did with their low IQ has ruined the potential of our country.

Still, I believe Pakistan has immense potential and it is never too late to rectify ourselves, identify whats wrong and fix it.

your generals would insist civilians are not fit for governance. i do not agree with them

Nagpur, a third tier city in India has a metro of 39km long.
In Uttar Pradesh, three cities have metros. Everything isn't made up by Godi media.

Yehi hai asli Nagpur. Dekh lo aankh kholkey. Not everything is Modi propaganda.

iu

iu

Saroj Nagar Slum Nagpur​

"Orange City" has 424 legal slum areas in Nagpur, Sarojnagar is one of 424 slums in the city. In Nagpur, about 40% of the population lives in slum dwellers. These slums are home to more than 1,42,000 people and cover about 1,600 hectares of mainland. To fight for land in Maharashtra, it was making Dharavi the second largest slum area in Nagpur after Mumbai.

Saroj-Nagar-Slum-Nagpur.
IMG-20181203-WA0006-600x315.jpg

iu

Care for more ??

Yehi hai asli Nagpur. Dekh lo aankh kholkey. Not everything is Modi propaganda.

iu

iu

Saroj Nagar Slum Nagpur​

"Orange City" has 424 legal slum areas in Nagpur, Sarojnagar is one of 424 slums in the city. In Nagpur, about 40% of the population lives in slum dwellers. These slums are home to more than 1,42,000 people and cover about 1,600 hectares of mainland. To fight for land in Maharashtra, it was making Dharavi the second largest slum area in Nagpur after Mumbai.

Saroj-Nagar-Slum-Nagpur.
IMG-20181203-WA0006-600x315.jpg

iu

Care for more ??
Illegal constructions are getting demolished at a faster pace similar to what is happening in UP and Assam

1674809298076.png

1674809429938.png

Last edited:
India is minting money exploiting Bangladesh to the tune of at least $50 Billion every year, Bangladesh is unofficially India's number three or four source of remittance. Add to that open attempts at economic, religious and cultural hegemony in Bangladesh to Hindu-ize Muslims and even saffronize Bangladeshi Hindus for the last fifty years. Also - India has been controlling Hasina and making sure armed services in Bangladesh do not buy anything that is a threat to Indian status quo. People in Bangladesh are very aware of this but I guess their patience is very long lasting.

If Pakistan was a beneficiary of this one-sided trade other than India and vice versa, that alone changes the equation to a large degree. And change it will. Avg. person on the street in Bangladesh are all acutely aware of how India is and has been looting Bangladesh. This will eventually also change the geo-political stance of Indians trying to reduce the two-sided defence to one.

Once realization comes, that is the first step to a change.
This right here is what's wrong with the establishment. A forest fire rages in your own courtyard but instead of dousing it, expecting that your neighbors will start a quarrel and set fire to each others homes. I wonder where the 50Billion USD figure was pulled out of lol

Back
Top Bottom