What's new

On India- by ex-air mahshal Shahzad Chaudhry

Once you fall in debt cycle, it will take couple of decades just to recycle old debts with newer debts, while development, industrialization, public food and health security will take a back seat.

We haven't started taking land territories yet, that should be next in line. We should acquire some Bangladeshi land and strengthen our vulnerable Siliguri corridor.
Pakistan needs a strategy to “grow” out of the situation. Sell State owned enterprises to investors, preferably to those that aren’t competing with these business and will more then likely keep their money in the country, namely to citizens and overseas Pakistanis. Get the bad debt off the books, and create the environment to attract FDI to grow in areas that the country has the most potential to be competitive in, which would require heavy regulation in natural and man made resources such as water and electricity repetitively. Spend our own tax revenue on resource exploration so when we seek investors (domestic or international) for extracting our resources they can be done with the most profit to the government, and the virtuous cycle can continue.

India is minting money exploiting Bangladesh to the tune of at least $50 Billion every year, Bangladesh is unofficially India's number three or four source of remittance. Add to that open attempts at economic, religious and cultural hegemony in Bangladesh to Hindu-ize Muslims and even saffronize Bangladeshi Hindus for the last fifty years. Also - India has been controlling Hasina and making sure armed services in Bangladesh do not buy anything that is a threat to Indian status quo. People in Bangladesh are very aware of this but I guess their patience is very long lasting.

If Pakistan was a beneficiary of this one-sided trade other than India and vice versa, that alone changes the equation to a large degree. And change it will. Avg. person on the street in Bangladesh are all acutely aware of how India is and has been looting Bangladesh. This will eventually also change the geo-political stance of Indians trying to reduce the two-sided defence to one.

Once realization comes, that is the first step to a change.

Fortunately Pakistan chose the right path and did not become a puppet & slave of India like Bangladesh.

Thankfully We do not have sold outs like Hasina.

Mr shahzad ch should go back to hus naps and not write useless articles. Is he expect to get a cheque from modi?

India, sabne dekh liya kya huwa recently. Were begging for oxygen with millions died and floating in rivers, ran out of wood to burn their dead.
Kya ukhaar liya infosys ne aur tattas aur mittis ne us waqt? They didn’t give a **** about the poor.
And the the abhi-none-done saga and the beating from Pak and China.
If it were so great, why every other indian trying to migrate to canada and anywhere? Itni bari power yet people desperate to leave? Baat samajhne walay samajh gaye hain

Jis din Pakistan set hogya its always miles ahead of anyone. Abi to adha kp aur pura balochistan explore he nai huwa, itna kuch nikle ga k naslain khaingi
Lekin bat ye ha k khazanay ki chani to ek naik hukamran ko di jaigi tab he milayga sab
Inn chor uchakkon ko thori milsyga khazanay? Haha

Hamara maqsad b to sur hai, wo ha baitul maqdas(qibla e awwal ki fatah). Dajjal se muqbla, imam mehdi aur hazrat Isa a.s. Ka sath dena ha. These petty races aint fir us. We’re destined for big leagues.
Pakistans here to stay whether people or analysts believe or not, they’re itrelevant in the scheme of things.
Nuff said.

Mr shahzad ch should go back to hus naps and not write useless articles. Is he expect to get a cheque from modi?

India, sabne dekh liya kya huwa recently. Were begging for oxygen with millions died and floating in rivers, ran out of wood to burn their dead.
Kya ukhaar liya infosys ne aur tattas aur mittis ne us waqt? They didn’t give a **** about the poor.
And the the abhi-none-done saga and the beating from Pak and China.
If it were so great, why every other indian trying to migrate to canada and anywhere? Itni bari power yet people desperate to leave? Baat samajhne walay samajh gaye hain

Jis din Pakistan set hogya its always miles ahead of anyone. Abi to adha kp aur pura balochistan explore he nai huwa, itna kuch nikle ga k naslain khaingi
Lekin bat ye ha k khazanay ki chani to ek naik hukamran ko di jaigi tab he milayga sab
Inn chor uchakkon ko thori milsyga khazanay? Haha

Hamara maqsad b to sur hai, wo ha baitul maqdas(qibla e awwal ki fatah). Dajjal se muqbla, imam mehdi aur hazrat Isa a.s. Ka sath dena ha. These petty races aint fir us. We’re destined for big leagues.
Pakistans here to stay whether people or analysts believe or not, they’re itrelevant in the scheme of things.
Nuff said.

I like this confidence. Now what are your plans to materialise this confidence and make Pakistan a great economic power?

I like this confidence. Now what are your plans to materialise this confidence and make Pakistan a great economic power?
Sabar kero. Itna tawala hone di lor nai.

Beshak Allah sabar kerne walon k sath hai.

As this retired Air Mashall said
Doesn't he see some irony there? Pakistan military sucked bulk of the resources to invent and fight imaginary ghosts for better part of century thus ensuring the nation and civilian governments are in perpetual coma. Now that he sees there is no pulse or heartbeat or ECG, he suddenly feels guilty and starts crying I should have better cared for my mother.

A bit too perfect to be real. Are you sure it is not some videogame footage?

I have no idea because I am not pakistani but an Indian.

But it was posted by a Pakistani Pashtun Journalist of some fame and integrity.

End of the day people believe what they want to believe. You pick your choice.

I have chosen to believe this pakistani journalist who do not have investments and houses in foreign nations and have chosen to live in pakistan.

I have no idea because I am not pakistani but an Indian.

But it was posted by a Pakistani Pashtun Journalist of some fame and integrity.

End of the day people believe what they want to believe. You pick your choice.

I have chosen to believe this pakistani journalist who do not have investments and houses in foreign nations and have chosen to live in pakistan.
OK, I looked him up:
Fakhar Yousafzai
@fakharzai7

Journalist l Analyst l Columnist l Social Activist l Anchor l Work for Climate l Traveller l Hiker, https://khybernews.tv/page/3/?s=Fakhar+Yousafzai…+
Islamabad, Pakistan

I do not think he wants to post fake news; he just might be innocent enough to receive a file from somebody saying this is battlefield footage and he will put it on his Twitter. Bare minimum, he can show it to a senior military officer and ask for comment or confirmation. That a young journalist will have such a perfect perch to get a complete battle footage seems incredible.

unfortunately not everybody thinks or acts like mr. chaudhry.
we want a peaceful neighbourhood. period.

Unless Indians change their govt. to a non-Hindutva one - there will always be reproach of India by India's unfortunate neighbors. India's neighbors will not also betray China, which will always be a balancing force in the region. Even then, Indians have to open up their protectionist markets which they never will, to protect their lazy, inefficient and cossetted Banya industrialists.

"Peaceful neighborhood" is another name for exploiting Pakistan economically, just like India has been exploiting Bangladesh for the past fifty years. Indian govt. and Banyas only know how to take, they do not know how to give.

Ask us - we have been dealing with Indian Govt. and their Banyas for fifty years. Every year - they cheat us out of around $50 Billion. They want to do the same to Pakistan. Hindu Rashtra economically, if not geo-politically (which has proven to be rather difficult).

This is India's idea of "Peaceful neighborhood". So they can exploit with abandon. :rolleyes:

@rott and @beijingwalker take a look at this please.

A very balanced article, and it's what I've been saying all along. We overestimated our importance and did not play our cards right. The first tragic move we made, siding with one camp, brought us to this point. As this retired Air Mashall said, we decided to become a "whipping boy" but failed to establish boundaries and a working framework early on. As a result, India's foreign policy was one of balance, a Ying/Yang of sorts, and they reaped benefits from both sides.

India is too far gone to catch up economically and militarily for Pakistan. The Kashmir strategy has been a disaster, but Sheik Abdullah also bears the burden for his debacle of siding with India during the 1948-1971 conflicts we've had with India to retain his seat for Kashmir. He made deals with the devil, and people backed him, as we have people in Karachi voting for MQM, Sindi's PPP, and Punjabi's PML-N.

The list is endless, but at this point, Pakistan's future isn't within its hands but dictated from outside.

A sad state of affairs.
At the end of the day - a nation that “forgot” 71, forgot draconian Zia times, forgot Kargil, forgot Swat or APS, forgot Zardaris or Nawaz’s theft and forgot things that happened to them 3 months ago… has no chance against India.

In the end India does get massive kudos for what it achieved through good leadership, while Pakistanis rot not just from who they are inherited but by accepting what leadership does to them.

For the longest time it was difficult to accept but those that can ditch Pakistan for something better have done and should do so - because it is clear that numbers nor mass exists to change the people of Pakistan.

Heck, I question why I log into PDF… and at all comes down to not being done with the stages of grief at what Pakistan is.. I transitioned from bargaining to depression but hope and pray to quickly get to acceptance

The emphasis has to be on the people of Pakistan. With nukes my rational mind would have thought the powers in charge of Pakistan would turn to the internal development of Pakistan
On the other hand the rulers of Pakistan are thinking like imperials of centuries ago. the mindset is visible on PDF for all to see

The emphasis has to be on the people of Pakistan. With nukes my rational mind would have thought the powers in charge of Pakistan would turn to the internal development of Pakistan
On the other hand the rulers of Pakistan are thinking like imperials of centuries ago. the mindset is visible on PDF for all to see
India received its independence from the British and then Nehru along with the congress leadership was focused on erasing the British systems as well. They were not beholden to create a niche cause and so the leadership was all focused on independence from the British Raj and its adherents. Pakistan received its independence from congress and its Hindu dominated politics but that meant that it had to compromise with brown sahib electable in order to get the necessary votes during the 46 elections to convince the British the ML meant business; but while Jinnah was focused on moving to state building after that and per the writings of those close to him and early historians wanted to push for reform and key systems - he was gone in a year and then the political sahibs took over. So while Pakistan may have been wrung from the Congress it was never provided cultural independence from the Colonial system and its reliance on Sahibs that enforced their will through a military.

Subsequent Indian leaders were taught better - taught feudal lords are not , military is subservient and so on- Nehru's strong figure kept that going. Pakistani bureaucracy never received that education and the military was kept in the forefront because after Jinnah and Liaqat Ali Khan the rest of the leaders did not have that much unified support. So what you have is a peoples who are still in essence no more independent than those living under the British for a hundred years - they carry the same will and characteristics and in general wish to be a Jeeves rather than anything else.
So all you got with Pakistan was a successor the British Raj not in terms of the people but in terms of the fiefdoms but in the way the various princely states within the Raj behaved.

Back
Top Bottom